Release plan of (first) dungeon

Chinchy

Jul 11, 2020
All I hope is after release when they add new content like dungeons and other "New stuff" unless its balancing of previous known items and dungeons they don't give to much away. Its great finding things without being hand held as to where to look.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
All I hope is after release when they add new content like dungeons and other "New stuff" unless its balancing of previous known items and dungeons they don't give to much away. Its great finding things without being hand held as to where to look.

I think StarVault should create one or two simple "starter" dungeons to test the AI and the general design. But I agree, the "real" dungeons should not be tested, even the location should not be known before release.

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
I think StarVault should create one or two simple "starter" dungeons to test the AI and the general design. But I agree, the "real" dungeons should not be tested, even the location should not be known before release.
yup pretty much this, im confident that hendrik knows this is the way to go

Reactions: PatWins

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I could see wanting Mobs in dungeons from the beginning. But they may want us to test for other issues before AI is in it.

For example, it could be hard to give locational error reports of an invisible object or missing textures when you are under attack from AI.

Though other issues could surely arise after AI is added as well.

This is how it normally works in MO. Even in testing the patch notes will probably not tell us where the dungeon is located.

In previous testing I was in, they tested the systems and mechanics and then built using those outside of testing. So as a tester you seen how things basically worked, but did not test it in every location/situation they used it.

One issue with this method though was that at times it could lead to specific issues in areas that never really got tested. Which could come off as not being well polished/tested.

Hopefully they do a lot of non player testing in later development before release. This would help to maintain the mystery for players and still present a 'clean' game when steam players get access.

Reactions: MaDeuce and PatWins

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I'm not sure but I think that MO2 dungeuns will be the same of MO1 (locations, kind of mobs, exc.)

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I'm not sure but I think that MO2 dungeuns will be the same of MO1 (locations, kind of mobs, exc.)

I hope not. Hundreds of years have passed and the world is much bigger. I want to see many more dungeons, bigger dungeons and different enemies. There was something about this in the Q&A I believe. Something about the underground being much more important. Hopefully that means some kind of "Underdark" (for the DnD Nerds out there).

Reactions: Kuroi and SeaShadow

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Time passing in reality would mean less dungeons actually. Considering societies progress and get out of their caves and everything old will already have been explored. :p

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Time passing in reality would mean less dungeons actually. Considering societies progress and get out of their caves and everything old will already have been explored. :p

Tell that to the people who the romans left behind. We are also still finding new species in remote regions.

I think you can make an argument for more dungeons (abandoned mines, ratkin bases, spider cave) with a variety of enemies. Such as bandits taking over a former spidercave etc.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Those "new" species aren't new though, they were just previously undiscovered, so the amount of them did not increase.

We need more Minotaur caves. I can see dedicated Minotaur breeders.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Those "new" species aren't new though, they were just previously undiscovered, so the amount of them did not increase.

We need more Minotaur caves. I can see dedicated Minotaur breeders.
Risky business that. I heard Minotaurs got a thing for other humanoid species.

Fortuona

Jun 17, 2020
NC USA
I love dungeon exploring! I use to sneak into the Minotaur dungeon and spy on players (and attack if fitting). Do it right Star Vault!!

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
I hope not. Hundreds of years have passed and the world is much bigger. I want to see many more dungeons, bigger dungeons and different enemies. There was something about this in the Q&A I believe. Something about the underground being much more important. Hopefully that means some kind of "Underdark" (for the DnD Nerds out there).
i don't care about "proper" dungeons, i would at least love many more caves and stuff to explore underground, i still remember how much time i spent at cave camp running around during closed beta <3

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
think henrik did mention the first dungeon would be fab tower tho according to the roadmap it will be in before any creatures so i guess it will just be something interesting to look at. I really hope they get dungeon design right with the navmesh and claustraphobic settings, ensuring enemies path correctly and dont jump around in weird ways or bug out on inclines or spawn on top/below the tunnels making them unhittable. so many issues with MO1 dungeons i hope they can iron out.

-barcode

Reactions: Kuroi