Performance issues

Mortalfaq123

Jan 9, 2022
I just bought the game on Steam and I'm having performance issues that seem non-standard.

Specs:
GTX 970 4GB
Ryzen 2600x
16 GB DDR4

Everything set to low I get around may 30ish fps often lower and only higher if I'm looking at the ground. If I significantly reduce the resolution from 1080p I can keep it above 40fps average but it looks like a 2002 game at such low resolution. Drivers are updated, and it doesnt' matter if its DX11 or DX12.

I would chalk it up to older card + lack of optimization but I've found people posting with similar setups claiming it runs much better than this and my friend with inferior hardware (and less vram) are getting better performance. I've been on the market for a new GPU since the day RTX 30 launched in 2020 so upgrading is not gonna happen before this thing launches.

Anyone else found a way to fix/increase performance w/ or w/o similar specs?

ELECTROSKELLY

Apr 20, 2021
I have a 970 with 32gb DDR4 and a Ryzen 5 3600. I've found that playing in full screen(not windowed or windowed full screen) gives me better fps.

Reactions: Mortalfaq123

Mortalfaq123

Jan 9, 2022
Sadly Steam only allows 2 hours for a refund and I hit 115 mins trying to make this work so I refunded the game.

If my friends are still playing in a few months and it gets some updates or I can snag a GPU I'll give it another try.

Thanks for the help.

Armegeddon

Nov 8, 2020
Hate to say it, you're kind of stuck with dated components. Fine for older games or small server arena type games.... but MMOs.. not so much. The best you could do, cost wise, upgrade to a 3800X (same socket-AM4) and increase your ram to 32 (make sure the ram is the same as what you currently have, speed, latency etc.). A better GPU will cost.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I just bought the game on Steam and I'm having performance issues that seem non-standard.

Specs:
GTX 970 4GB
Ryzen 2600x
16 GB DDR4

Everything set to low I get around may 30ish fps often lower and only higher if I'm looking at the ground. If I significantly reduce the resolution from 1080p I can keep it above 40fps average but it looks like a 2002 game at such low resolution. Drivers are updated, and it doesnt' matter if its DX11 or DX12.

I would chalk it up to older card + lack of optimization but I've found people posting with similar setups claiming it runs much better than this and my friend with inferior hardware (and less vram) are getting better performance. I've been on the market for a new GPU since the day RTX 30 launched in 2020 so upgrading is not gonna happen before this thing launches.

Anyone else found a way to fix/increase performance w/ or w/o similar specs?

Try directX 11-12 checking performance, you may aswell check your CPU, RAM and GPU stats on task manager while running mortal and check whats the bottleneck. Remember to udpade nvidia drivers and if you don't have a fresh install of WIN i'd think it would improve performance till a certain degree.