Rep system sucks

Fartest

Mar 23, 2022
Add a jail system you kill a player they don't attack back at you.... You go red for a while keep adding more kills the longer you will be red there's no way to reduce kill count. If you die when you're red go to jail in which ever city player was citizen of either u have to wait the timer to get out or pay gold to get out the longer timer the more u gotta pay. Jail would be visitable by players to see who's there.
Running parcels for rep is boring as fck and getting 10xp wtf? Make parcels so you deliver goods for other cities for rewards eg bring 2000 leather to tindrem and get 200xp or gold.
At the moment gameplay loop is get ganked by 3 players respwan repeat nobody even gives a fck about rep with their 20 Argentina VPN accounts

Make so you can't get past lvl 5 in haven braindead that you can get max level in starter area same for professions
add more character slots asap. 100+k copies sold 1k players that's 99% who bought your game don't play it because of your marketing 1 character per account bs that's a bad metric

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Add a jail system you kill a player they don't attack back at you.... You go red for a while keep adding more kills the longer you will be red there's no way to reduce kill count. If you die when you're red go to jail in which ever city player was citizen of either u have to wait the timer to get out or pay gold to get out the longer timer the more u gotta pay. Jail would be visitable by players to see who's there.
Running parcels for rep is boring as fck and getting 10xp wtf? Make parcels so you deliver goods for other cities for rewards eg bring 2000 leather to tindrem and get 200xp or gold.
At the moment gameplay loop is get ganked by 3 players respwan repeat nobody even gives a fck about rep with their 20 Argentina VPN accounts

Make so you can't get past lvl 5 in haven braindead that you can get max level in starter area same for professions
add more character slots asap. 100+k copies sold 1k players that's 99% who bought your game don't play it because of your marketing 1 character per account bs that's a bad metric

My dream come true, allways wanted a jail to sit on ingame, thank you for this amazing suggestion

Reactions: Tashka and Tzone

oldeurope

Sep 7, 2021
Lol, its a good idea as long as u have gold on your bank or a mate can bought u free?

Sounds better then parcels, no?

If your Guild also could open the door by killing the "10 jailguards" + fighting half of the town could be fun?

Red Revolution!

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Lol, its a good idea as long as u have gold on your bank or a mate can bought u free?

Sounds better then parcels, no?

If your Guild also could open the door by killing the "10 jailguards" + fighting half of the town could be fun?

Red Revolution!
How could sitting in a jail be better than travelling the world. Damn these suggestions are absolute dogshit quality.

Reactions: rgarrett

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
murdering is part of the fun of this game. people wanto murder in this game. no murder = no fun = no play = no game. if everyone can understand this it will be great. the idea here is to create fun - you wanna RP being in prison? im pretty sure thats not fun..............

Fartest

Mar 23, 2022
How could sitting in a jail be better than travelling the world. Damn these suggestions are absolute dogshit quality.
You just pay gold and get out (from city Bank or player can buy you out)or wait if your poor if you read make parcels carry goods so it would be worth attacking players who might carry stuff and would give objectives to pve players not empty worthless letter for 30min so you can gank 1 more guy or get 10xp you have little brain but it's ok reading for hillbillys isn't the best. This game isn't supposed to be lawless grief fiesta so you want to be out in the world don't murder 100s of innocent players. The more murders u have the longer/more expensive the penalty.

Last edited:
D

Dracu

Parcel rewards need a serious overhaul. 20 minutes for 1-2 rep... Its boring and time consuming. With limited playtime its annoying when your available playtime get filled with "unvaluable" content. Atleast the rewards need to be alot better. I dont mind it beeing worth for non pk players.

I also should add that the rep loss aint valuable either. The ppl you kill rarely ever have anything thats worth 20 minutes of time.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It depends on the ways u have to get out of jail i think?

Take the red pill!
if its ment like an UO jail then yeah it would be completly ass, just forcing players to do stupid shit. Now if you told me they would manage to do a proper jail system with really good, challenging and fun escape mechanics i'd agree but it will not. SV does not have the faculties to design such system and i wouldn't ask it from them either, they can barely copy-paste old systems from MO1 and most of them are worse than in MO1, so yeah.

In an abstract plane we could imagine the most interesting escape-jail mechanics for games but lets be honests here, SV can't pull it off, they can't even make a proper flagging system or many other basic functions the game should have. Would i want them to start working on something they have no clue on how to make it properly? NO, if they already do bad with things they know i can't imagine something new.

Makalis

Mar 24, 2021
What about no murder count / rep loss if you murder someone from X meters away from towns? Like a black zone experience where you can kill or be killed freely.

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
you can always talk shit to gm he will put you in jail for month !

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
What about no murder count / rep loss if you murder someone from X meters away from towns? Like a black zone experience where you can kill or be killed freely.

Reporting should be whitness based either player or NPC, that would solve any geographic disposition of the world's law. But people need to play a themepark, die and ress to report. People instead of teaching noobs how to survive, teach em how to exploit the system to give more penalty to criminals, if thats not absolutly retarded idk what in the world is.

No matter how challenging and fun it is, after you do it 20+ times it becomes a chore.

Thats a problematic that should be included in the design of course, obviously not something you can ask to SV. Imagine asking for something organic challenging and fun when you see the PVE MO already has, by definition the most repetitive stoopid ass pve out there.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Yeah this is in Star Citizen.. and it is horrible. It is easily the quickest way to kill PVP.

oldeurope

Sep 7, 2021
Ok. I think without handcuffing and forcefeeding like in dayz (suicide button disabled then) we will never have a "player driven law system".

Maybe a lasso to pull the gangsters through the streets like in red dead redemtion?

rgarrett

Apr 23, 2022
lets go play a internet game to go sit in jail and not play the game around your very limited work free time

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Everyone thinks the rep system sucks. SV makes mechanics to make the game less fun to get people to do other things but it doesnt work because for most people only play to PvP. No alternatives to PvP, no alternatives to mo2, so you just get a lot of pissed off PvPers still begrudingly playing your increasingly less fun game.

meanwhile you are focus'd so much on making the game less fun to PvPers that you dont make the game more fun for PvErs and are not giving them a reason to stick around are come replace those PvPers that do quit the game because of the BS changes you made.

How about give red player content away from the noobs to solve your problems instead of just doing what every possible to make the game worse for a section of your player base.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
meanwhile you are focus'd so much on making the game less fun to PvPers that you dont make the game more fun for PvErs

This is a REALLY solid point. It's exactly what happened to Pathfinder Online actually. They were so focused on curtailing muderhobos at the start that they failed to develop anything in the game that was actually... fun. MO2 is actually in a better state than that flaming pile of garbage but it's still something to learn from.

The rep and murder system seem to have been a huge drain and they're in a state nobody is really happy with them. Maybe focus on things like the task system and territorial control before like 5 more updates to make murderhobos less fun to play.

I know the people I know who left weren't reds but their reason for leaving wasn't "I'm tired of getting killed". It was "I was promised domination and all we have is crabs" and "dear god that launch was an absolute disaster, I have no more faith in this company".

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Everyone thinks the rep system sucks. SV makes mechanics to make the game less fun to get people to do other things but it doesnt work because for most people only play to PvP. No alternatives to PvP, no alternatives to mo2, so you just get a lot of pissed off PvPers still begrudingly playing your increasingly less fun game.

meanwhile you are focus'd so much on making the game less fun to PvPers that you dont make the game more fun for PvErs and are not giving them a reason to stick around are come replace those PvPers that do quit the game because of the BS changes you made.

Winner!

I like PvP but I want PvP that feels like it fits a low fantasy setting (When I do it). Some players wanting to be PKers... Fine. Bandit lords exist in fantasy books lol. I want MO2 to offer more choice to players and not through restrictive mechanics like "fill bar to PvP".

TBH I'm struggling to like MO2 and already uninstalled/reinstalled because of disappointment. I want this 'open sandbox MMORPG with full loot and PvP' theme. MO2 is feeling like a diluted version... Kind of like seeing a nice fresh glass of OJ and taking a sip to find out it has been watered down 1000 times already.

Rep system is another thing which makes it feel watered down.

Where is the trade-off? Player choice... Other than get all bars to max? SV could have made it so if you went + in 1 faction then it would put a - on another faction.
Rewards that can be bought at rep levels so that there is a reason for non-PvP to run them... Say some items can only be bought at max rep kind of thing. (I.E. Bor can be bought at max rep in Meduli.)
Risk in max reputation? Max reputation and well... It is reputation. Your character has max reputation and is very well known to the other factions. Other factions may wish to pay for assassinations of max rep players. Risk Vs Reward concept.

It feels as if SV didn't sit down and looked at how the players would use the mechanics they implement outside of their scenario.

rgarrett

Apr 23, 2022
rep system does suck

i just accidently hit -1 today didnt have a warning didnt know im noob guards kill me

cant find anywhere to rez
done