Putzins Zeal and Godkin's Zeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
I just think the phrasing you used was hilarious and I think it's strange you don't see how it makes you come across. His insults are pretty silly and direct but they're not lacking self-awareness to an autistic degree. Even when you're explaining how understandable you think you are you're still coming across as incredibly arrogant and haughty.

He lives rent free in your head, honestly. That's what I see. I don't see some "intellectual middleweight" or whatever you think you are. I just see a guy playing too hard at taking the high ground and making himself look stupid in the process.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I just think the phrasing you used was hilarious and I think it's strange you don't see how it makes you come across. His insults are pretty silly and direct but they're not lacking self-awareness to an autistic degree. Even when you're explaining how understandable you think you are you're still coming across as incredibly arrogant and haughty.

He lives rent free in your head, honestly. That's what I see. I don't see some "intellectual middleweight" or whatever you think you are. I just see a guy playing too hard at taking the high ground and making himself look stupid in the process.

Oh no. I totally get that I come across as arrogant and looking down on HYM and those who would crowd around and defend him. That is the intended tone. But HYM is basically a loudmouth who runs around the forums flaunting his inability to grasp basic concepts to anyone and everyone. I believe the cultural taboo of never pointing out a disparity in intelligence is pretty silly sometimes. Like when it comes to people who butt conversation presuming to have important things to say and insulting everyone else who was having an adult conversation before their arrival. When nearly everyone else is operating at a much higher level and they are, and they rarely say anything of value.

At a certain point you have to call things what they are. Even if it comes across as arrogant to that person and the culture of anti-intellectuals they've built up around themselves. I'm not attempting to convince you I'm humble or a likable person. The people whose opinions I care about don't generally require much persuasion on the latter point.

Last edited:

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
the fact you believe i can't grasp basic concepts about a game i've played for an ungodly amount of time baffles me.

i will openly say i, among many others, spent a stupid amount of time on mo1. giving me the ability to understand things more so then others.

also you're banned from the monkey bars, not because i wont stop you but your arms are too small and weak to use them.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
the fact you believe i can't grasp basic concepts about a game i've played for an ungodly amount of time baffles me.

i will openly say i, among many others, spent a stupid amount of time on mo1. giving me the ability to understand things more so then others.

Interesting. Because your perception of MO1 hardly seems unanimous among vets that I've talked to. And a lot of the points you make have nothing to do with MO1 experience. I think most of it comes down to presuming your personal preferences are inherently more important than everyone else's and then pretending you prefer what you prefer because you have some deeper level of understanding of the game and not because you have a subjective opinion just like everyone else.

And that has nothing to do with you butting into a topic like this and being like the 1 person to not understand that I didn't care if my offer was accepted or rejected.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Interesting. Because your perception of MO1 hardly seems unanimous among vets that I've talked to. And a lot of the points you make have nothing to do with MO1 experience. I think most of it comes down to presuming your personal preferences are inherently more important than everyone else's and then pretending you prefer what you prefer because you have some deeper level of understanding of the game and not because you have a subjective opinion just like everyone else.

And that has nothing to do with you butting into a topic like this and being like the 1 person to understand that I didn't care if my offer was accepted or rejected.

public forums, butting into a topic.

played the game much longer than most, my points have nothing to do with mo1 experience

personal preference, even though ive said many-a times i want a balanced, fun game that rewards skill and allows player growth with time investment

again, just like the mo1 forums and now the mo2 forums, they are mostly harbored by players who never wanted the typical pvp player to have more power through skill but rather wanted mechanics and balance which benefitted less skillful methods of killing / playing the game so that they could have an edge.

tc, pets, guard placements, busted mounteds, specific magic schools or in some cases specific spells (spiritism used to build god awful tc, necromancy making dk's which at one point would range-weakspot for 70+).

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
See. Because when I talk to veteran mages they talk about the level of research and knowledge that goes into playing a mage well. I think they specifically mentioned spiritism as being a school that people don't understand everything that goes into really playing that well and it actually takes a huge amount of detailed knowledge to play it to its full potential.

But then your perspective is what I would expect from you. It's completely dismissive of every form of skill that isn't your own preferred type of reflex speed tests. Precisely the type of thing that causes me to think you've built up a culture of anti-intellectualism around yourself.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
See. Because when I talk to veteran mages they talk about the level of research and knowledge that goes into playing a mage well. I think they specifically mentioned spiritism as being a school that people don't understand everything that goes into really playing that well and it actually takes a huge amount of detailed knowledge to play it to its full potential.

But then your perspective is what I would expect from you.

name them.

also, if you mean going into dungeons and putting pets on mobs to get spells and seal keys, as a bunch of this 'coveted' knowledge then you dont know what you're on about. you even admit here this isn't from you, but from others.

the difference between me and you is i played the game, and experienced it myself. you take it from someone else without knowing what is and isn't and simply put stock into it because "im veteran mage".

any mage main i've played with figured out all schools of magic relatively quickly with no issue, from amazing players who were super skillful in pvp all the way to your farmer-like players who enjoyed pve.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
They can name themselves if they like to. I'm not going to put people on the spot just because you don't trust my sources. I stated my point and I don't really care if you respect it or not because I have no respect for you.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
They can name themselves if they like to. I'm not going to put people on the spot just because you don't trust my sources. I stated my point and I don't really care if you respect it or not because I have no respect for you.

sounds like you are admitting being willingly ignorant, thas' a no in my book.

i get you're in zeal and i make you guys look silly and stupid, but you really shouldn't be so quick to close out my experiences just because you don't respect me.

respect and or liking someone, doesn't make what they do or say right or wrong; depending on your feelings of them.

sources are important because a lot of people think they knew all, and were all, when they really were not. you might flip this exact line and say i knew all and think i was all, but the funny thing is i know i wasnt the best in certain things i did, but i certainly was up there and had the mindset to always improve and adapt along with my group.

your zeal is stinky and will likely implode if they keep up the mass recruiting antics, also make sure to let me know where you guys plan on playing out of or at least roughly where. i'd appreciate it.

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020

But then your perspective is what I would expect from you. It's completely dismissive of every form of skill that isn't your own preferred type of reflex speed tests. Precisely the type of thing that causes me to think you've built up a culture of anti-intellectualism around yourself.

I have no idea which veteran mages you've talked to but the level of research and knowledge that goes into playing a mage decently is maybe knowing where to get books. Playing spiritism to it's full potential is pretty simple if you can shoot someone with Mental Projectile. Pretty much just requires some aim, not even much.

Also I doubt anyone really plays either iteration of Mortal for "reflex speed tests". Both games are slow.

Interesting that you keep bringing up a culture of anti-intellectualism but so far all I've really seen from you is an unwillingness or inability to argue any points directly. You pretty much just throw jabs and insults at him under some thin veil of superiority. You even admit your arrogant. All this talk of intelligence and your entire argument against him seems predicated on a fallacy.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I have no idea which veteran mages you've talked to but the level of research and knowledge that goes into playing a mage decently is maybe knowing where to get books. Playing spiritism to it's full potential is pretty simple if you can shoot someone with Mental Projectile. Pretty much just requires some aim, not even much.

Also I doubt anyone really plays either iteration of Mortal for "reflex speed tests". Both games are slow.

Interesting that you keep bringing up a culture of anti-intellectualism but so far all I've really seen from you is an unwillingness or inability to argue any points directly. You pretty much just throw jabs and insults at him under some thin veil of superiority. You even admit your arrogant. All this talk of intelligence and your entire argument against him seems predicated on a fallacy.
take this thread as an example of such.

a guild with no history in mo1 basically 'reaching out' to give a guild that existed prior to them with the same tag and name and willing to 'come to terms' and allow them to take their OWN GUILD NAME AND TAG BACK if they admit some made up petty shit that didn't even originally come from godkins guild.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Interesting that you keep bringing up a culture of anti-intellectualism but so far all I've really seen from you is an unwillingness or inability to argue any points directly.

Lay out the points you feel I haven't addressed and I'll address them one by one.

If the point is I won't name my source. It's because this conversation has devolved as most conversations where HYM is present do, and I've found people rarely appreciate being namedropped in the middle of a pissing match.

Last edited:

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Lay out the points you feel I haven't addressed and I'll address them one by one.

If the point is I won't name my source. It's because this conversation has devolved and I've found people rarely appreciate being namedropped in the middle of a pissing match.

the fact your information is by word of mouth from others claimed 'vets' that you wont even say whom says more then enough in how your information is found and the reason its presented the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.