Resource Distribution

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Even though nothing is set in stone for the actual release of the game, going off of the information we have, it seems as though SV are going ahead with the same mistake of MO1 in that most if not all end game resources are in the one location (North East corner of the map).

• Tephra
• Gabore
• Iron Silk
• Dense Crepite
• Risar Dungeon supplying huge amounts of Pigiron, Grainsteel and Steel
• Blast Furnace
• Greater Naterus?
• Every extraction device between MK and GK
• Short trip to Mino Cave

With Medium armor being useless and unused all of these things make one corner of the map far superior, there is almost no reason to leave, in fact the only things needed to be imported are (based of MO1/MO2beta pricing) very cheap.

SV had a great opportunity to move some of these things yet chose not to which makes me wonder what other mistakes from MO1 will carry over.

This isn't a crying thread about changes I want or I'm leaving, I have supported the game for close to a decade and will continue to do so, this just a concern.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
I think it would be alright to move the spiderqueens and place them somewhere in the south. Maybe they moved south during the turbulent times. I don't know if the Clothos maiden queen will be in the game, but if she is it might be alright to keep her in the north. For balancing maybe have her not drop Ironsilk anymore.

It's indeed a hard balance. I find it might be best to try and make the products in the south to be more attractive. Metals are very sought out after while wood and plants are less so, aswell as exotic animal products (presumably found in the jungle). There seems to be a lot missing in the jungle still so it's hard to say how it will be, but it's better to bring it up before it's too late.

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
Jungle should have some special alchemy/breeder device, cerulite rocks should be upgraded on type/amount of materials, some dungeons should be placed at southeast corner of the map, those lands are just forgotten lmao

Reactions: Vergil

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I dont know, how do you'll distribuite the resources? I like the idea of one region particullary Rich in resources, with risks, guild contenders, ecc.

Reactions: peegee77 and Rorry

peegee77

Sep 13, 2020
SV made massive mistakes in MO1, but oddly enough I see resource distribution as one of the things they got right. Uneven distribution forces travel, it creates conflict over resources and generates some odd alliances and deals. Spreading resources more evenly will just lead to a fortress mentality where you don't need to leave your home territory.

Reactions: Bicorps

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
just 'ctrl+c' tephra crater and the blast furnace and 'ctrl+v' it in the middle of the sausage lake. GG WP map is balanced.

Reactions: Putzin

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
I don't see how having all of the good stuff in one corner is good resource distribution at all.
I get the traveling idea but if the crater and the blast furnace weren't next to each other there would be even more travel right?

Vergil

May 1, 2021
Split the good stuff up into different groups and put them far away from each other on the map, leave the low-mid tier stuff all over. Then for bonus points add in some super-rare resources that spawn randomly over large areas.
^^^^ this

While its tempting from game design perspective to leave high-end resources in only one place - it generates a major problem as well.
This will leave small groups with completely nothing, and only large guilds will contend between.

"Why should I go to GK and die constantly, if I can live without it?" - Is exactly what happens right now and will in the future.

It just promotes constant camping at one place, meaning there's no trafic at all in others, leading to completely dead zones without players.
Thus ruining all the fun for the solo players, and small groups that do not want to participate in dumb zerg rushing.

Placing it in center of the map will not change anything. Actually, it would make everything much more worse, due to players avoiding center of the map completely. Increasing total travel time.

Uneven random distribution is where golden middle is.
Make resources spawn randomly instead of constant points, and in the end we might see some sitting duck guilds running around other towns.
Thus contesting in different areas of the map, where as right now it feels like an empty dead world.

Edit: And this is even without TC / building available. After that feature ships - I'd highly doubt most of those player will leave TC areas at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: sta8hszont

Lenny

Dec 11, 2020
Split the good stuff up into different groups and put them far away from each other on the map, leave the low-mid tier stuff all over. Then for bonus points add in some super-rare resources that spawn randomly over large areas.
Atleast in MO1 they had the Metorites that fall from the sky and could be mined for some valuble ores. But if i remembe right you needed GK stuff aswell to do some high end metals like ogh.
Just make every Highend ressource at some point spawn in the game via Metorites for a limited time. Maybe even though npc invasions.

You get Points of interests, reason to travel/explore and blocking GK isnt preventing smaller groups to get some good stuff

Reactions: Bicorps and Rorry

strongaxe

May 19, 2021
Surely they plan to spread the valuable resources out to help generate local economies, prevent zerg monopolies, add variety and prevent dead, useless zones.

Putting all the resources in one location, whether that is the middle or a corner, just assumes you will have a dead game with not many people playing.

They made a big map, fill it up with good stuff for players to do and explore. If the population is decent then all the valuable areas will be contested.

Breannor

May 28, 2020
It lacks interest points for sure. What to do after you finish to level up your skill in this game if your are not in the empire TC project? The Map is so huge, feel empty, horse are difficult to find. I dont see exactly where the game is going on this aspect. Ressources are interest points but I agree at the moment it give content to few people because they are very limited .