Pet rework

Craxxers

Dec 1, 2023
I have always hated the idea of pets leveling. One of the things that attracted me to MO2 (and initially Ultima Online) was a skill based character. I believe this should be extended to pets. Pets could then be tamed with average skills that are decent but could then be min/maxed.

Want a better mount for traveling? Increase skills associated like endurance or sprinting and a complimentary skill to riding. Want a combat pet? Increase armor wearing skills and melee skills. Eventually this could extend to magical creatures being able to unlock skills.

It would also work well with breeding as a breeder could breed pets with a starting skillset that doesn't need to be trained. But it's not overpowered since a tamed pet could get training if so desired.

Obviously this is just an idea but I think has some interesting opportunities and helps alleviate the dull leveling system currently in place. Yes an argument could be made that this just complicates leveling but making more things to work on but the idea in my head is to start at a usable state where you can just tame and be ready to go with a decent pet. Training is for niche builds.

MK Player

Feb 28, 2024
I love the sound it makes when several bears devour warriors who consider themselves pro players! 🥰🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻...

manure

May 7, 2022
My friend.. the only change that needs to be done to pets is TO ADD STAMINA LIMIT to them, so they wont chase infinitly someone.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Pet levelling is pain soley because its a brain dead time sink. In MO1 you could just pay the stable guy to level your pet for you. I think it was 10 gold for about 50 levels, and you had to leave the pet in the stables for about 8 hours. All they need to do is bring this system back levelling pets will be fixed.

They have the fix for this issue, they just refuse to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MK Player

MK Player

Feb 28, 2024
Pet levelling is pain soley because its a brain dead time sink. In MO1 you could just pay the stable guy to level your pet for you. I think it was 10 gold for about 50 levels, and you had to leave the pet in the stables for about 8 hours. All they need to do is bring this system back levelling pets will be fixed.

They have the fix for this issue, they just refuse to use it.

great suggestion!!!
up
up
up!!!

They say the breeding system is also coming!

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
great suggestion!!!
up
up
up!!!

They say the breeding system is also coming!
They should add pet leveling at the equerry way befor breeding.
Objectively it's an insult to the players to leave it as it is as no matter if you are a tamer or not, everyone needs max level pets and is wasting tons of time on this crappy mechanic we have in MO2.

Maybe we need a streamer to cover it as Henrik seems to react to this kind of stuff more.

Apr 3, 2024
it currently likes me 750 minutes at level 91 animal care to level a ritual pet without it in combat mode,
it died in 6 hits,
someone in full steel on foot is nay nay nay impossible to kill
:')

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
I quit MO1 when they introduced breeding. Killed taming. Everyone apart from newbs had mounts with perfect stats and no one bothered even taming.

Pet levelling is fine the way it is. If you don't like semi afking then just buy a lvl 125 pet on the broker.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I quit MO1 when they introduced breeding. Killed taming. Everyone apart from newbs had mounts with perfect stats and no one bothered even taming.

Pet levelling is fine the way it is. If you don't like semi afking then just buy a lvl 125 pet on the broker.
I agree that breeding was largely a bad addition to the game. Especially the unkillable max stats horses it produced. However, the stable levelling was amazing. I loved when animals had individual stats and tamers had to go and find the animals with the best stats. Manufacturing those stats through breeding was a terrible idea, but finding animals in the wild with great stats was awesome as a tamer.

Tamers are still needed to tame the animals but the brain dead afk levelling needs to go. Worst time waste in the game.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024
pets are so OP and easy to tame they out tank steel in anyway form or fashion they even have longer range than a longbow in the incorrect legs they are so commercial and economic a level one hundered beast molva is worth less in its weight in cuprum coins than current