Performance Still Terrible

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Fab square is horrible, went from 70-100 fps to 30-60. Good luck dueling there and not wanting to gouge your eyes out in 10 minutes. The sewers also took a big hit, from 120-144 fps to 70-100 with some drops to 40, still playable but not as smooth.

That blurry effect is also there with DLSS, it looks really bad. TBH the graphics in general look worse too me, sure lightning might be a bit better but everything looks more cartoonish, I prefer the UE4 look.

I'd say they should revert to UE4, there was more negatives than positives with this update but of course Henrik wont ever do it, hes obsessed with things looking pretty. With the game already being very niche its a dumb move alienating ppl without top hardware and with subs coming I doubt we stay over 1k concurrent for long after free month is over.
I know they prob cant due to epic or agreements and the optics but ue4 was way better then this

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
we all knew this was going to happen. When have they ever released a major patch that was stable and relative bug free? When?

It boggles my mind that despite this knowledge, Henrik still chooses these times to launch and relaunch this game on various platforms. Right at the same time as a major, very unstable patch.

And all these new and returning players always come in right in the middle of the shit show.

And they wonder why nobody stays. The amounts of freezes and disconnects right now its terrible. Even without discussing gamebreaking bug like dismounting, the overall performance is just awful.

Reactions: Gnidex and Xunila

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It was possible to switch off ray tracing before UE5, wasn't it? Now it is always on without the option to turn it off?
Yeah they left lumen which hits performance hard but turned off nanite which helps performance saying it was hurting.

Drago

May 30, 2020
"I (still) have the same problems. There are sudden FPS drops to 10, regardless of the landscape. This results in freezing or lag. It happens more frequently in cities, but suddenly occurs in the jungle near a tower as well, even though the game used to run smoothly there. This wasn't the case before the patch. It's just not enjoyable like this

Reactions: Xunila

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
it sucks that the game runs worse than ever.

node lines are worse. the one thing that henrik promised would be better are 10x worse.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
it sucks that the game runs worse than ever.

node lines are worse. the one thing that henrik promised would be better are 10x worse.
Well, get used to it. Henrik's claims on stream are one thing, reality is another.

Welcome to Mortal Online 2.

Sophisticus

Aug 6, 2023
Is there any hope that a solution will be found soon or is it already being worked on? The loss of a good 50 fps is simply far too much. I can only manage a maximum of 55 fps now. 25-30 in cities. I can hardly take part in big wars like this. It will be unenjoyable.

This video shows very well how my fps performance was before UE5 and how it is after UE5. Before UE5 I always had about 60-100 fps, now 25-55. In big fight i think i will have like what? 5-10 fps?

i mean wtf is this? Its on privat. Only ppl with this link can see it

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Performance is just dog shit.
give us lower graphic options already. Making the game blurry AF in big fights just makes me want to alt f4 in the middle to play sonething else.

Its so jank I dont even bother logging in anymore.

To bad I wasted free subs on tgis garbage release.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
After playing more the performance is improved but definitely not up to par. I would bump my original score of 4/10 up to a 4.5 maybe even a 3/10. To be clear the issues that lead me to conclude this games performance is still essentially terrible would be these things.

-massive fps fluctuations
-stuttering that can drastically effect combat
-weird input lag

Also obviously there are a ton of engine problems.

Solution?

Why not just add proper graphics options. Why insist on people not being able to disable ray tracing or shadows? it's so dumb. People trading around .ini files to fix the game and then SV has the audacity to threaten to ban them for it.

Also add FoV of 120. What's the big deal? 110 is not enough.

It's so ridiculous. Nothing more frustrating than a PvP game that doesn't perform properly.
this is not a pvp game. justa private server who some people try to pvp

Reactions: Tzone