Recent Combat Issues?

Zyloth

Nov 24, 2020
I'm not sure what changed, but people have been talking in game about combat recently feeling much worse the past week. I am not referring to general complaints/feedback on combat but rather on some specific issue, so please try not to bring up combat slow, parries are too easy ect.

I don't claim to know the cause but here are some things I've seen recently.

1. Double parries: you parry an enemy, get the parry sound, then half a second later get another parry sound. This can occur during your next swing. Parry-pullback(parry)-release swing

2. Parry and hit: you parry an enemy, get the parry sound, then get hit by the same strike for either full dmg or 4-8 dmg

3. Parry miss: You parry the enemy, get no parry sound (parry can occur LONG before the swing connect), and get full dmg.

4. General desynch: people are saying it feels like it did a few months back, before prediction system was sorted. This issue comprises a lot of different things that have gotten worse. Teleporting, being hit from far away, and being hit during the charge up are a few examples.

Just wondering if you guys are experiencing issues like this in the past week or so, coinciding possibly with version 1.0.0-1.0.1

I can get clips if we need but don't really want to put in that effort if we are all experiencing this.

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It is only in Bakti for me, but I experience all of these. It gets worse the longer I am online there, just tested it again because I want to fight and the people are all in Bakti. There were only around 7 people there so I know it wasn't the population causing the problem. It is something with the server or node, I guess.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
i get the same and it looks like network/server issues. some people lag and i have node line like lags on many places in sh...bakti.

Reactions: Mac and Lysandra

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I tried telling people that stuff has been desyncing super hard, and that the combat has felt WORSE. But people kept writing it off and saying it played way better, glad to see people are starting to see the game how I've been seeing it.

Reactions: Mac and Lysandra

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
I tried telling people that stuff has been desyncing super hard, and that the combat has felt WORSE. But people kept writing it off and saying it played way better, glad to see people are starting to see the game how I've been seeing it.
do not take the conversation in another direction =) we are talking about the fact that in the last few days on the server, desynchronization began to be observed again. Up to these points, the game worked stably (after the stress test, such problems were not observed)

there is also a new bug. some players do not see other players and take damage from invisible players, after re-entering the game invisible players appear

Last edited:
Reactions: Magos and Mac

Lysandra

Dec 10, 2020
I'm not sure what changed, but people have been talking in game about combat recently feeling much worse the past week. I am not referring to general complaints/feedback on combat but rather on some specific issue, so please try not to bring up combat slow, parries are too easy ect.

1. Double parries: you parry an enemy, get the parry sound, then half a second later get another parry sound. This can occur during your next swing. Parry-pullback(parry)-release swing

2. Parry and hit: you parry an enemy, get the parry sound, then get hit by the same strike for either full dmg or 4-8 dmg

3. Parry miss: You parry the enemy, get no parry sound (parry can occur LONG before the swing connect), and get full dmg.

4. General desynch: people are saying it feels like it did a few months back, before prediction system was sorted. This issue comprises a lot of different things that have gotten worse. Teleporting, being hit from far away, and being hit during the charge up are a few examples.

Just wondering if you guys are experiencing issues like this in the past week or so, coinciding possibly with version 1.0.0-1.0.1

I can get clips if we need but don't really want to put in that effort if we are all experiencing this.

I absolutely agree combat feels not right for me since the weekend when the server went down

Reactions: Mac and Svaar

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
do not take the conversation in another direction =) we are talking about the fact that in the last few days on the server, desynchronization began to be observed again. Up to these points, the game worked stably (after the stress test, such problems were not observed)

there is also a new bug. some players do not see other players and take damage from invisible players, after re-entering the game invisible players appear
It was already like this during stress test weekend, I just blamed the high number of players.

Reactions: Mac and Svaar

Mac

Dec 10, 2020

Experiencing the same issues

Reactions: Lysandra

Zyloth

Nov 24, 2020
At least it is more or less confirmed to me now that something has changed. Any step backwards in combat/stability needs to be reported quick so we can keep the pace MO2 has been on this past year.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Probably just needs a reset, The MO 1 server used to reset once a day.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020

It's been like that for me for a good while, how is that taking it in a different direction.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
It is just very weird (and the community agrees) a variety of issues are happening at a high concentration right after a 1gb stealth patch.

I've been seeing a lot of this happen during and after the stress test. Not sure what they did to optimize player characters and or the network, nodes, 'stream lines', etc. But it's a fucking miracle the game has more time now to improve. This would of been a disaster to release at the end of December.

Reactions: Mac and Eldrath

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Not only this in Bakti, where I usually play, but also when I wander across certain nodelines in the wild, I get lockups/crash to desktop. Usually I cross em with the usual momentary touch of lag, but every once in a while, it's just insta-lock. I *suspect* I'm crossing near an intersection of multiple nodes, instead of just a simple 1:1 node crossing, but not sure, but syncing is definitely in need of work.