Red Priest changes

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Not gonna quote thru all this, but at henrik clade, nah I swear someone said for a small fee it would be reset-able. That's trashcanz, not relevant to thread but still.

rofl @ tek, Albie talks shit, that's what he does. He's like a pro wrestler. It can be about whatever and he's gonna end up talking mad shit! That's why people gotta learn to love everyone's personalities! :D

Passin thoughts... I think there will be a change, tho. Remember when they did the stam armor nerf, people got mad enough they reverted. This is getting enough backlash, something is gonna be implemented... lol I would assume more than the priests at keeps but who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Oh god they made it harder to afk until something blue walked into your area like some lazy gluttonous pig waits for their tray to be filled up each day. Boohoo the rep system isn't finished yet. Maybe you should learn how to use the current system instead of ham fisting some shitty 8 year old playstyle you used to bully players in the old game?

Run Parcels.

Choose your targets wisely (like not farming murder counts on nakeds spawning at your priest, idiots.)

???

You have successfully made your character able to enjoy pvp in the current system.

Is it anywhere near good yet? Nope, they have to introduce the lawless zones asap and I agree these piece by piece updates only rile up the community and confuse/anger the playerbase. However it shows progress at least and the current system isn't "unplayable". You are just a freakin idiot if you farmed up 100 murder counts. That is your own fault.

Reactions: Valoran

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Oh god they made it harder to afk until something blue walked into your area like some lazy gluttonous pig waits for their tray to be filled up each day. Boohoo the rep system isn't finished yet. Maybe you should learn how to use the current system instead of ham fisting some shitty 8 year old playstyle you used to bully players in the old game?

Run Parcels.

Choose your targets wisely (like not farming murder counts on nakeds spawning at your priest, idiots.)

???

You have successfully made your character able to enjoy pvp in the current system.

Is it anywhere near good yet? Nope, they have to introduce the lawless zones asap and I agree these piece by piece updates only rile up the community and confuse/anger the playerbase. However it shows progress at least and the current system isn't "unplayable". You are just a freakin idiot if you farmed up 100 murder counts. That is your own fault.

I'd prefer pvp to be organic not sociopathic.

There is sportsmanship, competition, fun... in pvp, for most people except for those who are morally offended by it. I was morally offended by it, at times, in 1. I didn't mind dying, but depending on how it unfolded, the person could leave a bad impression on me. I guess they still can, but I can shake it off just like I would in a game, like in fighting games where people continue to hit your body after you are KO'd. It's just poor sportsmanship. Clowns who don't win much winning and playing with their food.

The more calculated PKing gets, it becomes about saving up your points, putting that against loot, it becomes a real number crunch and the only thing you can compare that to in real life is sociopathy. That's the only people who benefit from that. People are still gonna get killed, people are still gonna get looted, offended, but the people who make it into a system, choose their targets, etc, like you said.

Sometimes you might kill someone 100 times at a priest because shit got real. I haven't lol, but I'm saying, things escalate, you know? Might be two people fighting and killing each other and giving each other MCs. Let them fight it out. Let them have their pvp. What does this system favor, going for 'whale' targets that are easy kills, that's not pvp, either. That is actually ganking and only favors ganking. If you get into pvp, you have to forget about the numbers and fight it out. Or you have to stop when the numbers go a certain way. That's not healthy pvp imo. Pvp is more than ganking people.

Sure some people play bandit, and that system would work for people playing bandit, but there are other types of pvp. Imagine spending hours running parcels thinking about how many people you can kill. You don't think that's a weird way to program the mind? lol. Sure, you see the number go up as you kill people, too, but that's an extra layer. You aren't doing good deeds, you are time sinking so you can kill more.

I recently watched insomnia, ever seen that movie? Cleaning the body, clipping the nails. You don't see the parallel?

A dynamic war dec system would work, but since there are so many tags, and people will continue to MC you, it doesn't... it never will. Other than the people who are calcing out time used running parcel vs loot they can gain or parcels v amount of pets you can blow up, who is enjoying the system? It's stupid, sure, to go red or neg rep with how punishing it can be, but there should be many situations that develop that are just not 'those sort of moments.' Territory wars, 1v1s... I'm not saying there is a large amount of respect in the MO community, but it'd be nice to know pvp could occur in an environment where it was 'supposed to', in that moment, and not linger like a war dec. People are gonna lose loot, people are gonna give MCs, whatever, but in that moment, it's pvp. That's the fun part of the game.

The only thing parcels do is favor people whose playstyle IS PKing/ganking and getting gains from it. The gains they are getting aren't tertiary, per se, but they are primary. Where as in 'pvp' the loot you get or whatever is just another thing, it's just another risk you take, too. People are fighting for a reason, or sometimes just to fight, to see who is better, whatever, but it's still a far cry from Mr. I ran 10 parcels so I'm gonna kill 10 people and laugh all the way to the bank. It's a really bad system. It's vile. It assumes all pvp is the worst kind of pvp and, as such, pushes it towards that kind.

Tell me where I'm going wrong in my thinking.

And if you're going to read my post, please read the whole thing.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I'd prefer pvp to be organic not sociopathic.

There is sportsmanship, competition, fun... in pvp, for most people except for those who are morally offended by it. I was morally offended by it, at times, in 1. I didn't mind dying, but depending on how it unfolded, the person could leave a bad impression on me. I guess they still can, but I can shake it off just like I would in a game, like in fighting games where people continue to hit your body after you are KO'd. It's just poor sportsmanship. Clowns who don't win much winning and playing with their food.

The more calculated PKing gets, it becomes about saving up your points, putting that against loot, it becomes a real number crunch and the only thing you can compare that to in real life is sociopathy. That's the only people who benefit from that. People are still gonna get killed, people are still gonna get looted, offended, but the people who make it into a system, choose their targets, etc, like you said.

Sometimes you might kill someone 100 times at a priest because shit got real. I haven't lol, but I'm saying, things escalate, you know? Might be two people fighting and killing each other and giving each other MCs. Let them fight it out. Let them have their pvp. What does this system favor, going for 'whale' targets that are easy kills, that's not pvp, either. That is actually ganking and only favors ganking. If you get into pvp, you have to forget about the numbers and fight it out. Or you have to stop when the numbers go a certain way. That's not healthy pvp imo. Pvp is more than ganking people.

Sure some people play bandit, and that system would work for people playing bandit, but there are other types of pvp. Imagine spending hours running parcels thinking about how many people you can kill. You don't think that's a weird way to program the mind? lol. Sure, you see the number go up as you kill people, too, but that's an extra layer. You aren't doing good deeds, you are time sinking so you can kill more.

I recently watched insomnia, ever seen that movie? Cleaning the body, clipping the nails. You don't see the parallel?

A dynamic war dec system would work, but since there are so many tags, and people will continue to MC you, it doesn't... it never will. Other than the people who are calcing out time used running parcel vs loot they can gain or parcels v amount of pets you can blow up, who is enjoying the system? It's stupid, sure, to go red or neg rep with how punishing it can be, but there should be many situations that develop that are just not 'those sort of moments.' Territory wars, 1v1s... I'm not saying there is a large amount of respect in the MO community, but it'd be nice to know pvp could occur in an environment where it was 'supposed to', in that moment, and not linger like a war dec. People are gonna lose loot, people are gonna give MCs, whatever, but in that moment, it's pvp. That's the fun part of the game.

The only thing parcels do is favor people whose playstyle IS PKing/ganking and getting gains from it. The gains they are getting aren't tertiary, per se, but they are primary. Where as in 'pvp' the loot you get or whatever is just another thing, it's just another risk you take, too. People are fighting for a reason, or sometimes just to fight, to see who is better, whatever, but it's still a far cry from Mr. I ran 10 parcels so I'm gonna kill 10 people and laugh all the way to the bank. It's a really bad system. It's vile. It assumes all pvp is the worst kind of pvp and, as such, pushes it towards that kind.

Tell me where I'm going wrong in my thinking.

And if you're going to read my post, please read the whole thing.
I think you read too much into my post. I was simply pointing out that people are complaining about being able to do ridiculous amounts of killing and harshly punished by it like there is no way around such punishment. I gave a current release solution to their complaining. To further clarify, I do not believe the current system is good or finished in any way. We need more ways to gain reputation, we need lawless zones where you cant be murder counted, we need siege equipment, proper multi-player storage in guilds/houses, horse armor or health adjustments, etc.

There's a ton of things wrong yet there is a "right" way to play with the current system that doesn't end up with a player at 100 murder counts and unable to go into any town ever again. That part is self-created drama because they don't understand or respect that the rules changed.

Regardless of how terrible this current system is, it "technically" works well enough if you just use it properly. If they love hanging out in jungle camp or cave camp so much why not run a parcel everytime they go down there for some pvp? Then you just limit yourself a bit on how many people you kill. A Great start would be not camping nakeds at the priest. It's really that simple.

Reactions: Valoran

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
The more calculated PKing gets, it becomes about saving up your points, putting that against loot, it becomes a real number crunch and the only thing you can compare that to in real life is sociopathy.
MMMOOOODDSSSS Emdash is personally attacking me!

Robbers = sociopaths irl
PvP = Griefing
PKers = psychopaths irl

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021

Run Parcels.

???

I would just like to point out in your posting history that you were pro more priests for red players.

This isn't really an option in GK atm. I definitely agree there should be more red priests. especially in lawless towns.

Here is your exact quote.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Imagine making a system to keep people from being ran out of the game only to run off more players instead. Among the dedicated player base as well.

I think you read too much into my post. I was simply pointing out that people are complaining about being able to do ridiculous amounts of killing and harshly punished by it like there is no way around such punishment. I gave a current release solution to their complaining. To further clarify, I do not believe the current system is good or finished in any way. We need more ways to gain reputation, we need lawless zones where you cant be murder counted, we need siege equipment, proper multi-player storage in guilds/houses, horse armor or health adjustments, etc.

There's a ton of things wrong yet there is a "right" way to play with the current system that doesn't end up with a player at 100 murder counts and unable to go into any town ever again. That part is self-created drama because they don't understand or respect that the rules changed.

Regardless of how terrible this current system is, it "technically" works well enough if you just use it properly. If they love hanging out in jungle camp or cave camp so much why not run a parcel everytime they go down there for some pvp? Then you just limit yourself a bit on how many people you kill. A Great start would be not camping nakeds at the priest. It's really that simple.

Tell people to pay 15 bucks a month to semi afk horse ride between towns several time in order to get 15 mins of PvP. Great game design choice. Surely it will keep players in your game.

Dont let people play the main content of the game which is PvP. Great game design. Lets all do PvE which is very shallow has low entertainment value. The only thing that makes this game worth playing is the PvP, its what adds consequences to the game as you should not be dying to any mobs in this game.

Its pretty sad that people call PvP killing like its a real life crime and not the main content of the game. You know there is no jury or investigation to judge them murders. Most people have MCs from defend them selves. But if your are incapable of even defending your self from aggressors then that would explain the ignorance here.

Saying very ignorant thing like dont kill the people that will go to bank grab a weapon and kill you when you are not looking. Very ignorant and out of touch showing that you dont even play the game or understand how it plays.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I would just like to point out in your posting history that you were pro more priests for red players.

Here is your exact quote.
Yes, and the reason i* advocated for more priests is to reduce the amount of priest camping that you can do in that area. Which has nothing to do with the current argument.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Imagine making a system to keep people from being ran out of the game only to run off more players instead. Among the dedicated player base as well.

Tell people to pay 15 bucks a month to semi afk horse ride between towns several time in order to get 15 mins of PvP. Great game design choice. Surely it will keep players in your game.

Dont let people play the main content of the game which is PvP. Great game design. Lets all do PvE which is very shallow has low entertainment value. The only thing that makes this game worth playing is the PvP, its what adds consequences to the game as you should not be dying to any mobs in this game.

Its pretty sad that people call PvP killing like its a real life crime and not the main content of the game. You know there is no jury or investigation to judge them murders. Most people have MCs from defend them selves. But if your are incapable of even defending your self from aggressors then that would explain the ignorance here.

Saying very ignorant thing like dont kill the people that will go to bank grab a weapon and kill you when you are not looking. Very ignorant and out of touch showing that you dont even play the game or understand how it plays.
imagine being afraid of a naked with a weapon who has grey bar from being killed. If they hit you again just kill them again. You don't need to kill them relentlessly just because you can.

but you are exactly who i am talking about, aren't you? Too stupid to just use the system at hand and beating yourself over the head with needless and worthless murder counts vs naked.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I'm not really making a personal judgment on your support of the system as it is, but I am pointing out the main flaw, which is, in that wall of text, that it treats all pvp like the worst kind of pvp. And equates x ganks to x parcels.

MMMOOOODDSSSS Emdash is personally attacking me!

Robbers = sociopaths irl
PvP = Griefing
PKers = psychopaths irl

haha that's what got me about loping he thought I was calling him a sociopath. That's the beauty of people not reading posts.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I'm not really making a personal judgment on your support of the system as it is, but I am pointing out the main flaw, which is, in that wall of text, that it treats all pvp like the worst kind of pvp. And equates x ganks to x parcels.
Sure I can agree with that.

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
Imagine not being angry at SV for continuing to halfass systems with mechanics that are based on something else to be patched in at some undisclosed time in the distant future, thus breaking the game.

Imagine too being a Beta tester and knowing SV has been doing this for over a year

Bitter Mo1 vets have a point in this respect. SV keeps doing it and people should rightfully be mad about it. Don't tell me you're going to change the tires on my car and then give it back to me with 2 flat tires and the back tires being just rims.

Imagine having more words in your vocabulary than just 'imagine' to make a point :ROFLMAO:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

You are wrong, you don't understand the current mechanics nor what it involves nor the fact that the new system doesn't work for shit cuz local grey is broken.

Prob everyone agrees that it's not cool for murderers to access towns, and can still do it so i don't know what the actual fuck You are talking about.

It's understandable theres a design intended to populate "empty" areas where theres thin player activities, to "move" the criminal public a little away from BLUE towns but by the location and number of red priests this doesn't work.

Because whoever that has 5+ murdercounts is doomed to do extensive foot-naked running to any place in order to gear up. This is a retarded thing to add on it's own, when it's not supported by other mechanics. You want geared people travelling the world not poor naked fucks trying to get to Town.

Completly different story would be if this changes came with mechanics that would let the population of these gamestyles to continue with their activities, away from BLUE towns yet able to access at least housing banks, at least wilderness equerrys.

You can't justify these changes by saying they Will eventually add TC and that it's better this way. Nobody is complaining for "adjusting" the balance of the world si murderering doesn't go un-punished. Then again i think enough punishment should be not to access BLUE towns and having to ress a little far away but only if theres mechanics to make it work otherwise it's just crippling the gametime of players, forcing them to have alt accounts, mages to be support or dedicated ress mages cuz of the murdercounts and lets be honests, doing a ress mage is not cheap nor easy.

The reality is that these SV idiots dindnt think this through because you can't add a system that cripples the gameplay of a good amount of people without offering alternatives. So now this people that only kept playing by SV's rules are completly fucked cuz SV is unable to release a proper patch that delivers shit in good state. I mean theres not even housing in all instances. You could keep justifying this dog ass development by saying fanboi garbage such as "they will eventually add it", that doesn't work, players want and deserve results now and you can't deny it's a poor judgement half baked placeholder garbage patch.

SO this argument is mostly about putting this general concern on the table, Will SV continue to release this garbage placeholder patches that seem to go nowhere or are they going to make a dev plan with a real idea and direction? Is it too much to ask at least some rounded up" patches that if nerf a gamestyle at least consider the impact?

For me this was an arbitrary shitty patch that didn't balance shit, Henrik was so proud baout the local grey bullshit and here i am still KOS every single pet i see and no murdercounts, but the actual local grey is broken and these poor fucks don't even know it probably.

I understand Your carebear perspective but honestly you are a dumb cunt if You support this kind of development.

Last edited:

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
You are wrong, you don't understand the current mechanics nor what it involves nor the fact that the new system doesn't work for shit cuz local grey is broken.

Prob everyone agrees that it's not cool for murderers to access towns, and can still do it so i don't know what the actual fuck You are talking about.

It's understandable theres a design intended to populate "empty" areas where theres thin player activities, to "move" the criminal public a little away from BLUE towns but by the location and number of red priests this doesn't work.

Because whoever that has 5+ murdercounts is doomed to do extensive foot-naked running to any place in order to gear up. This is a retarded thing to add on it's own, when it's not supported by other mechanics. You want geared people travelling the world not poor naked fucks trying to get to Town.

Completly different story would be if this changes came with mechanics that would let the population of these gamestyles to continue with their activities, away from BLUE towns yet able to access at least housing banks, at least wilderness equerrys.

You can't justify these changes by saying they Will eventually add TC and that it's better this way. Nobody is complaining for "adjusting" the balance of the world si murderering doesn't go un-punished. Then again i think enough punishment should be not to access BLUE towns and having to ress a little far away but only if theres mechanics to make it work otherwise it's just crippling the gametime of players, forcing them to have alt accounts, mages to be support or dedicated ress mages cuz of the murdercounts and lets be honests, doing a ress mage is not cheap nor easy.

The reality is that these SV idiots dindnt think this through because you can't add a system that cripples the gameplay of a good amount of people without offering alternatives. So now this people that only kept playing by SV's rules are completly fucked cuz SV is unable to release a proper patch that delivers shit in good state. I mean theres not even housing in all instances. You could keep justifying this dog ass development by saying fanboi garbage such as "they will eventually add it", that doesn't work, players want and deserve results now and you can't deny it's a poor judgement half baked placeholder garbage patch.

SO this argument is mostly about putting this general concern on the table, Will SV continue to release this garbage placeholder patches that seem to go nowhere or are they going to make a dev plan with a real idea and direction? Is it todo much to ask at least some rounded up" patches that if nerf a gamestyle at least consider the impact?

For me this was an arbitrary shitty patch that didn't balance shit, Henrik was so proud baout the local grey bullshit and here i am still KOS every single pet i see and no murdercounts, but the actual local grey is broken and these poor fucks don't even know it probably.

I understand Your carebear perspective but honestly you are a dumb cunt if You support this kind of development.
You are unable to understand simple facts and spent an entire post bitching at me like im the one that made the game this way for you. Carebear? I'm just not an idiot that can't use the game system to my advantage.

Please do continue to attack me when I have already stated that the current system is not something finished or desirable.

You dumb cunt.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You are unable to understand simple facts and spent an entire post bitching at me like im the one that made the game this way for you. Carebear? I'm just not an idiot that can't use the game system to my advantage.

Please do continue to attack me when I have already stated that the current system is not something finished or desirable.

You dumb cunt.
But You are a clueless cunt if You say shit like "theres ways to play without having 100mc" basically not doing PVP at all. What's the alternative with a broken ass local grey and shitty ressing mechanics, duel? LOL, guild duels? LOL, wardecs?? LOL. dude...
Then You Say this system works technically well. Gtfo noob

Reactions: 666

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
But You are a clueless cunt if You say shit like "theres ways to play without having 100mc" basically not doing PVP at all. What's the alternative with a broken ass local grey and shitty ressing mechanics, duel? LOL, guild duels? LOL, wardecs?? LOL. dude...
Then You Say this system works technically well. Gtfo noob
You not being able to control your little pvpenis is why you are suffering. That's not the systems fault nor my fault. If you were not recklessly engaging with the broken system in the first place maybe you wouldn't be in this mess? Why is it not your fault that you killed enough blues to be banned from towns? Are you really so stupid that you didn't know the rep system has been broken for months?

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You not being able to control your little pvpenis is why you are suffering. That's not the systems fault nor my fault. If you were not recklessly engaging with the broken system in the first place maybe you wouldn't be in this mess? Why is it not your fault that you killed enough blues to be banned from towns? Are you really so stupid that you didn't know the rep system has been broken for months?
And now when the MC system is broken too, all you need to do is to stop PvPing. Easy, don't PvP in a PvP game and you won't get murdercounts. If you do, it's your fault that the infinitely broken system designed by GPT-3 punishes you for it.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
And now when the MC system is broken too, all you need to do is to stop PvPing. Easy, don't PvP in a PvP game and you won't get murdercounts. If you do, it's your fault that the infinitely broken system designed by GPT-3 punishes you for it.
You know I actually should not have posted how you guys could pvp without the system making you unable to go to town. If you followed it I wouldn't have all these people attacking me in game and then I wouldn't be able to pvp.

Don't worry guys im sure if you just kill more blues you will eventually hit positive rep again and will get back into town. Swearsies.

But for real though, use this time to gear up, skill up, and knowledge up. There's no reason to go around ravenously looking for pvp since there are plenty of morons in the game that will attack you freely. If you want full on pvp all the time perhaps you should stop playing until they fix the systems that you should know by now are very broken.