Patwins Online New Player Tutorial Guide

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Hmmmm... Nice work here. You are now one with the salt. ?
I mean if you pick a random play style that competes and instead of learning to play against it honestly you just organize and deliver super bias feedback to nerf it in the ground what do you expect thank you’s?

salt is indeed more palatable than doodoo. We cleanse our destiny. War is peace we must fight to have justice. Freedom is slavery never again can the community be permitted such rampant freedom of creative control over the game, bad ideas were why mo 1 sucked. I must rule with an iron fist.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
I mean if you pick a random play style that competes and instead of learning to play against it honestly you just organize and deliver super bias feedback to nerf it in the ground what do you expect thank you’s?

salt is indeed more palatable than doodoo. We cleanse our destiny. War is peace we must fight to have justice. Freedom is slavery never again can the community be permitted such rampant freedom of creative control over the game, bad ideas were why mo 1 sucked. I must rule with an iron fist.
I love that I'm on your mind late and night and first thing in the morning. I feel so loved. ❤

• Haha
Reactions: Rolufe

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020

Its not your play style per say, the game was just missing limitations. Just like Chivalry was lacking limitations. People break dancing(spinning and doing full damage at start and end of a swing) and shield turtleing(bending forward crouching with a shield on the back). You didnt see this in Mordhau when they released and they quickly tried to even make it less viable to do as they went on. You can still do it to some degree but its not completely broken. SV trying to achieve a similar solution and atm i think its in a decent spot. Just need a few more tweaks and some way to get past parries, either making it timed like Mordhau and Chivalry had or some form of breaking a parry/block. Maybe a Kick or other form of knockback/stun could work.

Edit: Maybe SV can change so the visual animation for other players is more like a pirouette then a laggy sprint. If possible. This way it wont be as hard to see whats going on and it wont be so broken.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Its not your play style per say, the game was just missing limitations. Just like Chivalry was lacking limitations. People break dancing(spinning and doing full damage at start and end of a swing) and shield turtleing(bending forward crouching with a shield on the back). You didnt see this in Mordhau when they released and they quickly tried to even make it less viable to do as they went on. You can still do it to some degree but its not completely broken. SV trying to achieve a similar solution and atm i think its in a decent spot. Just need a few more tweaks and some way to get past parries, either making it timed like Mordhau and Chivalry had or some form of breaking a parry/block. Maybe a Kick or other form of knockback/stun could work.

Edit: Maybe SV can change so the visual animation for other players is more like a pirouette then a laggy sprint. If possible. This way it wont be as hard to see whats going on and it wont be so broken.
Nah this is horrible currently relative to mordhau. At least in mordhau there was a sensitivity lock so you could do some cool mouse whips tooM overcome the resistance. This is just a random whip prevention leaving you absolutely nothing cool to do and messing with your block inputs. All the dumb animations you can still do.

The accel nerf is not good either, I can’t see any justification for it being in the game, those accels were still super easy to block and it makes the damage feel so random. It also removes skill for weapon placement, I’m pretty sure if you aim down more it doesn’t even do anything as well making it pointless

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Nah this is horrible currently relative to mordhau. At least in mordhau there was a sensitivity lock so you could do some cool mouse whips tooM overcome the resistance. This is just a random whip prevention leaving you absolutely nothing cool to do and messing with your block inputs. All the dumb animations you can still do.

The accel nerf is not good either, I can’t see any justification for it being in the game, those accels were still super easy to block and it makes the damage feel so random. It also removes skill for weapon placement, I’m pretty sure if you aim down more it doesn’t even do anything as well making it pointless
I havent seen the dumb animations lately but might just be cuz people dont do them in team fights. But if you got some ideas of how to fix it im all ears.

Yea i believe Mordhau do the acceleration nerf better as its just a straight up dud when you hit people early and end of the swings, but then quickly rise/drop in damage. Thrusts shouldnt really be affected by the acceleration nerf as it feel very random if you go 5 damage or 20 would prefer if they made thrusts do more damage the further in on the blade the person was and lower further out as more blade would go into the enemy.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I havent seen the dumb animations lately but might just be cuz people dont do them in team fights. But if you got some ideas of how to fix it im all ears.

Yea i believe Mordhau do the acceleration nerf better as its just a straight up dud when you hit people early and end of the swings, but then quickly rise/drop in damage. Thrusts shouldnt really be affected by the acceleration nerf as it feel very random if you go 5 damage or 20 would prefer if they made thrusts do more damage the further in on the blade the person was and lower further out as more blade would go into the enemy.
Couple reasons why you don’t see it. It was very situational to begin with. You would only do it or have it done to you if you were standing still for the most part. Now you can’t really take a second to aim your parry return because the enemy will charge a swing faster than your parry return if you try to aim it.

Reactions: Rolufe