Off-hand torches

Darran

May 28, 2020
Please make torches work like shields in combat so that you wont hit people with them and make them stay in your hand out of combat mode.

They work like MO 1 now where we always had one guy just carry a torch in the group as you can't really fight with a torch and you are forced to run in combat mode.

Thank you

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Please make torches work like shields in combat so that you wont hit people with them and make them stay in your hand out of combat mode.

They work like MO 1 now where we always had one guy just carry a torch in the group as you can't really fight with a torch and you are forced to run in combat mode.

Thank you
A million times this! The way they implemented them in first game was like worst possible way mechanically. I can't believe that wasn't an obvious change for them to make this time around.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
A million times this! The way they implemented them in first game was like worst possible way mechanically. I can't believe that wasn't an obvious change for them to make this time around.
I think I saw Henrik or Seb arguing in discord that it was intended to have a designated torch carrier

Herius

Administrator
May 28, 2020

Thank you
It will come with dual wield, shields are a special case of their own.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
It will come with dual wield, shields are a special case of their own.
I think the normal dual wield is exactly what players don't want. You neither want to be able to stab with a torch, nor do you want to slash with it.
Players want the torch in the hand, without it being used for combat. So for attacks just like a shield.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think the normal dual wield is exactly what players don't want. You neither want to be able to stab with a torch, nor do you want to slash with it.
Players want the torch in the hand, without it being used for combat. So for attacks just like a shield.
Agreed. At one stage in MO1 the torch was treated just like another weapon by the game mechanics which was a pain. Then it got changed so that it would never swing if held in the offhand while the main hand held a weapon, which was great.

I hope MO2 follows what MO1 had with respect to torches. Treat torches like shields like what @Rhias said.

Reactions: Darran and Rhias

Darran

May 28, 2020

This so much and keeping it in hand when out of combat

D

Dracu

Agree, torches are not weapons... they are a light source... if they realllllyyyyy have to be considered as weapons then they should deal appropriate damage atleast.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Agreed. At one stage in MO1 the torch was treated just like another weapon by the game mechanics which was a pain. Then it got changed so that it would never swing if held in the offhand while the main hand held a weapon, which was great.

I hope MO2 follows what MO1 had with respect to torches. Treat torches like shields like what @Rhias said.
I dont remember it being changed in MO1? It was always dual wield

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Agree, torches are not weapons... they are a light source... if they realllllyyyyy have to be considered as weapons then they should deal appropriate damage atleast.
Maybe SV could make it so that depending on the material it is made out of it will deal more or less blunt damage, or fire damage even.

But I'm joining in the consensus that torches should never swing or be treated as a weapon in the first place, unless held in the main hand.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Yeah it is dual wield, however when equipped in the offhand in MO1 it will never swing when you have a weapon in the main hand. It was changed that way quite a few years ago if I remember correctly.
Im pretty sure that never changed lol It was requested for years tho.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020

Thank you
mate HAVE YOU EVER gotten HIT by a heavy metal lit torch? it HURTS why would you NOT be able to use it as a weapon in this game??

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Thank you
No no no. Let's add Lanterns that can be used passively by equipping one to your side. The 1 guy holding the torch in groups i always hated that in Mo1. (Add Lantern Item Slot to Mo2)

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Yes, also other sources of light would be welcome as well.

But this seems like a pretty straight forward solution for now.
Solution for now. But in the future we want Lanterns that light up the area by being placed on ground or by passively being equipped to the side of player via a Lantern Item slot. That way groups don't require a extra dummy who stands with a torch.