Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Worse than the current system

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
This has been discussed frequently and most agree that the current way of leveling skills is suboptimal for various reasons. Simply having a higher skill gain in Haven is a band aid and should be abandoned for a long term fix.

I propose that experience gain in a given combat skill is increase by the amount of damage you inflict.

Hitting a another player that parries (common macro practise) = 1 exp
Hitting a bandit for 30 damage = 30 exp

This would make leveling your combat skills by PvE/PvP reasonable.

It should be straight forward to implement for the developers, because all the numbers already are checked by the server.

Ideally this would be transfered to other skills (magic, crafting, movement) but this poll is just about combat skills.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I would like this so long as low dmg stays where it’s at now

And high damage levels you faster.

If instead they made low dmg super grindy and high dmg basically the same as it is now then I’d be putting :worstdev:’s in chat

Reactions: KermyWormy

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I would like this so long as low dmg stays where it’s at now

And high damage levels you faster.

If instead they made low dmg super grindy and high dmg basically the same as it is now then I’d be putting :worstdev:’s in chat
This is my preference at the moment, keep low dmg the baseline as is and scale up from there with increased gains according to increased damage. And go ahead and do the same with mental offense and mental focus or whatever.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
This would improve skill/attribute leveling and further incentivize active play. Honestly it should have always been this way IMO.

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
More paths = good. Friends could still beat the crap out of each other to train faster if they want to use bandages, consume more food and heal themselves with magic - at least theres a cost/benefit to the fast road to exp this way without outright removing old ways of skilling up