Rerolling characters

wwkiller

Mar 30, 2021
nederland
so i reroll a lot..... maybe to much. but i every time i do i lose everthing, that i found or build up. for beta its ok sinds i can build up a lot in a short amount of time. but when the game hits EA would it not be beter to allow players to keep all items in their banks on rerolls, players wil still lose all their character invested skills and time to buid up the stats, with EA progress on them wil be a lot slower after all.

what do you all think ?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Items matter less than skills. Skills are what should remain. It is fairly easy to get a friend to hold things for you while you reroll. Having to reskill crafting in order to reroll to deal with changes in combat systems is what is really going to sting.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
so i reroll a lot..... maybe to much. but i every time i do i lose everthing, that i found or build up. for beta its ok sinds i can build up a lot in a short amount of time. but when the game hits EA would it not be beter to allow players to keep all items in their banks on rerolls, players wil still lose all their character invested skills and time to buid up the stats, with EA progress on them wil be a lot slower after all.

what do you all think ?
You reroll by changing your spec, not deleting your char

wwkiller

Mar 30, 2021
nederland
Items matter less than skills. Skills are what should remain. It is fairly easy to get a friend to hold things for you while you reroll. Having to reskill crafting in order to reroll to deal with changes in combat systems is what is really going to sting.

wel then it would make it less worse then starting over from scratch, sinds with gold you can still buy the skill books you wil need

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628

what do you all think ?
I think it would be an instant end run around the implicit penalties of getting such a bad reputation as one character that you end up rolling another to regain a shred of anonymity.

Biggest benefits would go to the most toxic players.

If it wasn't for that...

laylah_sig_wide_zps90b85aae.JPG

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
I get where you are coming from; I rerolled a fair bit in MO1 even with multiple character slots. Personally it was kinda boring transferring wealth to a new character because it shortcut the process of training them up. At a point I used to just put it on the broker for cheap or let it disappear. Then again getting the wealth you needed wasn't a big deal in mo1 towards the end.

Have to agree with Laylah re: reputation. Those types would exploit that to expedite their way back to griefing different areas of the map, or being able to easily access their illicitly obtained bounties risk-free if they decided that its value was worth the sacrifice of rerolling characters.

If SV decided to go back to their roots and implement the Deva system in which all of your characters were linked to a Deva(account) and shared reputation and secondary skills (shared spirit) then perhaps, but the game would need to be built around that concept which it doesn't seem to be right now.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
i know....... i cant really stick to a race. and i enjoy the buiding proces

If you know you reroll frequently in MO2 and other MMOs (alt-aholic), then do yourself a favour and play a human. Then choose a bloodline that gives you a small boost to the attributes you will most likely be targeting the specific caps for. If you're undecided across the board, go full Tind for max attribute pool.

You won't be min maxed in any particular area that other clades can, but you'll be vastly more flexible in every way.

wwkiller

Mar 30, 2021
nederland
i tied that.... still dit not stick to the human XD
If you know you reroll frequently in MO2 and other MMOs (alt-aholic), then do yourself a favour and play a human. Then choose a bloodline that gives you a small boost to the attributes you will most likely be targeting the specific caps for. If you're undecided across the board, go full Tind for max attribute pool.

You won't be min maxed in any particular area that other clades can, but you'll be vastly more flexible in every way.

i tied that.... still dit not stick to the human XD

• Haha
Reactions: Woody

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
When housing comes along, there will be options for non-player linked storage. I imagine this will aid you greatly in your rerolling process.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
When housing comes along, there will be options for non-player linked storage. I imagine this will aid you greatly in your rerolling process.

When housing comes, you will stop rerolling because you would lose your house ownership. And don't forget very expansive and rare skill books. After learning such a skill like Oghmium lore you will never reroll that character. Items, gold and spellbooks (even with rare and expansive spells) can always be traded to a guild mate. But skills would be lost.

agui

May 31, 2020
I think that could work in mo1 not in mo2.

But for it there would it be 2 kinds of reroll
1 - full rerrol: reroll your build , race and skills , mc's, rep, and bank acc

2- the build reroll: reroll only your build , race and skills, but stays intact your bank acc ,mc's and rep how was it before reroll

But this doesnt work in mo2? Henrik said our char will age , will get older, and that changes all the stats. Henrik also sais that you needbto be known by your race and rep ... so for sure he will never implement your idea, or ppl would just all them time reroll for meta age and race and never be a unique figure in this game

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I think they will need to have a reroll similar to how they did in MO1, (reputation will still be intact because you could not change the name or any of the things that can be changed by in-game actions,) because they are never finished balancing the combat system and changes can render builds virtually unusable for pvp.

I think making characters age in game is a stupid idea that will never fly. Age is far too tied into character ability.

Having no reroll option that saves skills and items doesn't hurt the people who you worry are going to get out of their bad reputation nearly as bad as it will hurt the rest of us who play the game in a straightforward way. Those people will simply not worry about having any crafting skills and will just remake their fighter character over and over (it takes less than two days if you know what you are doing as they have no need to build in every part, like passive regen, because they will only be playing that char for a short while and then starting again.)

wwkiller

Mar 30, 2021
nederland
having multiple char slots wil not work to well sinds then one player can do every thing buy himself and not need other players. but having a reroll option is a really good to have, sinds they wil keep adding new skils, balance etc this can ruin your build very vast. adding a new race will piss people off two if they lose it all on a reroll. so adding a reroll option wil give them room to work, and players room to experiment with new stuff. raputation still needs to be acound wide. maybe setting a time limid on rerolls will help, like once a week.

and there wil still be the problem of people having multiple accounts, sinds if they want they can get all the char slots they want if they have the money for it (and the need to spend it)

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
I also feel like rerolling should be made more comfortable. If everything would be ingame by release and nothing would change much, it wouldnt matter. But as it was in the beta, balance will shift and skills will be added that might completely change the meta. We a need a mechanic in order to avoid feeling gimped after a patch.