Performance Still Terrible

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
I don't know why anyone would think adding ray tracing would improve peoples performance but here we are.

There are some improvements but in general this is not good performance.

There are an abundance of graphical glitches within my first 10 minutes of playing. Turning off DLS/TSR doesn't seem to do anything in regards to the artifacting. The game is tanking down to 10fps for me now which is abysmal. The stuttering in some areas is improved in others it feels maybe even worse. Daytime in this game still looks terrible.

To sum up. This is terrible. 2/10. You can't ask people to pay monthly for something like this. This project comes across as something you do in your spare time for fun. You don't charge money for this type of quality.

Really bad.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I can recommend both or either clearing your directx cache in the disk cleanup utility on windows machines and deleting this folder here

~~~/steam/steamapps/shadercache/1170950/

• Haha
Reactions: MrDodger and Daikos

Tzone

May 16, 2021
performance is meh for me, its better but blurry and their is input lag on the TSR.
Looks nicer, lighting is not eye hurting cancer, and lot less hitching tho.
I still need lower settings for the game, nanites should have improved performance IDK why they got rid of that but cept lumen which hurts performance.

Sophisticus

Aug 6, 2023
The performance of the game wasn't good even before the update for me. It fluctuated wildly between 50 and 90 FPS. But now with the UE5 update it fluctuates greatly between 30 and 60 FPS with the same settings (all on epic with 1080p)

Does anyone know what could be causing this? My GPU is not that bad i guess. Is it because of my CPU?

here my specs

GPU: PULSE AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6x 3.60GHz
RAM: 32GB (2x 16GB) G.Skill RipJaws
Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus Pro WIFI

Reactions: MrDodger

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
The performance of the game wasn't good even before the update for me. It fluctuated wildly between 50 and 90 FPS. But now with the UE5 update it fluctuates greatly between 30 and 60 FPS with the same settings (all on epic with 1080p)

Does anyone know what could be causing this? My GPU is not that bad i guess. Is it because of my CPU?

here my specs

It's the game my man, SV isn't really known for their optimization. Think of the game as a house of cards, with SV the house is full of chicken poop from FarmerJoe.

• Haha
Reactions: Teknique

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Personally im getting a bit better fps with higher settings, a lot more grass and can see so much further. Forests look much better and more dense. However the graphic glitches are way more and all sorts of other serious bugs have emerged. Worst one being the one dismounting and going under the mesh, or getting shot up in the air.. How does this stuff get past the testing team?

Reactions: Jethub and MrDodger

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023

here my specs

hard drive?

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
Yeah I lost a big chuck of FPS too and now I get freezes from CPU beiing overtaxed, never happened on EU4 and FPS was good enough to be playable.

I'll either have to get new PC or quit until the better optimise this mess of an update.

Reactions: Crixxic

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yeah it was OK before but now Im like freezing 15 seconds in combat, unplayable.

TSR is giving frames but its so blurry and has latency makes you miss arrows and spells.

Imma just have to turn off TSR and play at 40 fps.

NEED NEED NEED NEED LOWER SETTINGS AVAILABLE. the current settings are medium level not low.

I did test on the PTR and it was no this bad at all to be fair.

Reactions: Crixxic

MrDodger

Feb 16, 2022
On UE4 It was 120 (locked) fps outside of towns. Now it jumps 60-90 and each time I hit someone or someone hits me the stuttering occurs. Definitely I will not pay for this piece of "nextgen" until it fixed.

Reactions: Monco

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I mean when I heard that sv was going to copy paste their code into another engine, I pretty much envisioned bugs on top of bugs on top of disaster

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Wow shocker. Don't worry...Henrik will soon pitch the next thing that's going to fix your issues. Perhaps he will show you some new pet armors on next live stream in the meantime...

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Wow shocker. Don't worry...Henrik will soon pitch the next thing that's going to fix your issues. Perhaps he will show you some new pet armors on next live stream in the meantime...
Nah he will show performance improvements with screenshots since the game turned into a slideshow.

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
After playing more the performance is improved but definitely not up to par. I would bump my original score of 4/10 up to a 4.5 maybe even a 3/10. To be clear the issues that lead me to conclude this games performance is still essentially terrible would be these things.

-massive fps fluctuations
-stuttering that can drastically effect combat
-weird input lag

Also obviously there are a ton of engine problems.

Solution?

Why not just add proper graphics options. Why insist on people not being able to disable ray tracing or shadows? it's so dumb. People trading around .ini files to fix the game and then SV has the audacity to threaten to ban them for it.

Also add FoV of 120. What's the big deal? 110 is not enough.

It's so ridiculous. Nothing more frustrating than a PvP game that doesn't perform properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teknique

Exfaust

Feb 7, 2022
Took an FPS hit as well. Maybe around anywhere from 10 at best to 40 less at worst. Fab is especially rough.

I also don't really understand the blur effect? I remember when the ACT siege happened there were so many bodies that there was a sort of after image effect on people. Now I see this on occasion when there's like ...1 or 5 people. Running native with no TSR - why? Is this a solution to loading a bunch of armor etc? Why is it kicking in when nothing is hardly around? I had to turn settings down from epic to high and performance is still not on par even with the sun update disabled.

There are some cool things with the update but some of the disappointment is not exactly where I would of imagined it would be.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Took an FPS hit as well. Maybe around anywhere from 10 at best to 40 less at worst. Fab is especially rough.

I also don't really understand the blur effect? I remember when the ACT siege happened there were so many bodies that there was a sort of after image effect on people. Now I see this on occasion when there's like ...1 or 5 people. Running native with no TSR - why? Is this a solution to loading a bunch of armor etc? Why is it kicking in when nothing is hardly around? I had to turn settings down from epic to high and performance is still not on par even with the sun update disabled.

There are some cool things with the update but some of the disappointment is not exactly where I would of imagined it would be.
Fab square is horrible, went from 70-100 fps to 30-60. Good luck dueling there and not wanting to gouge your eyes out in 10 minutes. The sewers also took a big hit, from 120-144 fps to 70-100 with some drops to 40, still playable but not as smooth.

That blurry effect is also there with DLSS, it looks really bad. TBH the graphics in general look worse too me, sure lightning might be a bit better but everything looks more cartoonish, I prefer the UE4 look.

I'd say they should revert to UE4, there was more negatives than positives with this update but of course Henrik wont ever do it, hes obsessed with things looking pretty. With the game already being very niche its a dumb move alienating ppl without top hardware and with subs coming I doubt we stay over 1k concurrent for long after free month is over.