Patch Notes 1.0.3.9 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Jesus... Are you sure you re playing the right game for you ?

Ever played Elder Scrolls Oline ? Plenty of guards and safety areas there... Go check it out.

A Mortal Online player asking and hoping for more guards OUTSIDE towns ?
Something obviously is not right here.
I am playing the correct games, the people that aren’t are the ones that think pvp is found in a graveyard

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I am playing the correct games, the people that aren’t are the ones that think pvp is found in a graveyard
Graveyards a sick place to fight, and is a place for casuals to find pvp quickly without having to roam for 11 hours. MO1 before it was dead you could log in and walk to the tindrem GY and there was prob some grey pissing around to attack. If there wasnt you could just tell some kid his mom is ugly and /duel him and he prob got mad enough to want to kill you back and bam you get a fight to the death to either loose your stuff or get his. This is what half the tind pop did for fun. Sadly SV has no idea why a lot of us bought their game and completely killed tind by making guards spawn in the gy if you grey.

The issue is just SV needs to stop funneling new players into the GY to die 24/7. Have them cut wood, kill bandits, animals, etc. And make all those activities give clade gift xp. GY should be the next step up for slightly less new players as a more dangerous better place to be.

Reactions: Tzone

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
It is adding trinkets but not fixing any of the current issues.

No healing clade xp.

No nerf for zero archery skills using longbows.

No fix for mounts being slowed down by anything put on them, but players being unaffected by anything.

No way to take down a house or stronghold.

No use for Bodkin arrows.

Blunt damage lances dont work still.

Terror Birds are still meta pet, no point in any other pet.

No other reason to use anything other than plate.

Mounted casting double casting time is extreme, drop it to 1.5.

No Veela Nerf

manure

May 7, 2022

Ridiculous.
There have been lots of great fights that had their start in the Graveyards. Be it a single player starting to mess around or a small group that comes and attracts the attention of larger groups.

Theres nothing wrong in starting PvP at graveyards or anywhere near towns (which is where we find a greater volume of people).

The problem is to add guards outside towns, which prevents PvP.

Its much better to have lots of small scale pvps, quickly as soon as you log in, than to roam the giant world for 2 hours to find a large group of people to have a small event of pvp.

Use your god damn brains.
I am against Guards outside towns. This is not a carebears game. You leave town, you NEED to be prepared.
Players had their safe time in Haven. Once you leave Haven, BE PREPARED !

The fact is : The devs destroyed small scale PvP in Meduli.
How is it any good ?
You do not enjoy small scale pvp, so it is wrong for those who do ?
Lots of people enjoyed.... There was a lot of small fights in Meduli and its dead now only because the Devs applied a stupid patch.

The game lost a small percentage of fun due to that crappy patch.

Go live your hermit life in the middle of nowhere. Have your great big guild fights in the middle of nowhere.
If you dont participate in small fights near towns, simply stay away. But dont ask for the Devs to ruin it just because you dont like.

There has to be NO GUARDS outside any town ! It should be obvious to any full loot pvp game.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
No Veela Nerf

Veela dont really need a "nerf" But some other races need a buff in some areas. Like the Khurite are absolute trash when they are supposed to be the fastest and most capable horse archers in the human race... but yet... they have the least about of attribute points and they are the ONLY human race that gains attribute points by being thursar and are improved in everyway.

I am still waiting to see these magical analytics that Henrik says he has that shows how balanced everything is.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Ridiculous.
There have been lots of great fights that had their start in the Graveyards. Be it a single player starting to mess around or a small group that comes and attracts the attention of larger groups.

Theres nothing wrong in starting PvP at graveyards or anywhere near towns (which is where we find a greater volume of people).

Its much better to have lots of small scale pvps, quickly as soon as you log in, than to roam the giant world for 2 hours to find a large group of people to have a small event of pvp.

I am against Guards outside towns. This is not a carebears game. You leave town, you NEED to be prepared.

How is it any good ?
Lots of people enjoyed.... There was a lot of small fights in Meduli and its dead now only because the Devs applied a stupid patch.

Go live your hermit life in the middle of nowhere. Have your great big guild fights in the middle of nowhere.
If you dont participate in small fights near towns, simply stay away. But dont ask for the Devs to ruin it just because you dont like.

There has to be NO GUARDS outside any town ! It should be obvious to any full loot pvp game.

That wasn't small scale pvp that was noob ganking in the graveyard.

manure

May 7, 2022
That wasn't small scale pvp that was noob ganking in the graveyard.

After the noob ganking, most of the times there were group fights all around there.

The noob killing was just the source of what used to come later... Cool small fights, or even large group fights sometimes.

Now there is NOTHING. Only a bunch of people mining saburra and farming with tons of guards patrolling the wilderness around them. Even safer than Haven.

Reactions: ElPerro

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Ridiculous.

How is it any good ?

Nope, guards will be in all graveyards soon. Deal with it

• Haha
Reactions: Armegeddon

manure

May 7, 2022
Nope, guards will be in all graveyards soon. Deal with it

Are you only hoping for that OR have you actually read about it somewhere ? (After that infamous patch, it wouldnt surprise me, although I'd be indeed very sad)

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
In terms of content, I think it's a good patch. The bugs surrounding its delivery are problematic, obviously.

Things like buy-orders are exactly the types of mechanics the game needs more of.

Reactions: Xunila

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ridiculous.
MO1 had tons of players who only played tind and had gy fights. I like many others, learned to pvp from GY fights. Was 1000x easier to get a gy fight than roaming and hoping you dont run into several MC's in max gear who just slam you. Also was one of the only places to get no mounted fights. Was so easy to log in and check Gy if you didnt have a ton of time to play. MO2 is you dont have at least 2 hours to waste,, you shouldnt even be logging in. Which people seem to be figuring out seeing that the player base is flopping.

Reactions: Tzone

ashshfsjhkdkk

Mar 21, 2022
I voted as not good.

lack of communication, randomly rolling out the patch, not fixing core issues other bugs surrounding the release has not been enough to keep myself or 90% of my guild playing.

I'm holding out hope the next patch will be huge in terms of addressing some of the major underlying issues that have been discussed ad nauseam or I likely will not be returning even with TC.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
MO1 had tons of players who only played tind and had gy fights. I like many others, learned to pvp from GY fights. Was 1000x easier to get a gy fight than roaming and hoping you dont run into several MC's in max gear who just slam you. Also was one of the only places to get no mounted fights. Was so easy to log in and check Gy if you didnt have a ton of time to play. MO2 is you dont have at least 2 hours to waste,, you shouldnt even be logging in. Which people seem to be figuring out seeing that the player base is flopping.

You also didnt have duels and you had blue blockers back then. Now you can duel safely in town with friends and learn to fight if you want to with out beating on noobs in a graveyard.

While I often mention MO1 it was a FAR harder game than MO2.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Was happily gaming until the fiasco that just occurred happened. SV knows how to ruin a patch even after releasing it mostly not bad.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
I voted as an average patch as there was not a specialized tab on the broker added for Trinkets. This seems like an obvious thing to do when you add a new item to the game but was not done. Would like to see the broker filtering fleshed out with more filter options and to fix the issue where not all text fields are searchable. Seems like a lack of due diligence issue that could have been avoided.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
I like the trinket grind.

Our guild has a lot of noobie players that are struggling to find content besides the regular dungeon runs we do. So it added value to going to bandit camps and such and the PVP that came with it was kind of fun because we can all run to the aid of our guys farming and kill some dudes. Although it was not as fun when we had 10 dudes running into a camp to clear our 1-3 guys there. Just part of the game though. Definitely need more Player Killer Killer and ARPK guilds out here

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
In the whole broker market there is not one buy order than any rational or aware player would want to fulfill cuurrently.
Currently. People aren't used to them yet. Buy orders work fine in other games, in fact sandboxes that have thriving economy do have buy orders.

Oh. Terribly disappointed in alchemy effects. Is this what we've waited for hell knows how long now? Basically two effects, one of which isn't really needed 'cause you could gain/lose weight before just fine.

Reactions: Xunila