Prevent people from opening their house doors during PvP

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Simple, just add a small cooldown on opening a house door after being hit. I think i don't have to explain why it's needed. No more easy uncontested farm spots, no more chicken tactics.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Simple, just add a small cooldown on opening a house door after being hit. I think i don't have to explain why it's needed. No more easy uncontested farm spots, no more chicken tactics.
How about u get good and kill them before they open the door? Just a thought.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
No because then you'd just get people camping outside of house doors
I can do that right now. Of course, you can try to exit the house and pvp and if things go wrong just jump back to safety. But i don't think we want that kind of pvp, and that's the reason for why we have 2 minutes logoff timer outside safezones. You go out, you commit to kill or be killed, that's how it should be.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
How about u get good and kill them before they open the door? Just a thought.
Well maybe i don't have enough dps for that? Hiding in a house when a scrimish goes wrong is a cheap tactics, there's no reason it should remain unaddressed. Especially since we don't have siege equipment yet.

I mean, why do we need 120 seconds logoff timer anyway, just gid gud and kill them before they log off right?

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Well maybe i don't have enough dps for that? Hiding in a house when a scrimish goes wrong is a cheap tactics, there's no reason it should remain unaddressed. Especially since we don't have siege equipment yet.

I mean, why do we need 120 seconds logoff timer anyway, just gid gud and kill them before they log off right?
Then pick your fights wisely, it's nobody but your fault to engage a fight right next to someone's house.
120sec is wilderness log off which is fine, houses take 10sec. It may be cheap tactic but is a strategic move i don't see anything wrong with it, like at all.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Then pick your fights wisely, it's nobody but your fault to engage a fight right next to someone's house.
120sec is wilderness log off which is fine, houses take 10sec. It may be cheap tactic but is a strategic move i don't see anything wrong with it, like at all.
People place houses near farming spots, aka PvP hotspots. Find a good spot and i guarantee some big brain already have a house there. There's nothing wrong with it, i'd do it too, but there's currently no way to get them the **** out of there, at the very least i should be able to kill the guy without him running back to mommy every time. I don't think it was ever intended that houses will be used like that.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
People place houses near farming spots, aka PvP hotspots. Find a good spot and i guarantee some big brain already have a house there. There's nothing wrong with it, i'd do it too, but there's currently no way to get them the **** out of there, at the very least i should be able to kill the guy without him running back to mommy every time. I don't think it was ever intended that houses will be used like that.
i think thats the precise reason why houses are ingame.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
i think thats the precise reason why houses are ingame.
Well we clearly have a difference of opinion here.

I remember people building houses near Fabernum road and ganking people moving in and out of the town while running back to houses whenever it didn't go their way. Basically risk-free ganks. So what exactly does this "strategic move" add to the game again?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Well we clearly have a difference of opinion here.

I remember people building houses near Fabernum road and ganking people moving in and out of the town while running back to houses whenever it didn't go their way. Basically risk-free ganks. So what exactly does this "strategic move" add to the game again?

Theres merit in using the resourses wisely, those players realized that strategy would work for them and they invested time into it. As planning a way to break their strategy would have an even higher merit.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Albanjo are you really advocating FOR mo 2’s version of gatefighting? I thought we all already agreed gate fighting is for keeps only

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Theres merit in using the resourses wisely, those players realized that strategy would work for them and they invested time into it. As planning a way to break their strategy would have an even higher merit.
I think being able to hoard your loot a few meters away from where you farm it is enough. It's a house not a castle.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Albanjo are you really advocating FOR mo 2’s version of gatefighting? I thought we all already agreed gate fighting is for keeps only

Lol pick your fights wisely then, don't fight next to someone's house and i don't see why keeps should be the only territory control asset for players, considering theres only so many keeps and many more groups and players than that.

I think being able to hoard your loot a few meters away from where you farm it is enough. It's a house not a castle.

is hording stuff in a house so terrible? eventually people will come out and want to transport stuff the sole idea of ganking people transporting shit from a house to a city brings me joy.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I don't see how hording stuff in a house is terrible, eventually people will come out and want to transport stuff the sole idea of ganking people transporting shit from a house to a city brings me joy.
It's not terrible and is actually a smart strategy and all that. Almost risk-free PvP in a full loot PvP game is what is terrible.
And you can pick a time when you want to transport your stuff, send scouts in advance and all that. It's not that much of a risk.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It's not terrible and is actually a smart strategy and all that. Almost risk-free PvP in a full loot PvP game is what is terrible.
And you can pick a time when you want to transport your stuff, send scouts in advance and all that. It's not that much of a risk.

Only if you fight next to their house and can't get a kill before they get in. I can't tell the number of times i got inside houses with friends and we wiped like a lot of people. In batki many groups used houses some more efficiently than others but the fights generally happened at a good distance from the houses, sometimes successfull chasing or runaways. It's all about positioning, measuring distances and strategy.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Only if you fight next to their house and can't get a kill before they get in. I can't tell the number of times i got inside houses with friends and we wiped like a lot of people. In batki many groups used houses some more efficiently than others but the fights generally happened at a good distance from the houses, sometimes successfull chasing or runaways. It's all about positioning, measuring distances and strategy.
Sorry but again if i'm ganked on my way to Fabernum i don't really choose a place to fight. If sieges were in game that wouldn't be that big of a problem, but we don't have those yet. You cannot deny that this is too cheap and has no place in a full loot PvP game.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Pick your fights wisely makes no sense in the context of free placement housing. At least keeps has fixed locations.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Sorry but again if i'm ganked on my way to Fabernum i don't really choose a place to fight. If sieges were in game that wouldn't be that big of a problem, but we don't have those yet. You cannot deny that this is too cheap and has no place in a full loot PvP game.

Theres ways to minimize risks while travelling, one of those ways is to avoid conventional travelling areas. One learns from mistakes, if you get ganked in one particular place then might wanna change the route or maybe find a group to survive such trip.
And idk what this has to do with getting ganked on a road and chasing someone to their house, different things.

Pick your fights wisely makes no sense in the context of free placement housing. At least keeps has fixed locations.

Knowing the world is an asset, allways been. Having the ability to aknowledge which place might be populated or dangerous allways been a key part of the understanding of the world. I don't see how is this so terrible, like at all.

Like for example in MO1 if someone chose to go near herj keep it would probably end up dead since we did keep an eye out for lost travellers, same thing.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Theres ways to minimize risks while travelling, one of those ways is to avoid conventional travelling areas. One learns from mistakes, if you get ganked in one particular place then might wanna change the route or maybe find a group to survive such trip.
Look. I don't mind being ganked at all. But if i best the gankers i should be able to punish them no? If they can just run a few meters and hide in their houses how good it is for a PvP game? People used to place houses right by the road to fabernum, not far from a red priest, and gank travellers with very little risk.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Look. I don't mind being ganked at all. But if i best the gankers i should be able to punish them no? If they can just run a few meters and hide in their houses how good it is for a PvP game? People used to place houses right by the road to fabernum, not far from a red priest, and gank travellers with very little risk.
But you can minimize that risk by going further away, its like those afk miners that complain when their horses get killed and they are mining right next to a road. It shouldn't take long to realize roads are not safe, they are just spatial references.