Question

Camofloj

Aug 17, 2021
Well i have high ping and everyone i have fought ingame thinks i could be lagswitching. I have latency issues i was wondering if i could possibly be banned for mistaken lagswitching accusations. If so its cool ill play something else this is literally the only game that stutters weird that i play. I have tried exit lag that shot my ping to 400ms average. Any suggestions to possibly help with the latency?

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
General location in the world and are you on wifi or ethernet? Not really viable if you're on wifi.

Camofloj

Aug 17, 2021
I live in the central part of the United States. I was using wifi but then got ethernet cable and havnt noticed the difference between the two

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 44
D

Dracu

400 ping? Iam sorry but thats beyond what the „ping normalisation“ can handle. You will have a bad time when it comes to combat in this game. Since you tried a vpn already there is nothing else you could do. The physical limitation is there.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
its going to be a uphill experience for you, but as long as the game lets you play, you find enjoyment in it and it does not ruin other peoples experiences. They should have 0 reason to make you unable to play, be it through a lowered ping roof, packet loss limits or by "banned for mistaken lagswitching".

If it does end up being a broken experience for others playing against or with you, then I could see that they would lower the acceptable network limits. But I don't see them banning you, especially since there is no malicious intent, you just want to play. And as you said yourself, I think you've done everything you can with the connection that is available to you. The only option you have at this point is A) Fiber internet arrives to your location or B) Starlink. To improve on what you have and those are not really reasonable expectations to put on someone, both are incredibly expensive when not lucky enough that city development basically gives it to you for free.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Im getting 172-180ms ping on the west coast to 51.89.234.64, both on ethernet and wifi so.... yeah your internet is not great.

Do less lag sensitive activities like gathering and crafting and maybe try mage (Ecumenical) where precise aim isn't as important.

Camofloj

Aug 17, 2021
yea my normal ping is around 180 but i still stutter and tele around do you not? it was only close to 400 when i tried the exit lag free trial.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yea my normal ping is around 180 but i still stutter and tele around do you not? it was only close to 400 when i tried the exit lag free trial.
400 is higher then AUS players but high ping looks different then lag switch unless you are also droping packets. Could also be do to the bad server performance right now and high ping.

People do lag switch in game and the GMs so far have dont nothing about it even as they watch them teleport around. Lagswitching isnt rampant but does occur.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
I hope SV will be careful with banning players for high ping if they are not abusing it in pvp.
Players travel and want to log in from hotels using wifi or g4 phones.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I hope SV will be careful with banning players for high ping if they are not abusing it in pvp.
Players travel and want to log in from hotels using wifi or g4 phones.
I understand that especially with a international server but at times it ruins the game for everyone else when people start teleporting around. Its harder for melee to compete against someone lagging around and its impossible for archers to hit any thing thats teleporting.

Ive also fought these people on their multiple accounts. Its really annoying they just snap super fast do to lag. SV needs a automated kick for people who ping spike. Its just not a fun or fair experience for everyone else.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
I understand that especially with a international server but at times it ruins the game for everyone else when people start teleporting around. Its harder for melee to compete against someone lagging around and its impossible for archers to hit any thing thats teleporting.

Ive also fought these people on their multiple accounts. Its really annoying they just snap super fast do to lag. SV needs a automated kick for people who ping spike. Its just not a fun or fair experience for everyone else.

I don't see a problem here. ~Average MO2 player response.

That's just straight up shit.

Reactions: bbihah and Zbuciorn

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Is there technology for mobile internet connection good for playing MO2 while traveling around EU?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I don't see a problem here. ~Average MO2 player response.

That's just straight up shit.
Had GMs watch a lag switcher and they said they only say a bit of a high ping. Absolutely normal crisp movements until you fight them. They know they are lagging too so they play high speed builds and side step a lot with short bows or zig zag when they run away so it teleports them around. SV really needs to fix this.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I had a similiar problem (people stuttering and teleporting, though to others I seemed fine, so maybe isn't exactly the same problem) from central US (Kansas) even though my ping was 140. I now have exitlag and it has gone away for the most part, and my ping stays around 110. Not sure why it didn't work for you. I had 1gig fiber internet before exitlag and still had the problem, so it wasn't the speed of my local connection it was the route between me and London.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Had GMs watch a lag switcher and they said they only say a bit of a high ping. Absolutely normal crisp movements until you fight them. They know they are lagging too so they play high speed builds and side step a lot with short bows or zig zag when they run away so it teleports them around. SV really needs to fix this.
Having less tolerance towards connection drops or making anything the client reports after a disconnect-reconnect not actually register with the server would shut it down pretty quick. Question is if this would screw over people with poor connection too much rather than make lagswitches ineffective.

Its not a super simple issue, but there are reasons why this is not a thing in a lot of games. Usually if you miss a handful of packets you get disconnected, shouldn't be any different in MO2.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Having less tolerance towards connection drops or making anything the client reports after a disconnect-reconnect not actually register with the server would shut it down pretty quick. Question is if this would screw over people with poor connection too much rather than make lagswitches ineffective.

Its not a super simple issue, but there are reasons why this is not a thing in a lot of games. Usually if you miss a handful of packets you get disconnected, shouldn't be any different in MO2.
People dont have that poor of a connection. Even the AUS players I play with dont have constant teleporting. Even with copper wiring in AUS you would only slightly teleport a couple of feet and that almost never occurs.

Its pretty simple you only stop the less then a tenth of a percent of players that constantly teleport so people can actually play the game. If people are dropping packets they shouldnt be playing because it ruins the game for other people.

Reactions: bbihah