Priest camping to e.z

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
This is a territorial control game not an arena combat sim. If you are trying to live out of a town controlled by hostile players it should be damn near impossible. If anything they should make the system even harsher so that you have longer timers if you try to respawn at priests in the same town too many times too fast.

You freaking lost. Why would the game reward losers with the ability to harass winners in a town they are attempting to control?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
This is a territorial control game not an arena combat sim. If you are trying to live out of a town controlled by hostile players it should be damn near impossible. If anything they should make the system even harsher so that you have longer timers if you try to respawn at priests in the same town too many times too fast.

You freaking lost. Why would the game reward losers with the ability to harass winners in a town they are attempting to control?

The Prists should be outside of Kranesh. Why rewarding the Defenders, if one of them die, can ress while the rest of the group is still fighting and regear fast, by grabbing some regs from the bank, which is right next to the bank in some towns such as Kranesh or Gk.

We don´t have stats loss anymore, and that´s why the prist locations have to be adjusted.

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
The Prists should be outside of Kranesh. Why rewarding the Defenders, if one of them die, can ress while the rest of the group is still fighting and regear fast, by grabbing some regs from the bank, which is right next to the bank in some towns such as Kranesh or Gk.

We don´t have stats loss anymore, and that´s why the prist locations have to be adjusted.
you dont know what youre talking about and no one should ever listen to you

Reactions: SOAKED and cerqo

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Funny. Who gets to decide who is defending? All red chars have to live out of two towns.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I don´t think you should stand a chance reviving at a priest with hostile players wanting to prevent you from doing so. Without walls and automated defenses this is the only effective way to control a territory by force.

Whoever denies the necessity of priest camping has never been targeted by a number of naked mages with a handful of reagents or similar guerilla tactics. Statloss would not solve this, since most people are not stupid enough to revive as a red when facing priest camping. So it´s blues all the way. Which also means that anyone holding down a certain location will gather MCs and take a reputation loss.

Personally I think this is unnecessary if the priest killing happens in the wild, but I guess SV wants to keep the "big brother" flagging to deter player justice. Which leads to interesting situations where I kill someone repeatedly at jungle camp after he has murdered multiple random horses and I take the punishment for protecting the innocent animals. It just shows how any flagging system rewards low level trolling and punishes player derived justice.

The number of priests (especially red ones and alternatives within cities) is a problem. SV seems to slowly address this though by adding red priest to most NPC settlements.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021

Winning should be done by skill not by some bullshit mechanic freezing you in place, but ok.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
I don´t think you should stand a chance reviving at a priest with hostile players wanting to prevent you from doing so. Without walls and automated defenses this is the only effective way to control a territory by force.

Whoever denies the necessity of priest camping has never been targeted by a number of naked mages with a handful of reagents or similar guerilla tactics. Statloss would not solve this, since most people are not stupid enough to revive as a red when facing priest camping. So it´s blues all the way. Which also means that anyone holding down a certain location will gather MCs and take a reputation loss.

Personally I think this is unnecessary if the priest killing happens in the wild, but I guess SV wants to keep the "big brother" flagging to deter player justice. Which leads to interesting situations where I kill someone repeatedly at jungle camp after he has murdered multiple random horses and I take the punishment for protecting the innocent animals. It just shows how any flagging system rewards low level trolling and punishes player derived justice.

The number of priests (especially red ones and alternatives within cities) is a problem. SV seems to slowly address this though by adding red priest to most NPC settlements.
If it doesnt get changed people gonna camp every single priest at release and we gonna have so many people leave its ridiculous. Dont know about u but if u want to kill someone ull have to chase him, not some bullshit freeze in place mech..

SOAKED

Apr 7, 2021
the issue as other people have said is spawning at full hp with a shortsword that can do decent damage makes it way too easy to grief.......

priest camping is part of the game, otherwise how will you take control of a red town when a couple nakeds with nothing to lose can stop you from using the towns utilities to craft gear or extract materials?

i think it's fine as is, if anything you should not resurrect at full hp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldrath

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
For sure you should not resurrect at full health. Everyone should be grey while outside of npc guarded towns as well. We need a lot more priests scattered around the world, too .

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Winning should be done by skill not by some bullshit mechanic freezing you in place, but ok.

I don't think you understand. How does one end up being priest-camped?

1. If you are at a priest, you already died. That's the point of priests.
2. If the priest is being camped, some group or player hostile to you has enough control of the town to post someone at the respawn point and focus on people spawning in rather than any other threats in the area.

If you are being priest camped you ALREADY lost and your opponents won the area. Not only that, but they've made it clear they want you out of the area as if they wanted further fights they wouldn't be priest camping.

Shut up about your skill because you've already proven your opponent is superior. Accept your loss like a man. Regroup somewhere else.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
We need a lot more priests scattered around the world, too.

This I can actually agree with. We're working with the same number of towns on a map six times the size. Should be a few more "Wilderness bank" type areas with a bank, a priest or two, and your basic vendors (reagents, arrows, etc.) for reds to reset to. Not ways for them to fight over towns they have already lost the fight for.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
I think they will definitaly add more red priests. right now I think CC priest and mino priest are either not in or not set to ress reds (too far away to go and check, cba :D)

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
There was one at C.C. before the stress test, at least. Not sure if it still is.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Move to a different priest or wait for them to go away, that's what I do. It sucks but if you keep rezzing on the same priest you're daring them to attack you.
This isn't really an option in GK atm. I definitely agree there should be more red priests. especially in lawless towns.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
This isn't really an option in GK atm. I definitely agree there should be more red priests. especially in lawless towns.
More red priests outside in the world is more what I meant. Lawless towns only having 1 priest makes sense. They have no guards, they should be somewhat difficult to attack and take over while at the same time if you lose the fight for control that should be GG.

Reactions: SOAKED