Pets are useless.

Luckycharms

Feb 18, 2022
There is no point in taming when all my pets refuse to get in range of a enemy to even attack them. I am so sick of watching my pets just stand there and do nothing. It's completely driving me away from this game. Why even let me tame fighting pets if their pathing or whatever is so broken that they are useless.

At this stage the only thing worth taming is horses all other pets seem useless for pve or pvp.

Why even release this game if its still so broken/buggy? I've seen EA titles that at least have their core gameplay elements working before releasing as EA, yet here it seems to work the other way around. I'm honestly expecting an announcement on steam that MO2 has switched from full release back to EA.

Reactions: Raziel

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Just play MA only viable build in the game, all you need is a shitty bow made of spongewood an a horse an you can beat anything an everything in the game. The edgelords will say it not OP, but how is hitting for 60s not OP when you can also just run circles around what your killing.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I'm a mage and I basically need a bear to kill mobs. Having a high level brown or black bear lets you fairly easily kill bandits and what no on your own. So there are really helpful and I wouldn't say they are useless but yeah I've also died to pets not attacking and it blows. Game is full of dumb bugs and mechanics that make it hard to love but you just have to take a breath and roll with it I guess

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Just play MA only viable build in the game, all you need is a shitty bow made of spongewood an a horse an you can beat anything an everything in the game. The edgelords will say it not OP, but how is hitting for 60s not OP when you can also just run circles around what your killing.
You do know that 90% of the ACTUAL content in the game is locked behind dungeons which you can't ride your horse it (you can but at 1 speed). MAs are not even OP when you can pull out a longbow and blow their horse up in 2-3 hits.

If you're a mage solo yeah you're kinda screwed. But archers have always been the bane to mages.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
You do know that 90% of the ACTUAL content in the game is locked behind dungeons which you can't ride your horse it
Lol 90% of the game is locked behind 5 dungeons that don't even make up 1% of the entire map. That a good one.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Lol 90% of the game is locked behind 5 dungeons that don't even make up 1% of the entire map. That a good one.
Do you consider the 100 bush pigs, razorbacks ect. As the main content to be experienced?

Either way, on foot with a longbow you can take peoples horses out in no time. Are you a mage main?

D

Deleted member 44

Taming is only one aspect of MO2. Why would you stop playing over a single thing not working perfectly? It's weird to me how many people like you we have in the community that want to play Pokemon online.

Reactions: Sgr

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You can solo bandits pretty easily as a mage. Risars are not hard but its tedious and a lot slower then melee. But what gear do you really need as a mage that you really need to farm long term.

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
Pets are going to remain fairly useless until breeding / pet armor / mountable combat pets are introduced.

Main issue is game world is so big not having a horse is liability. Even with herding seems you cannot have a great pet and a mount. Once you can ride bears and whatnot getting around and dismounting to fight will be realistic. Lykiators were decent at this in the first game if I recall.

Pets are too squishy. Whether combat or mounts they die in a few long bow shots generally and only high end 125 Pets have enough hp pool to not worry about dieing super fast. Once pet armor is introduced they need to revisit hp pools of all pets in a balance pass.

Pets take too long to tame, level up and replace. I'm hoping breeding will let you make some more pets out of a pair. Right now if your pet dies you have to spend a good half hour running to a spawn taming it bringing it back to stable and then level it up which takes forever. Pets are also location bound. If you live in meduli are you gonna run to jungle and tame one terror bird? No your gonna tame the closest spawn like a taur dog because no way to transport or breed pets elsewhere.

At any time a ma can just LuL 3 shot it and waste hours of your time.

Really tbh the whole taming profession is unfinished and there's too many missing skills and features to really make an accurate judgment on how strong it will eventually be but right now it's pretty weak looking at the big picture.

Reactions: Contorto

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Pets are going to remain fairly useless until breeding / pet armor / mountable combat pets are introduced.

Main issue is game world is so big not having a horse is liability. Even with herding seems you cannot have a great pet and a mount. Once you can ride bears and whatnot getting around and dismounting to fight will be realistic. Lykiators were decent at this in the first game if I recall.

Pets are too squishy. Whether combat or mounts they die in a few long bow shots generally and only high end 125 Pets have enough hp pool to not worry about dieing super fast. Once pet armor is introduced they need to revisit hp pools of all pets in a balance pass.

Pets take too long to tame, level up and replace. I'm hoping breeding will let you make some more pets out of a pair. Right now if your pet dies you have to spend a good half hour running to a spawn taming it bringing it back to stable and then level it up which takes forever. Pets are also location bound. If you live in meduli are you gonna run to jungle and tame one terror bird? No your gonna tame the closest spawn like a taur dog because no way to transport or breed pets elsewhere.

At any time a ma can just LuL 3 shot it and waste hours of your time.

Really tbh the whole taming profession is unfinished and there's too many missing skills and features to really make an accurate judgment on how strong it will eventually be but right now it's pretty weak looking at the big picture.
This why I say taming is useless your better off specing the points from taming into the current meta mounted archery or it less OP relative mounted magery. Like ya having a white bear is cool for show, but you know bring it out of town is useless, you won't have anything to use it on, an your basically painting a target on your back for some MA to ride up an kill it because they can an you can't do anything to stop them.

Extremely unrewarding, unenjoyable, poorly balanced profession the only purpose to be a max lvl tamer is to mass tame 4 horses at one time so you can sell them to other players nothing else. But hey that the benefit to having the game not punish people who only murder horse, tamers can easily make 100g an hour just taming and selling horse to people zero risk maximum reward doing it.

D

Deleted member 44

You are doing it wrong then, mages can solo risars and bandits without pet.
This is not a solo game and mages are group focused
You can easily kill Risars even as a mage with melee or magic.