Revert the INT curve changes

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The issue I have with this sentiment, is that we don't have access to empirical data showing the distribution of builds being used. We also still have fairly incomplete skill trees and role balance in general given Magic and Archery are very much WIP.
Right. Can't that be said for all feedback/concerns for a game that is in beta though? Isnt that the point? I bring it up in an effort to highlight some of the potential issues I can see in the future.

I just know how much harder is it to get things changed after its all "finished" than when it's all still a WIP. I've made my point though, if its not a popular opinion thats fine. Hopefully it all works out and there isn't just a handful of meta builds.

I won't stop being annoyed about butchering lower INT builds though. It just doesn't sit right when you take builds that molded perfectly fine into MO1 for a decade and make them obsolete by doing a half-assed change.

Reactions: KraaGHaack

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I suspect most of the diversity that we do see right now will dry up after persistence. Only new players and non pvp focused people will have any but 3 fighter, 1 paladin, 1 magic/melee hybrid, or 2 mage builds. Plus mounteds which will be these same builds just differently specc-ed.
It is more diversity in name than MO1, but with speed changes it is less like diversity, more like an ability to reskin a base character to be shorter or taller, or able to use oghmir pipe etc.
I mean we also have people straight-up lying claiming they can hit 80 with fulmination on other players with non-obese mage builds, lol
My sheevra dex mage fulms my 70 psy fighter for 55- 64 nine times out of ten with the tenth time being resisted and hitting for 35.
Psy as defense is a useless attribute.
My Thursar has been fulmed for 80+ by a mounted mage. I assumed it was obese, but not sure.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Some of you are missing the point entirely. This thread is about a change that didn't have much of an impact on the game other than slash viable builds. Build diversity is low and you don't have to really weight the pro's and con's of clades when the attribute pool/caps are so different they make the better choice obvious. Its boring.

Its following the trend of MO1...even with the addition of clades.
I'm petty, i'd rather you all suffer if I have to.

I suppose if i'm being totally honest.

You can play a sheevra and be fine or drop strength. It actually makes some sense from a balance perspective. Maybe being max speed, max str, and max magic dmg ISN'T balanced because why would you play anything other than a veela at that point for hybrid/paladin.

It gives some purpose to the high human and sheevra stat pools.

Piet

May 28, 2020
The only solid reason iv seen for keeping the change is that it makes it kinda like a special human build for their gifts. Personally since the change I only know 1 hybrid and he's human. The changes seem good on paper and give the illusion of more choice but in all actuality you have to have a certain int that most builds can't reach without building a certain way so it makes basically 1 hybrid option and the same mage build option but it works on different races. This is in comparison between a clear and distinct difference between builds. Paladin had low mana and no mana regen, hybrid had low mana but had a little mana regen, dex mage had good mana and mana regen, and the fat mage had stronger spells the most mana and regen but cast slow because mounted. I totally see why people argued for the change because the build difference wasn't there because mana regen was bypassed by resting and even heavy armor has some regen anyways so there wasn't build distinction there either but I believe it woulda been wiser to fix the regen instead of change the int curve.