Patch 0.1.4.5 Feedback

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
i think at least part of why a lot of people feel the resource distribution is poor is that there is no alternative to metals. there is no animal materials progression, no refining of animal mats, no combining animal and mineral materials to create something better, its just ore and that road leads only to GK (also perhaps cave camp once g.nat is in). if your location has poor ore resources, it doesnt matter so much what animal/plant resources you have, the time to acquire those materials is minimal compared to how long the grind is and how valuable metals are. Anything that makes that grind shorter is quite valuable, so having the resources at your doorstep is the goal.

i'd love to see similar progression amongst animal materials, some way to refine all the animal materials, improving their stats (or perhaps specializing them) at the cost of quantity and time. maybe the best refined animal mats wont be as good as steel or cronite but maybe they come close at a similarly close amount of time investment.

would it make logical sense? perhaps not but what the fuck sense does making a sword out of teeth make?

-barcode
Here we can come to terms in agreement. An alternative would be excellent. It's already confirmed Saburra will not come back based on today's stream.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
noone has a monopoly on the desert biome. nice strawman

i agree, having known incorrect resource placement for a long time is like a festering wound, but better to fix it and cure the infection rather than just add more bandaids on top and try to forget its there. if SV is doing this for what they feel is the 'correct' balance of resource distribution, then at least their heart is in the right place. Whether or not it actually results in a better game is another matter and certainly worthy of debate. arguing that change is bad because its change is an invalid argument.

i think at least part of why a lot of people feel the resource distribution is poor is that there is no alternative to metals. there is no animal materials progression, no refining of animal mats, no combining animal and mineral materials to create something better, its just ore and that road leads only to GK (also perhaps cave camp once g.nat is in). if your location has poor ore resources, it doesnt matter so much what animal/plant resources you have, the time to acquire those materials is minimal compared to how long the grind is and how valuable metals are. Anything that makes that grind shorter is quite valuable, so having the resources at your doorstep is the goal.

i'd love to see similar progression amongst animal materials, some way to refine all the animal materials, improving their stats (or perhaps specializing them) at the cost of quantity and time. maybe the best refined animal mats wont be as good as steel or cronite but maybe they come close at a similarly close amount of time investment.

would it make logical sense? perhaps not but what the fuck sense does making a sword out of teeth make?

-barcode

I actually like the idea of animal progression being a thing and never even considered that as altnernative would be awesome to see some sort of skinning/tanning profession to rival metals in the game for armor

Reactions: Teknique

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
I actually like the idea of animal progression being a thing and never even considered that as altnernative would be awesome to see some sort of skinning/tanning profession to rival metals in the game for armor
That would be interesting but why introduce more systems when better balanced may be achieved by couple simple changes in basic ores distribution.High-end materials located in GK are nice award for ambitious teams which will like to control it and steel should be just bread and butter and rather easy to get.

Reactions: agui and Putzin

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
It's not just about Saburra Powder and I believe you are aware of that. It's about the other resources contained, the nonsensical geology, and the native gear imbalance.

I'm curious to see what StarVault plans to add to the Morin Khur/Toxai/Moh Ki area that makes it a region competitive with its opposite corner. Right now, the West has Granum and Saburra all in one town (which is somehow OP if MK has it but not if another town has it), the only source of seadew, salvia, tindrem orchard access, easy spiders access, fast access to jungle resources through Canteri, the only Press in the game, access to better and more variety in pets, equal amount of nearby Trolls (and 2 more in the north), equal access to Calx or even better in some cases. The only thing this part of the map DOESN'T have is a close by dungeon or Risars. Personally I think there should be a nearby Risar camp given how the Rep system appears to work.

So yeah, there is a huge imbalance. This area already has a mirror of every resource the East has on top of having more unique standard resources. GK is its own beast that exists separate from everything else and imo is a huge balance issue as well but that's a different topic. Morin Khur, Toxai, and Moh Ki at this point in time are monstrous noob traps that are horrible starting areas if this game actually releases at the end of September. If people actually cared about balance, they could see that fact staring them in the face rather than worry about what may or may not appear sometime in 2023.

I am really not sure where you get the belief that Meduli is the best place for d
iirc the closest granum to meduli in mo1 was the giant boulder out near the meduli plains keep. maybe there were some closer but that was certainly the biggest supply near it.

if they removed granum from the desert biome entirely, it wouldnt be the end of the world. people are good at finding new and creative ways to get their resources.

-barcode

I would not mind this. It used to be a great source of PVP. With the change in map dimensions it would actually be pretty close to Meduli and offers an almost unlimited source of Granum. Not that I mine any Granum at Meduli anyway.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
So lets compare -

Meduli
Pros

Bor (If you are picking Bor.. you are doing it wrong)
Saburra
Granum (Not as much as you think)
SeaDew
Fountain (Makes it the best town)

Cons

Whitewood (The worst of the woods)
20 Mins to Calx
40-45 Mins to nearest Risars
20 mins to Spiders
Furthest blue town from GK and High end Resource
No Attractor

MK
Pros

Closest Blue town to GK (Not as good without the backdrop)
Good wood in abundance (Sponge,Dapple,Grey,Iron not too far away)
Granum
Calx within 10 minutes
Attractor
Risars

Cons

No Saburra (now)
Poor position due to narrow entry

I guess my question is, since Saburra is not that much of a deal (You can run 5 stacks of Sab powder over and be done for 60-70k Steel) What is the main issue? How did this little change turn one of the most popular towns into a shit heap?

Ultimately you get to chose where you want to be in this game. We will always be in Meduli regardless of what resources are close to it. We do not make steel here, we do it in Tindrem. We farm silk in Vadda and we make Cronite and Maalite in GK. I like this as it forces people out of town and then we make caravans to run expensive resources back to town as a Guild. If we could do everything inside Meduli then it would be a very boring game.

You have been in Fab, then GK and now MK. So you can always move to another town if it no longer suits your guild play. Or you can stay there and run resources from other towns like we do.

Last edited:

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
So lets compare -

Meduli
Pros

Bor (If you are picking Bor.. you are doing it wrong)
Saburra
Granum (Not as much as you think)
SeaDew
Fountain (Makes it the best town)

Cons

Whitewood (The worst of the woods)
20 Mins to Calx
40-45 Mins to nearest Risars
20 mins to Spiders
Furthest blue town from GK and High end Resource
No Attractor

MK
Pros

Closest Blue town to GK (Not as good without the backdrop)
Good wood in abundance (Sponge,Dapple,Grey,Iron not too far away)
Granum
Calx within 10 minutes
Attractor
Risars

Cons

No Saburra (now)
Poor position due to narrow entry

I guess my question is, since Saburra is not that much of a deal (You can run 5 stacks of Sab powder over and be done for 60-70k Steel) What is the main issue? How did this little change turn one of the most popular towns into a shit heap?

Ultimately you get to chose where you want to be in this game. We will always be in Meduli regardless of what resources are close to it. We do not make steel here, we do it in Tindrem. We farm silk in Vadda and we make Cronite and Maalite in GK. I like this as it forces people out of town and then we make caravans to run expensive resources back to town as a Guild. If we could do everything inside Meduli then it would be a very boring game.

You have been in Fab, then GK and now MK. So you can always move to another town if it no longer suits your guild play. Or you can stay there and run resources from other towns like we do.
You are talking about how easy is to get everything done with massive logistics being at major alliances disposal.
I would like to see basics like steel in hands of small groups without making them dependent on this game's "business sharks",lol.
Obviously this is just my opinion after playing MO1 with few rl friends for years before I co organized SLAV.

Last edited:

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
You are talking about how easy is to get everything done with massive logistics being at major alliances disposal.
I would like to see basics like steel in hands of small groups without making them dependent on this game's "business sharks",lol.
Obviously this is just my opinion after playing MO1 with just few rl friends for years before I co organized SLAV.

AC is a HUGE logistic organisation. Otherwise if you are smaller and want to pump steel you go to Tindrem.. like we do...

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
AC is a HUGE logistic organisation. Otherwise if you are smaller and want to pump steel you go to Tindrem.. like we do...
I like Tindrem and Meduli also the guild you are running is having positive impact in that area but I am just thinking about giving people a choice to have similar experience in much different scenery set up at very far corner of the map.I am not talking about making every place equal just one alternative to make more role-play possibilities for example.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
As i have gotten banned from mo2 discord I have to come here to express my immaculate ideas and opinions.

Kranesh nr 1 at launch
GK nr 1 few weeks after persistence

zers

Aug 4, 2021
PS: stop bitching and just move to meduli and fight koto for it if its that good. You guys even get pvp from that move

ValhallaRider

May 28, 2021
Its good change tbh.

It forces ppl to travel to get the ressource they want/need.
Guilds have to fight to take "control" over said ressources so more conflicts.
Carebears now have to get out of the safety of guarded towns to have their candies and risk their life.

Its all good, adapt or die.

Reactions: Kuthara and Rhias

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
Make people actually have to get of their lazy butts and move around the map for regional resources. No area should have easy access to everything required to produce Steel or above. When you chose the town you decide is going to be your home you should consider what resources are close and what your aims are as a player/guild.

The more people are pushed out to actually transport goods or trade the better. We for example have to go half way across the map for Calx. This means that we rarely make steel in Meduli but instead make it in other towns and then transport it back to our home town. This is awesome! I would not want it any other way otherwise there would be no reason to leave the town and its direct surroundings.

Another point to make is that the balance choice now is unlikely to be based on current design but rather the end design. MK may feature other resources that will bolster its desirability. For example in MO1 it had easy access to a Spider Queen, Black wood, Demons and it was the closest blue town to GK with a quick run to CC.

Currently MK also has very close access to Risars which are not present on the west side of the map at all. This is huge. I would not want it any other way because again I enjoy having to travel the map in order to farm these from Meduli.

Spread the resources out and make people have to actually leave their immediate areas.

All of this will change with TC and Keeps/Houses anyway.

I think one of the biggest issues is this "resource distribution" appears very late in the alpha and is rushed and badly done and only nerfing one area without adding anything else, even the saburra and calx textures are still on MK, now it just everything yields granum, its not even a fix, it looks like a rushed decision to just change "saburra" to "granum" on some specific MK nodes, very suspicious actually.

Also with many guilds already settled for months on specific towns this resource distribution should have been planned way early.

Let's say soon one month after persistence Saburra and seadew are removed from Meduli for "resources distribution" and replaced with a new material not appealing at all (if you are lucky, maybe they are just removed without replacement like on MK) and then you have to start thinking you might have to move your whole guild to other town, town you have been living whole alpha and you and your guys are confortable living in.

The issue here is this decision doesnt make any sense and is what should concern to other guilds, suddendly in next patch your guild could be the next one affected.

It would be good if SV explains for once what they have in mind with their distribution resources plan, right now the resources distribution is bullshit, the capitals, Tindrem and MK are worthless for resources gathering. And about the spider queen, demons, etc we still need to wait and see if that will be also the case on MO2 because on MO1 there was also saburra and calx on MK and now is gone, living on an area wont happen due future promises of resources and mobs, on Toxai there is also an empty Sheevra cave which still doesnt have anything. Calx was removed, now saburra, now MK only has granum and unlooteable razorbacks and bears stuck on the trees.

And with TC nothing will change, the issue here is why SV only removed saburra nodes from MK? maybe by some complains on Henrik stream?

Let's say then you build a keep in the middle of the western steppe with access to saburra, calx and granum and somebody complains that keep is too OP for steel, then SV removes some nodes from there?

That way of planning is crap honestly, I see it happening, there are 16 keep spots, map resources are more unbalanced than ever, weak guilds will go for non contested keeps with no resources nearby, then once settled down they will cry on a daily basis they dont have resources and same history will happen all over again.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
I think one of the biggest issues is this "resource distribution" appears very late in the alpha and is rushed and badly done and only nerfing one area without adding anything else, even the saburra and calx textures are still on MK, now it just everything yields granum, its not even a fix, it looks like a rushed decision to just change "saburra" to "granum" on some specific MK nodes, very suspicious actually.

Also with many guilds already settled for months on specific towns this resource distribution should have been planned way early.

Let's say soon one month after persistence Saburra and seadew are removed from Meduli for "resources distribution" and replaced with a new material not appealing at all (if you are lucky, maybe they are just removed without replacement like on MK) and then you have to start thinking you might have to move your whole guild to other town, town you have been living whole alpha and you and your guys are confortable living in.

The issue here is this decision doesnt make any sense and is what should concern to other guilds, suddendly in next patch your guild could be the next one affected.

It would be good if SV explains for once what they have in mind with their distribution resources plan, right now the resources distribution is bullshit, the capitals, Tindrem and MK are worthless for resources gathering. And about the spider queen, demons, etc we still need to wait and see if that will be also the case on MO2 because on MO1 there was also saburra and calx on MK and now is gone, living on an area wont happen due future promises of resources and mobs, on Toxai there is also an empty Sheevra cave which still doesnt have anything. Calx was removed, now saburra, now MK only has granum and unlooteable razorbacks and bears stuck on the trees.

And with TC nothing will change, the issue here is why SV only removed saburra nodes from MK? maybe by some complains on Henrik stream?

Let's say then you build a keep in the middle of the western steppe with access to saburra, calx and granum and somebody complains that keep is too OP for steel, then SV removes some nodes from there?

That way of planning is crap honestly, I see it happening, there are 16 keep spots, map resources are more unbalanced than ever, weak guilds will go for non contested keeps with no resources nearby, then once settled down they will cry on a daily basis they dont have resources and same history will happen all over again.
It is a little bit weird when players who's zerg is controlling area with all the resources necessary for steel production calling others "carebears,lazy asses"and asking them to join them and overcrowd that place even more:).

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
It is a little bit weird when players who's zerg is controlling area with all the resources necessary for steel production calling others "carebears,lazy asses"and asking them to join them and overcrowd that place even more:).

Actually I dont even think controlling "steel production" is a big thing. Its not a top tier material anyways.

Controlling Tungsteel/Cronite/Tindremic messing is more of a big deal than steel imo...

I dont see it so bad creating steel easily on Fabernum, MK, or even meduli, at the end of the day with 16 keep spots I guarantee you more than half of them will have guaranteed easy steel availability.

So from fabernum you need saburra trips, from Meduli you need calx trip, and if MK had granum and saburra you would need steppe lake calx trip, isnt it balanced? I see it balanced, fabernum to saburra is a bit longer than MK to calx but you need less saburra for steel and on MK you have to do more calx trips.

Anyways there are more things apart steel, for example mats for alchemy, plate scales, specific mobs for breeding/taming/dominators, chests/dungeons for magic schools, ofc all the north east top tier resources, ironsilk... complaining you can easily obtain saburra powder on MK is so silly right now compared to all the other materials available and of course not even close to MK I dont even see the point on those complains...

Reactions: Zbuciorn and Rhias

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Actually I dont even think controlling "steel production" is a big thing. Its not a top tier material anyways.

Controlling Tungsteel/Cronite/Tindremic messing is more of a big deal than steel imo...

I dont see it so bad creating steel easily on Fabernum, MK, or even meduli, at the end of the day with 16 keep spots I guarantee you more than half of them will have guaranteed easy steel availability.

So from fabernum you need saburra trips, from Meduli you need calx trip, and if MK had granum and saburra you would need steppe lake calx trip, isnt it balanced? I see it balanced, fabernum to saburra is a bit longer than MK to calx but you need less saburra for steel and on MK you have to do more calx trips.

Anyways there are more things apart steel, for example mats for alchemy, plate scales, specific mobs for breeding/taming/dominators, chests/dungeons for magic schools, ofc all the north east top tier resources, ironsilk... complaining you can easily obtain saburra powder on MK is so silly right now compared to all the other materials available and of course not even close to MK I dont even see the point on those complains...
I am focused on steel because I think metals are sexy:)and being base material for warriors it keeps the game in the frames of light-fantasy category instead going to much in the magic hocus-pocus crap direction.

Another story is that after stress test SV went rather silent not giving players clear info about postponing release and this sort of ninja changes like in the case of MK's sabura just add to the feeling of being not treated seriously as customers.

Also I do not understand why we have to overcrowd Meduli/Tindrem/Fab triangle in the first weeks after release.Having alternative like MK might be nice even personally I do not really like that place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morwen

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
I am focus on steel because I think metals are sexy:)and being base material for warriors it keeps the game in the frames of light-fantasy category instead going to much in the magic hocus-pocus crap direction.

Another story is that after stress test SV went rather silent not giving players clear info about postponing release and this sort of ninja changes like in the case of MK's sabura just add to the feeling of being not treated seriously as customers.

Also I do not understand why we have to overcrowd Meduli/Tindrem/Fab triangle in the first weeks after release.Having alternative like MK might be nice even personally I do not really like that place.

Yes, MK definitely needs now some improvements, after all is the khurite capital...

Reactions: Zbuciorn