Oddity with the Conflux package. "lifetime" sub to MO1.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
So the conflux package has a few things you get when you purchase it, and one of these things is a supposed life-time subscription to MO1.

-However- there is one massive issue. Henrik himself said that MO1 servers will be shutting down once MO2 starts persistence. I am no lawyer but isn't this some sort of false advertising? Or is there some other information im missing here? This feels like a bait and switch. "Here, have a lifetime sub to our first game *giggles and shuts down servers* oh yeah, i guess you can just sub to the new one now. At least you got that free month of sub right?"

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
So the conflux package has a few things you get when you purchase it, and one of these things is a supposed life-time subscription to MO1.

-However- there is one massive issue. Henrik himself said that MO1 servers will be shutting down once MO2 starts persistence. I am no lawyer but isn't this some sort of false advertising? Or is there some other information im missing here? This feels like a bait and switch. "Here, have a lifetime sub to our first game *giggles and shuts down servers* oh yeah, i guess you can just sub to the new one now. At least you got that free month of sub right?"

You misunderstand the meaning of this lifetime sub and StarVault should remove it from their website. I bought the lifetime sub in December 2019 and really got at least 16 months of play time. This has been a very good investment for me at that time. But meanwhile the conflux package makes no more sense.

Btw, lifetime subscription does not mean you personal lifetime but the lifetime of the game. And it has been pretty clear from the beginning that MO1 will be shut down with release of MO2.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
You misunderstand the meaning of this lifetime sub and StarVault should remove it from their website. I bought the lifetime sub in December 2019 and really got at least 16 months of play time. This has been a very good investment for me at that time. But meanwhile the conflux package makes no more sense.

Btw, lifetime subscription does not mean you personal lifetime but the lifetime of the game. And it has been pretty clear from the beginning that MO1 will be shut down with release of MO2.
Hey if this is all well known and nothin fucky is going on im all good. Just wanted to get some confirmation and clarification. I still believe that it is disingenuous for them to offer the lifetime sub without telling you in the same breath that MO1 dies once MO2 launches. I purchased the conflux package months ago and only just now learned from their stream that MO1 would end in such a manner. That is my issue.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yeah, the value of this decreases every day and it probably is not even worth mentioning now.

As Xunila pointed out, it has always been made clear that the two games will not be persistent at the same time.

However there was a $1000 package during MO that gave life time access that carries over to MO2.

The distinction between the two was also made clear early on.

So it really is nothing fishy. Just added value that has greatly diminished since the time it was introduced.

Also note that the $39 option was added more recently. Which no longer includes lifetime sub of MO1.

Last edited:

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I don't believe putting it in the FAQ is good enough when you are selling such a package. It's good to know that you guys knew about this way back when things started but I did not, as I purchased the conflux package after reading all it had to offer. This is the issue, it did not state that MO1 was going to have such a short lifespan, and that makes it disingenuous in my book. All I want them to do is go fix the package details so that people know what they are actually purchasing.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I don't believe putting it in the FAQ is good enough when you are selling such a package. It's good to know that you guys knew about this way back when things started but I did not, as I purchased the conflux package after reading all it had to offer. This is the issue, it did not state that MO1 was going to have such a short lifespan, and that makes it disingenuous in my book. All I want them to do is go fix the package details so that people know what they are actually purchasing.

I actually can see people being confused by that.

And do agree that it could be noted at the package descriptions.

Reactions: Fisher(Sath)

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020

Short lifespan?
errrr, I get what you actually mean. But lol.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Short lifespan?
errrr, I get what you actually mean. But lol.
Yes I understand that the game is pretty old, but the package itself, how long has that been offered? maybe 10% of the games lifespan? Sure its a value deal but roughly 2 years is not what anyone would equate to a "lifetime" sub.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Yes I understand that the game is pretty old, but the package itself, how long has that been offered? maybe 10% of the games lifespan? Sure its a value deal but roughly 2 years is not what anyone would equate to a "lifetime" sub.
The donations have been there at least for 8? 9? years.

But yes, they should edit them. If it even CAN get misconstrued it shouldn't be there.