PVE Content - Caves, lost places and their rumors

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020
Ideas of how to make the world lively and exciting for explorers

Introduce small caves and other dungeon-like places and make a lot of them. Myrland is big in size but not so big in terms of delivering special places to discover. Its pretty empty! Its not meant to implement those places all at once, just add a new one from time to time. Also don't tell us via patchnotes when you put one in game, let us find out at our own! Its more for the sharp-eared / sharp-eyed adventurer.

In general, those places should not be easy to find and reach. Caves etc. are smaller and less complex as dungeons but might be quite challenging! Who knows whats lurking down there? Bring a torch and watch your steps!

NPCs in cities and all over the world of Nave may have a clue for you, where you should start your search (not real quests, no diary entries, no dialog tree, no bullshit, just small hints. Keep it simple and sometimes cryptic!)

"Some time ago, in the midst of the night, I perceived peculiar noises while having breadtime at my favorite place at lake sausage. My nosiness led me to the entrance of a dark cave, well hidden behind some bushes and trees, at a mountain ridge somewhere northeast from the lake. But thats just way too much for an old guy like me! I won't dare going in there and maybe you shouldn't wander there either, adventurer. That smell of putrefaction... Its still in my nose!"
"During my last visit to the world famous Fabernum sausage market, something very creepy happened. It seems the well at the marketplace has eyes. Yes! You don't believe me? Anyway, you won't see me there again any soon! "

...or something like that, just examples.

You will be rewarded with chests containing rare resources, coins, sometimes a good weapon or a good piece of armor, rings, amulets, special books of wisdom etc. Maybe decorations for your house? The gear found there should be special in design and just because of that worth seeking for (it must not be more powerful than other good gear) AND this special gear cannot be crafted. By the way: Is this a NOGO? : )
Compromise: Maybe there is a special skill to learn which makes you capable of analysing complex gear so you can unlock this special gear to be crafted! (But you will need special resources to do so, the skill is not easy to learn and master either, what makes this specialities expensive on the market) Not everyone should wear them!

Sorry for my clumsy english, its not my mothers tongue!

What do you think? Any more ideas for PVE content? Any more ideas of how to make exploring exciting?

Facebook_Noti_1200x627.jpg

Last edited:

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
This is almost exactly how exploration works in MO1 so this should be in MO2 for sure, have not really seen any caves yet in MO2 but Henrik says there will be a lot and similar exploration style to MO1 so hopefully exploration will be like this again in MO2 but even better.

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Let other systems come into play for exploration. They had the glass furnace in Sarducca where you had to manage heat and either bring a healer or health potions to survive long enough to get the good loot so why not implement more things of that nature.

Alchemy: A potion that shrinks you down to the size of an ant is discovered. This leads you to taking note of small spaces and gaps in the world when eventually you stumble upon an entire village inside of a tree or mushroom. Perhaps in a dungeon you notice a crack in a wall and when you shrink down find out it leads to another part of the dungeon no one has ever been to before! Maybe there are tables and books that are too high for you to reach which leads you to the conclusion that there must be another potion that will grow your size to be able to interact with those things. Could be access to magic spells, crafting recipes, or more potion recipes/hints!

Spiritism: Maybe there is more to the ether world than we've originally thought but it can only be seen from those with 80+ skill in Transcendental Awareness. 90+ in the skill could let you see certain areas with a higher spiritual energy and 100 skill could let you manifest yourself in those spots. Basically pre-set lcoations around the map that act like Ether Portal so you'll have the added benefit of keeping all of your spirit boxes full. When you have the sight maybe it'll give you some more clues as to what is going on in the living world like you might be able to scout out certain creatures while you're dead or find the loot table corpses like the fallen adventurer and just plain corpse which could have random spawn locations.

Survival: I heard they were messing with the idea of having creature AI be something that moves around the land on their own and it could be possible to over hunt them driving them to extinction. The basic skill of Survival in MO1 said it was about knowledge about the wilderness so if you're skilled at that maybe they can give clues to a player who mastered it to see animal tracks or get an idea for what direction they were headed or how long ago it's been since they've been in the area.

Reactions: NINEN and Valoran

Rhias

May 28, 2020
So far we got no NPC librarian. Wouldn't it be fun to make books lootable in those mini-dungeons and create a player market for them?

Reactions: Treibholz and NINEN

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
I heard in MO1 there were hidden unarmed skills that weren't even listed in the skill list but could be unlocked somehow. I would love to hear about a player that got uppercut by a minotaur which by experiencing it for himself unlocks that power within him and now he can go around uppercutting people and anyone he uppercuts also learns the skill :LOL: So he sets up an uppercutting booth charging 50g per uppercut

Reactions: NINEN

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Fun yes, but a bit weird from a lore point of view. Are you suggesting there was a major heist where all books in Myrland were stolen and stored in caves?
Wasn't there the conlux? :D

Reactions: NINEN

NINEN

Dec 20, 2020
Let other systems come into play for exploration. They had the glass furnace in Sarducca where you had to manage heat and either bring a healer or health potions to survive long enough to get the good loot so why not implement more things of that nature.

Alchemy: A potion that shrinks you down to the size of an ant is discovered. This leads you to taking note of small spaces and gaps in the world when eventually you stumble upon an entire village inside of a tree or mushroom. Perhaps in a dungeon you notice a crack in a wall and when you shrink down find out it leads to another part of the dungeon no one has ever been to before! Maybe there are tables and books that are too high for you to reach which leads you to the conclusion that there must be another potion that will grow your size to be able to interact with those things. Could be access to magic spells, crafting recipes, or more potion recipes/hints!

Obviously, being an Alchemist myself I think it would be great to add some hidden items for us. Off the top of my head here is an idea or two for hidden Alchemy treasures.

1. A secret Herbologium that greatly increases yields!
2. Make the Herbologium at the bottom of a cave in a remote part of the Jungle, and fill the cave with nothing but mobs that are real tough.
3. Place an NPC in the world that will sell an Alchemy recipe!

We Alchemists are an adventuring lot!