Patch 0.1.4.5 Feedback

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
The way MO2 map is being designed now pushes every solo or small group players to go live in Meduli area.

Without protection of zerg there will be no point for independent groups to move basics like sabura powder across the whole map or
those players will never have opportunity to make steel and be forced to play builds which not require warrior gear.

Lol
Bullshit
You dont really think that

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
Are you sure of this? I do not remember any saburra around MK/Toxia.
It was added very very late in MO history when the pop died to help combat people leaving. With a big pop this won't be an issue and they can have it as they originally had with granum instead of sabura

• Angry
Reactions: agui

Piet

May 28, 2020
There are lots of positives to no Sabura in MK again. This will force people to travel which will raise the price of stone and encourage trade and when people have to travel it also helps encourage pvp. The only people upset about the change is people that were taking advantage that MK was the only city with all 3 types of rocks relatively close, an attractor, a furnace, and all in a city that won't be capturable with TC.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
There are lots of positives to no Sabura in MK again. This will force people to travel which will raise the price of stone
So that you are forced to trade with whoever lives in the middle, amirite?

• Wow
Reactions: Putzin

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
There are lots of positives to no Sabura in MK again. This will force people to travel which will raise the price of stone and encourage trade and when people have to travel it also helps encourage pvp. The only people upset about the change is people that were taking advantage that MK was the only city with all 3 types of rocks relatively close, an attractor, a furnace, and all in a city that won't be capturable with TC.
I think people are upset at abrupt changes to the game with trash excuses like oh we accidentally put 10000 saburra nodes in MK.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I think people are upset at abrupt changes to the game with trash excuses like oh we accidentally put 10000 saburra nodes in MK.
That we left there for the last 7-8 months or so, well beyond the original intended release date of the game too. Seems legit.

Reactions: Teknique

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
making steel from ore takes a metric fuckload of granum (or gabore) and a comparatively miniscule amount of saburra. the only conclusion i can come to is that the complaints about missing saburra are not about the saburra powder but the other mats you can get from it, perhaps jadeite or malachite(cuprum).

its actually encouraging to see SV willing to make changes and reevaluate resource distribution. these complaints now are what prevent henrik from having the courage to make any changes whatsoever, and is part of why MO1 stagnated so badly. as others have pointed out, just because a resource was somewhere in mo1 is not a valid reason to also have it there in mo2. help henrik/sv to have the courage to do whats best for the game and not succumb to decision paralysis because he fears the (temporary) backlash.

-barcode

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
making steel from ore takes a metric fuckload of granum (or gabore) and a comparatively miniscule amount of saburra. the only conclusion i can come to is that the complaints about missing saburra are not about the saburra powder but the other mats you can get from it, perhaps jadeite or malachite(cuprum).

its actually encouraging to see SV willing to make changes and reevaluate resource distribution. these complaints now are what prevent henrik from having the courage to make any changes whatsoever, and is part of why MO1 stagnated so badly. as others have pointed out, just because a resource was somewhere in mo1 is not a valid reason to also have it there in mo2. help henrik/sv to have the courage to do whats best for the game and not succumb to decision paralysis because he fears the (temporary) backlash.

-barcode
Tell me why you believe monopolies are better than competitive pricing.

Reactions: agui and Putzin

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

-barcode
The mistake was doing it in the first place and leaving it that way for so long.

Forcing guilds to uproot and change their plans, for what?

and the way I see it, the more acceptable places to live the better. GK online is trash and i'm sick of seeing the same ugly ass kids there.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Make people actually have to get of their lazy butts and move around the map for regional resources. No area should have easy access to everything required to produce Steel or above. When you chose the town you decide is going to be your home you should consider what resources are close and what your aims are as a player/guild.

The more people are pushed out to actually transport goods or trade the better. We for example have to go half way across the map for Calx. This means that we rarely make steel in Meduli but instead make it in other towns and then transport it back to our home town. This is awesome! I would not want it any other way otherwise there would be no reason to leave the town and its direct surroundings.

Another point to make is that the balance choice now is unlikely to be based on current design but rather the end design. MK may feature other resources that will bolster its desirability. For example in MO1 it had easy access to a Spider Queen, Black wood, Demons and it was the closest blue town to GK with a quick run to CC.

Currently MK also has very close access to Risars which are not present on the west side of the map at all. This is huge. I would not want it any other way because again I enjoy having to travel the map in order to farm these from Meduli.

Spread the resources out and make people have to actually leave their immediate areas.

All of this will change with TC and Keeps/Houses anyway.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
We got people on the same of being against MK having polar opposite views on one hand you’re like MO1 should not be a basis for MO2 (even though Henrik literally says that it is all the time) and then you got people like don’t worry guys MO1 had this stuff so will MO2 why would we ever rely on features yet to come or even confirmed by Henrik himself.

He’s never made any mention of a spider cave near MK and we already have 3 on the map. He’s never mentioned demons can only assume these are 6-8+ months away long after release and who know if they will be any good then maybe just a basic couple spawns like the sators.

The bottom line is ninja patching out all the Saburra that was in MK, not in the patch notes, and with no explanation has upset a lot of people who lived in the area. Obviously people who don’t live here don’t give a fuck or even like it because it only makes your area value go up since ours went down.

Calx is NOT inside MK you have to travel down a very very dangerous path just to get to a few nodes in the wide open plains. So really MK and Toxai only has Granum between them. Awesome.

Reactions: agui and Suttner

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
We got people on the same of being against MK having polar opposite views on one hand you’re like MO1 should not be a basis for MO2 (even though Henrik literally says that it is all the time) and then you got people like don’t worry guys MO1 had this stuff so will MO2 why would we ever rely on features yet to come or even confirmed by Henrik himself.

He’s never made any mention of a spider cave near MK and we already have 3 on the map. He’s never mentioned demons can only assume these are 6-8+ months away long after release and who know if they will be any good then maybe just a basic couple spawns like the sators.

The bottom line is ninja patching out all the Saburra that was in MK, not in the patch notes, and with no explanation has upset a lot of people who lived in the area. Obviously people who don’t live here don’t give a fuck or even like it because it only makes your area value go up since ours went down.

Calx is NOT inside MK you have to travel down a very very dangerous path just to get to a few nodes in the wide open plains. So really MK and Toxai only has Granum between them. Awesome.

What does this mean in the grand scheme of things? If you want to make Steel in MK you have to run a few stacks of Sab powder over? Is it not 5-7k Sab Powder for 10k Steel?

If you are looking for Jadeite then just run over, grab a few stacks from Med and run it back over. This is how I get steel or cronite when I need it. I guess my confusion here is that the outburst in regards to the removal far outweighs the issue.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Giving the south and eastern sections of the map more than one choice for either trade or self-acquisition of mid-tier materials (Steel, jade) is not a bad thing for balance. That is a good thing.

Bone armor and flakestone are low-tier materials, the most basic low-risk you would use. Any lesser and you're just trolling. Steel and Jade being the mid-tier means they are the baseline for what is considered "ok" or "good". Personally I don't even like that the high-tier materials are condensed to one corner of map and think that should be adjusted but fat chance of that happening. Creating a stranglehold on mid-tier materials to make the situation even more inaccessible to players is baffling. It feels like the only people who celebrate knee-capping half the map do so out of greed.

If anything, it'd make sense to mirror the map and have saburra either between Mk and moh ki or in moh ki to reflect tindrem and meduli but idk if they would change that or if it would fit the geology. I've made my opinion clear many times that due to the size of the map and out of respect for people's time that more cities should be made better, not worse (at the very least until we have working TC and housing) and that includes more than just MK. 3 Major cities still don't even have a furnace. We need less noob traps that new players leaving haven will find themselves in only for people to go "lol that place sucks, move to meduli".

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Giving the south and eastern sections of the map more than one choice for either trade or self-acquisition of mid-tier materials (Steel, jade) is not a bad thing for balance. That is a good thing.

Bone armor and flakestone are low-tier materials, the most basic low-risk you would use. Any lesser and you're just trolling. Steel and Jade being the mid-tier means they are the baseline for what is considered "ok" or "good". Personally I don't even like that the high-tier materials are condensed to one corner of map and think that should be adjusted but fat chance of that happening. Creating a stranglehold on mid-tier materials to make the situation even more inaccessible to players is baffling. It feels like the only people who celebrate knee-capping half the map do so out of greed.

If anything, it'd make sense to mirror the map and have saburra either between Mk and moh ki or in moh ki to reflect tindrem and meduli but idk if they would change that or if it would fit the geology. I've made my opinion clear many times that due to the size of the map and out of respect for people's time that more cities should be made better, not worse (at the very least until we have working TC and housing) and that includes more than just MK. 3 Major cities still don't even have a furnace. We need less noob traps that new players leaving haven will find themselves in only for people to go "lol that place sucks, move to meduli".

I just think the response far outweighs the issue. What does this mean exactly now you do not have Sab on your doorstep? You have to travel in order to get some. You make one trip, bring back 5 stacks of sab powder. That is enough for 60K+ Steel. Is it really that bad? The resource should not come to you, you should go to the resource.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I just think the response far outweighs the issue. What does this mean exactly now you do not have Sab on your doorstep? You have to travel in order to get some. You make one trip, bring back 5 stacks of sab powder. That is enough for 60K+ Steel. Is it really that bad? The resource should not come to you, you should go to the resource.
It's not just about Saburra Powder and I believe you are aware of that. It's about the other resources contained, the nonsensical geology, and the native gear imbalance.

I'm curious to see what StarVault plans to add to the Morin Khur/Toxai/Moh Ki area that makes it a region competitive with its opposite corner. Right now, the West has Granum and Saburra all in one town (which is somehow OP if MK has it but not if another town has it), the only source of seadew, salvia, tindrem orchard access, easy spiders access, fast access to jungle resources through Canteri, the only Press in the game, access to better and more variety in pets, equal amount of nearby Trolls (and 2 more in the north), equal access to Calx or even better in some cases. The only thing this part of the map DOESN'T have is a close by dungeon or Risars. Personally I think there should be a nearby Risar camp given how the Rep system appears to work.

So yeah, there is a huge imbalance. This area already has a mirror of every resource the East has on top of having more unique standard resources. GK is its own beast that exists separate from everything else and imo is a huge balance issue as well but that's a different topic. Morin Khur, Toxai, and Moh Ki at this point in time are monstrous noob traps that are horrible starting areas if this game actually releases at the end of September. If people actually cared about balance, they could see that fact staring them in the face rather than worry about what may or may not appear sometime in 2023.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
I wonder if the granum around Meduli is a mistake as well? @Herius
iirc the closest granum to meduli in mo1 was the giant boulder out near the meduli plains keep. maybe there were some closer but that was certainly the biggest supply near it.

if they removed granum from the desert biome entirely, it wouldnt be the end of the world. people are good at finding new and creative ways to get their resources.

-barcode

Reactions: Rorry

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Tell me why you believe monopolies are better than competitive pricing.
noone has a monopoly on the desert biome. nice strawman

The mistake was doing it in the first place and leaving it that way for so long.
Forcing guilds to uproot and change their plans, for what?
and the way I see it, the more acceptable places to live the better. GK online is trash and i'm sick of seeing the same ugly ass kids there.
i agree, having known incorrect resource placement for a long time is like a festering wound, but better to fix it and cure the infection rather than just add more bandaids on top and try to forget its there. if SV is doing this for what they feel is the 'correct' balance of resource distribution, then at least their heart is in the right place. Whether or not it actually results in a better game is another matter and certainly worthy of debate. arguing that change is bad because its change is an invalid argument.

i think at least part of why a lot of people feel the resource distribution is poor is that there is no alternative to metals. there is no animal materials progression, no refining of animal mats, no combining animal and mineral materials to create something better, its just ore and that road leads only to GK (also perhaps cave camp once g.nat is in). if your location has poor ore resources, it doesnt matter so much what animal/plant resources you have, the time to acquire those materials is minimal compared to how long the grind is and how valuable metals are. Anything that makes that grind shorter is quite valuable, so having the resources at your doorstep is the goal.

i'd love to see similar progression amongst animal materials, some way to refine all the animal materials, improving their stats (or perhaps specializing them) at the cost of quantity and time. maybe the best refined animal mats wont be as good as steel or cronite but maybe they come close at a similarly close amount of time investment.

would it make logical sense? perhaps not but what the fuck sense does making a sword out of teeth make?

-barcode

Reactions: Piet and Teknique