Patch Notes 1.0.1.10 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3207135292548361787

Added
  • Added war combatant debuff. After attacking a player you are at war with, you will receive this debuff for 5 minutes. If a guard spots you while this debuff is active, you will be attacked and lose standing.
  • Added password system to access houses. The owner can change the password from the house UI. Leaving the password blank means no one can enter the house using passwords.
  • Players who entered the correct password will keep access to the house until they relog, until the password changes, or until they move far away from the house.
  • Added a new decoration chest type called “access chests”. Anyone who knows the password to the house may add or remove items from these chests.
  • Added portable Campfires, Crushers, Grinders, and Grizzlies to gear Vendors.
  • Added Contractor NPCs to the capitals that sell Equerry and Priest contracts.
  • Added support for NPCs in houses.
  • Added /guard command that can be used when targeting a criminal to call one guard that runs towards the criminal and attacks them.
  • Added /bank, /broker, and /petbroker commands which allow you to interact with the closest NPC of the relevant type within ten meters.
  • Added /vendor command which allows you to interact with the vendor closest to the center of your screen, within ten meters.
  • Added clade reset item. Using it will let you reset your clade gifts at the cost of 10% of your total clade gift experience.

Changes
  • Housing item limits changed:
  • Small Houses 500-700 items
  • Medium Houses 600-800 items
  • Strongholds 1000-1200 items
  • Keeps 1200-1400 items
  • Increase the interaction duration on houses from 1 second to 5 seconds.
  • Increased max decorations per floor in strongholds to 65 decorations, and increased max decorations per floor in keeps to 75 decorations.
  • Removed Red Priests outside keeps.
  • You can no longer decorate immediately in front of doors in player-owned houses.
  • Toxai priest is now a member of the Khurite Allied Tribes.
  • Guard attacks can no longer be parried. (only blocked)
  • Increased the damage bonus you get from having the skill mounted charge
  • Blast furnaces are now active again.
  • Greater Natorus are now active again.
  • Tephra yield restored to original values.
  • Disabled Heat system, as it was unintentionally affecting stamina costs in most regions of Myrland.
  • Guild enemies’ names are now shown as orange instead of red. Red is reserved for bounty targets.
  • Removed the key system from buildables.
  • Reverted swing speed increase for light weapons from last patch.
  • Chests in camps and dungeons now require keys to open.
  • Updated book information message
  • AI will now remember a player's last damage dealing hit for ten minutes.

Fixes
  • Fixed holes in spiral staircases in Risar Dungeon.
  • Added missing wood structure to Tier 1 T-wall sections in keeps.
  • Fixed stair collision in Tier 2 T-walls.
  • Fixed glitch where pets would not correctly save in the database.
  • Fixed issue where max height players could not enter risar dungeon
  • Fixed issue where you could not target a loot bag in the spider dungeon boss room
  • Server optimizations
  • Fixed bug that caused animations for other players to stutter while they were swimming slowly.
  • Fixed rounding error that could result in less than the intended amount of clade gift xp being given.
  • Fixed bug where guards still had aggro on you/your pet even though you were no longer a criminal.
  • Updated description for 'management' skill.
  • Fixed bug where spells which did 0 damage would execute targets in mercy mode.
  • Fixed bug where you could cast beneficial effects(heals etc) on criminals while 'enable criminal actions' was disabled.
  • Fixed issues with displaying the wrong hints related to illegal actions and being on haven or not.
  • You can no longer report murders to a red priest.
  • Fixed steam stat tracking for sator kills.
  • Fixed human clade gift 'Opportunistic', it did not give you the intended double chance to gain standing during the dice roll part of a task reward.
  • Possible fix for sounds cutting out in large battles.
  • Crafted weapons now have their correct names on the broker.
  • Fixed broken water between Toxai and Jungle.
  • Fixed swimming in jungle area.
  • Optimized node performance in areas with a lot of players. This previously caused lag spikes; these should now be fixed.
  • Optimized the sending of player positions reducing the number of packages the server and client receive.
  • Fixed friends becoming temporarily deleted from the friend list.
  • Fix AI not forgetting who damaged it last after it leashes.

Reactions: MaDeuce and Amadman

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
- No portable extraction press. Alchemists exist too you know.
- Reverted the speed buff on lighter weapons. And i just started having fun again with daggers (whose WS was absolutely nerfed since beta but the devs won't admit).
- Combatant debuff, what? Why? Why was it needed?
- Guard attacks can no longer be parried. Oh come ooooon.

Other than that it is a long waited patch, finally we can have usable strongholds.

[UPDATE]
Oh, now people can use NPC commands to lure the unparriable guards out of towns. Now this is stupid.

Last edited:

xtort

Jan 30, 2022
I took fall damage out of nowhere and died. Why don't they test stuff before releasing???

Reactions: tal0s

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
- Wardec implementation is very lackluster and not many people are going to utilize it after this recent change.
- Guard attacks can no longer be parried? Only reason I can think of this being a thing is, it's a bandaid for horrible guard AI and to stop people back peddling and parrying the guards until they leash.
- House interaction taking 5 seconds is a bit tedious, this means 10 seconds total to open and close a door. Guess the zerglings got what they wanted. It's a change that is just going to make door camping more of a thing and stops people from being able to avoid being zerged.

Though nice to see guild priests and portable items. Item storage limits increased for housing is nice too. Unlocking the blast furnace etc is cool too. Finally stam regen is what it should be. Overall though, the patch is a "meh" from me, like a 5.9/10

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I can only vote 'Okay' (and I want to vote 'Bad) because:
-Guards being unparryable is stupid as fuck. Guards are already overtuned to hell and have been complained about endlessly
-Changes to war system (combatant debuff) dumb af. Exactly nobody was using the war dec system because you can't force a war dec. Several dozen guilds WERE using it as an alliance system, though, which is now fucked for the entire game. Good job?
-Password system makes fighting around player housing way less fun, and is a direct nerf to PVP interaction with player houses. Before it was entertaining to kill a player and take their key to get temporary access to their house. Now, houses are safe from any kind of pvp. Great. Yet another anti-pvper change.

There are some fantastic bug fixes for some really irritating long-standing issues, which is good. Some more shifts towards TC (priests, crafting stations etc) that were needed as well. But yet AGAIN we see StarVault sneaking some anti-PvPer changes into the patch in the form of guard buffs and house access. Why is EVERY SINGLE patch anti-pvp?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Removing red priest making it cumbersome to revive for unguilded players, making wars basically a criminal action (without adding an allianze system, which is what the current war system was used for by most guilds).
Great patch. :sick:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
As usual, no changes that will stop people from quitting, and no changes to get people to come back. Some QOL is good. But most of the changes are just bad and continue to make the game worse and have a less promising future. Practically every day is a new peak low on steam charts. And thats not going to change from adding a weak wardec system that still makes you lose standing.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I can only vote 'Okay' (and I want to vote 'Bad) because:
-Guards being unparryable is stupid as fuck. Guards are already overtuned to hell and have been complained about endlessly
-Changes to war system (combatant debuff) dumb af. Exactly nobody was using the war dec system because you can't force a war dec. Several dozen guilds WERE using it as an alliance system, though, which is now fucked for the entire game. Good job?
-Password system makes fighting around player housing way less fun, and is a direct nerf to PVP interaction with player houses. Before it was entertaining to kill a player and take their key to get temporary access to their house. Now, houses are safe from any kind of pvp. Great. Yet another anti-pvper change.

There are some fantastic bug fixes for some really irritating long-standing issues, which is good. Some more shifts towards TC (priests, crafting stations etc) that were needed as well. But yet AGAIN we see StarVault sneaking some anti-PvPer changes into the patch in the form of guard buffs and house access. Why is EVERY SINGLE patch anti-pvp?
Granted, even without blocking skill. Guards will only do around 8 damage blocked, elites 20 and lictors around 40. So with a healer around you are still able to basically farm them.

Unless they also increased guard damage since yesterday.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Added war combatant debuff. After attacking a player you are at war with, you will receive this debuff for 5 minutes. If a guard spots you while this debuff is active, you will be attacked and lose standing.

aha. I finally see why they did this. Still stupid. Good for anti-alliance stuff, KIND OF, but it also goes really far beyond that. It seems like legit the GOAL OF MORTAL ONLINE is to LOCK PEOPLE OUT OF TOWNS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. That does not make sense to me. I think the patch is pretty trashy even tho it contains a lot of things I wanted. It seems like the bad outweighs the good. Not that I'm gonna wardec anyone lol or war-ally anyone, but just the fact that they'd do that is bothersome to me on a high lvl.

Slowed swing speed down, DUMB. No adjustment, no way to say "well we'll slow down rock and bone weps, but not metal," etc...

porta stuff is def worth, tho. Still... I'm having that feelin again, and yea... dmg from MC will be better, but that's not exactly why MC isn't working. I think the dmg is OK as it is.

Last edited:
D

Dracu

Half assed QOL stuff... seriously... you have to reenter the password every login or if you move to far away? Thats a big oooooffff....

Unparryable Guards? Fuck offf!
Yet again another shit batch that cant implement content properly, always missing half or not working very well at all...

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Granted, even without blocking skill. Guards will only do around 8 damage blocked, elites 20 and lictors around 40. So with a healer around you are still able to basically farm them.

Unless they also increased guard damage since yesterday.

Oh, good thing everyone has a pocket healer following them around then.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
@finegamingconnoisseur Although I reply to you, I appreciate how you done this thread and non of my post is directed at you mate. Thanks for the thread ^.^

I can only assume this is SV trolling us and the real patch will be released tomorrow?
Did SV hit their heads and go totally moronic???????

After attacking a player you are at war with, you will receive this debuff for 5 minutes.

War is war. Let people in war fight...
If you want to try and stop the players using it for alliance then get off your big fat lazy arses and make an alliance system that actually fucking works???

Added portable Campfires, Crushers, Grinders, and Grizzlies to gear Vendors.
Press? Nope? Can't be arsed or just forgot like armatures?

Added clade reset item. Using it will let you reset your clade gifts at the cost of 10% of your total clade gift experience.

Ooook. So If you actually played the game we will fuck you over! After 15 clades it gets stupid and considering how shit the design is overall... We are being punished. At least cap the cost so that people who have invested time to grind that shit up are not kicked in the bollocks because SV are too shit to do their jobs correctly the first time and clades are kind of a half done idea ATM.

Guard attacks can no longer be parried. (only blocked)

A good game will have consistency. SV through that out the window because Henrik is too fucking stupid to think of real solutions.

Reverted swing speed increase for light weapons from last patch.

Goodbye daggers? SV who can't balance to save their fucking lives gave up on thinking all together. Just reverting with zero thought eh? Well done.

I am getting closer to not subbing when the time comes.
Shit like this patch will drive me away.
A couple decent steps forward doesn't give you justification to take a dozen steps backwards!

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Ah, are you missing the point on purpose or..?
So you don't have any reason. You just want to fight guards for the sake of fighting guards.
Cooooool... I assume your favourite hobby is watching paint dry?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
@finegamingconnoisseur Although I reply to you, I appreciate how you done this thread and non of my post is directed at you mate. Thanks for the thread ^.^

I can only assume this is SV trolling us and the real patch will be released tomorrow?
Did SV hit their heads and go totally moronic???????

War is war. Let people in war fight...
If you want to try and stop the players using it for alliance then get off your big fat lazy arses and make an alliance system that actually fucking works???

Press? Nope? Can't be arsed or just forgot like armatures?

Ooook. So If you actually played the game we will fuck you over! After 15 clades it gets stupid and considering how shit the design is overall... We are being punished. At least cap the cost so that people who have invested time to grind that shit up are not kicked in the bollocks because SV are too shit to do their jobs correctly the first time and clades are kind of a half done idea ATM.

A good game will have consistency. SV through that out the window because Henrik is too fucking stupid to think of real solutions.

Goodbye daggers? SV who can't balance to save their fucking lives gave up on thinking all together. Just reverting with zero thought eh? Well done.

I am getting closer to not subbing when the time comes.
Shit like this patch will drive me away.
A couple decent steps forward doesn't give you justification to take a dozen steps backwards!

haha, I was trying to say nice after someone beat me in a duel and I got stuck in alliance chat somehow. IT'S IN THERE SOMEWHERE.

The whole 5 minute thing, the unblockable guard, and the thing that they said (somewhere else, but I think it's still true) that /guard actually SPAWNS A GUARD at the guard tower is like ?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? Like I said this patch adds a bunch of cool stuff we asked for. But the reason it heavily bothers me is because the gameplay changes are just so... nonsensical. I feel like it EQs and porta appliances would make me pretty happy, but if they continue to make the game worse, it's like heh.

What I wanna know is WHO IS ASKING FOR THESE CHANGES? I know people asked for the swing reduction, and I heavily suggested that they look at cheapie stuff like bone and stone and leave the metals at least to see how it works out for a patch cycle. The war dec thing is just so completely ridiculous that as I said EVEN THOUGH IT'S NEVER GOING TO AFFECT ME it makes me want to quit the game loool. Not even joking. I just feel like it's shown me that yea this shit isn't gonna get fixed, now we gotta wait another (....) in hope of something good, probably just to revert a lot of this stuff. WOW.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Half assed QOL stuff... seriously... you have to reenter the password every login or if you move to far away? Thats a big oooooffff....

Unparryable Guards? Fuck offf!
Yet again another shit batch that cant implement content properly, always missing half or not working very well at all...
It's stupid to make it annoying when u could just make a password macro and bypass the typing time, should put password once till it's changed exacly just like rust.

The guards thing is ment to buff towns safety, to move conflict away from towns, but it's a partial buff for a design problematic.

Reactions: Dracu

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I dread the good patches the most because thats when they also put in the worse changes as well. All these devs do is double down on their hate towards pvp.

Devs hate solo and small group players. Devs hate non zergs. Devs hate pvpers.

If you arent in a large guild and have anysort of pvp then the devs want you to quit .

Last edited: