Patch Notes 1.0.5.4 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
This one looks to me like a fish pen:

POI2-1024x588.jpg

Old ruins, abandoned hideouts, ancient monuments, and the like. That's what I think of when the word points of interest come to mind.

And this also looks related to Myrland's fishing industry:

POI3-1024x562.jpg

And I'm idly curious as to what, if any, special fishing is possible at these.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
POIS should have better loot/interactions. The same barrel and urn or chest that everyone's looted doesn't give much incentive to go find them. Should be a mini puzzle or an encounter, mobs with decent drops.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This is my favourite based on appearance:

POI1-1024x569.jpg

or maybe this one:

POI6-1024x603.jpg

They have some chests, apparently, though no-one's said the contents before this have been more than what a barrel might have had in MO1. YMMV, currently.

Asset sale?! It's hard to imagine if they can put stuff like that in the game, putting PICKABLE RESOURCES would be a big problem.

Reactions: Daikos

Infamous

Sep 15, 2021
So...great you fixed being able to make the bound bags. But players that already have bound bags still work...0 risk or trouble transporting around the map still because they have a inventory of prepatch bags to put their whole banks into. Incredible

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So...great you fixed being able to make the bound bags. But players that already have bound bags still work...0 risk or trouble transporting around the map still because they have a inventory of prepatch bags to put their whole banks into. Incredible

Bound bags?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
POIS should have better loot/interactions. The same barrel and urn or chest that everyone's looted doesn't give much incentive to go find them. Should be a mini puzzle or an encounter, mobs with decent drops.
IT's just classic SV, hype up the feature as if it'll solve the game's content issues. The reality is they'r exactly the same as the other shitty ruins around the world. No point in exploring for 2 silver.

Reactions: Daikos and Calcal

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
No point in exploring for 2 silver.
The first time you see it, it's exploring. Not for silver.
The second time is if you want the silver. That's not exploring.
Hmm never heard of them. Didn't know that was a thing. Fascinating, that should be fixed sooner than later.
Amazing that I've never heard of them, either. You'd think it would be a common complaint from those who did not have them.
It's hard to imagine if they can put stuff like that in the game, putting PICKABLE RESOURCES would be a big problem.
I'm sure you can imagine quite a bit.

Reactions: Hodo

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
No. That's the Explorer perspective. In every game.. Nothing specifically to do with this game. If you don't get it, that's fine; you're not an Explorer, you're a Fortune-hunter AKA Achiever.
But these are not points of exloration but points of interest. With little interesting to be found. The game lacks content so much i am amazed these are not desogned to be repeatable content.

Reactions: Daikos

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
But these are not points of exloration but points of interest. With little interesting to be found. The game lacks content so much i am amazed these are not desogned to be repeatable content.
Cool semantic argument does not convince me, bro.
With little interesting to be found. The game lacks content so much...
That's a valid personal opinion of yours.

If I were playing, I'd visit each one just to see it and possibly sneer. It's an E. thing. You wouldn't understand.
The game lacks content so much...
Yes; yes it does.

Reactions: Hodo

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
This one looks to me like a fish pen:

POI2-1024x588.jpg

And this also looks related to Myrland's fishing industry:

POI3-1024x562.jpg

And I'm idly curious as to what, if any, special fishing is possible at these.

I have not been in game enough to come across any of these yet.

But do any provide some sort of utility?

Sure I can see abandoned ruins and such not having much.

But the one looks like a pretty active fishing village and the other has lit torches all over it.

You would think there would be some things of use for those that occupy these places.

At the very least some NPCs to interact with.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
can we not confuse PoI and capture the flag/king of the mountain mechanics? :eek: PoIs I figured would make the game INTERESTING. I spawned at a random priest (new feature for MO2!) and walked around. Didn't really see shit then I got mauled by a bear, eventually. Still climbing them mountains, no pix, no PoIs. No mountain shrine or anything. I'm sure there is SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE, but in general... eh.

Dudes gonna occupy the ritzy PoI and have a pool party.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Who the hell tested this patch? Dont got any lancers on the test team to realize that it does 3 to 10 damage. No footfighter testers to tell them that your screen gets blocked when you do a block wearing heavy armor. Im shooting another player in bad gear for 1's with a dense crepite shortbow.

Obviously dont have mages on the test team to complain about the numerous bugs that keep you from casting.

This is one of the most buggy patches that came out that broke so many classes in the game. The test team is certainly not doing it or probably doesnt even care or know how to play the game.

Get a new test team.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
My thoughts on points of interest is that they should be a hotspot, somewhere people want to go to do something. Not a go to look at it once. I have nothing against people who like to do that. but from a gameplay aspect places need to do more and have more replayability.

gloria victis has the little villages you can capture. It would be cool if there were ways to control a place to get rewards. Then people could fight over them.

Reactions: Daikos and Amadman