Poll - Parry Speed After Swing

Option 1 is current parry speed. Option 2 is suggested parry speed. Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I'm not a vet but I'll ask this. Why is attack and block queueing so bad? All the other similar games have it and it just makes the combat feel more fluid and responsive in my opinion, if I'm pressing left click my guy should get ready to swing.. not just stare because i misstimed it by .1 secs. Is the skill in knowing the right timing of when to press left click really that rewarding? It just feels more like clunkiness rather than an actual mechanic.

Here's your counter argument "Oh yeah it makes it so you have to practise your new weapon for a longer time to get used to the new timings" I understand but how valuable is that vs the combat not being clunky as hell for most people. And sure it makes it "less skilled" by a small margin (its not that hard to train your timing) but I think skill in combat shouldn't come through overcoming clunky gameplay mechanics.

I voted number 2 though but that has nothing to do with queueing
Its causing simultaneous attack and defence, but without any of the cool fight scenes from ipman. Its also allowing for your swing to be half charged while still mid swing.

• Wow
Reactions: PatWins and Rolufe

Buffallo

Aug 3, 2020
Dracs right. A friend did a video comparison from mo1 and it is like 1. Agree with perro that there is a way to make openings and think it was a limit set to the parry motion input and seperate from the strike or swing motion.

Reactions: Dracu and Teknique

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I'm not a vet but I'll ask this. Why is attack and block queueing so bad? All the other similar games have it and it just makes the combat feel more fluid and responsive in my opinion, if I'm pressing left click my guy should get ready to swing.. not just stare because i misstimed it by .1 secs. Is the skill in knowing the right timing of when to press left click really that rewarding? It just feels more like clunkiness rather than an actual mechanic.

Here's your counter argument "Oh yeah it makes it so you have to practise your new weapon for a longer time to get used to the new timings" I understand but how valuable is that vs the combat not being clunky as hell for most people. And sure it makes it "less skilled" by a small margin (its not that hard to train your timing) but I think skill in combat shouldn't come through overcoming clunky gameplay mechanics.

I voted number 2 though but that has nothing to do with queueing
Yeah I guess mordhau is clunky as well because it wont combo attacks for you...

bubbles

Jul 1, 2020
Yeah I guess mordhau is clunky as well because it wont combo attacks for you...
Pretty sure it does though lol
Its causing simultaneous attack and defence, but without any of the cool fight scenes from ipman. Its also allowing for your swing to be half charged while still mid swing.

That's not a problem with queueing itself though is it? It's a problem with the game letting you cancel animations earlier with inputs.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Pretty sure it does though lol

That's not a problem with queueing itself though is it? It's a problem with the game letting you cancel animations earlier with inputs.
If they do do queuing it should be slower than timing it manually anyway. Queuing promotes spam

Rulant

May 30, 2020
If it doesn't effect going from charged unreleased into block then I fully support this.
I support 2 but voted 3 just cause if there's gonna be changes there could very well be better options.

Eldrath don't be snarky, I'm assuming I'm part of that crowd.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
If they do do queuing it should be slower than timing it manually anyway. Queuing promotes spam
I'm glad you said this. I think it would be a great idea to make the que system optional. It could be the default setting for new players but using manual inputs would be faster if done correctly to reward skill.