OCE/SEA players are at a major disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Eastern european market is bigger than you think I believe. Also countries like russia and turkey are EU adjacent. But it´s neither here nor there in the end since we are not the ones earning our living on the success of MO2.

As I explained above, someone has to have the disadvantage in a one server game. Deal with it.

I don´t really know why I would want that since I´ll probably play with a bunch of US players. And I main mage. So ... No? Any suggestion I made has had this in mind. I mean your hole stik is based on me supporting animation limitation to prevent shitty looking animation abuse. Which you argue is a valid "system". You literally argue that abusing the games graphics to the point where they break is a valid way of designing a competetive game. I mean ... uff
If you want to fix the animations then make that suggestion, but if you want a turn cap it means you want to break the game. There is no alternative, they are...absolutes.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
If you want to fix the animations then make that suggestion, but if you want a turn cap it means you want to break the game. There is no alternative, they are...absolutes.

From my understanding they are connected. If you turn to fast and especially in combination with up/down movement (back breaking animation) it will look shit. If they could fix this without a turn cap I´d be fine with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teknique

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Lets not kid ourselves, East NA would be the ideal one world server location, Id rather trade West Coast NA + SA for East Europe and the middle east lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Teknique

Pierre

Sep 7, 2020
by your logic it would be more rational to have the server in US east, to capture US west, us east and western Europe. Since eastern europe market doesn't matter.

I actually don't care to have an advantage, I just don't want to have a disadvantage.

I agree with you on the last point, but from my point of view you only want to cement the EU advantage, destroy group combat and all other systems of MO, not make anything better. Again we'll have to wait to see what this magic mechanic that supposed to make everything ok will be.
Disagree. There are a lot of gamers from Eastern Europe, primarily Poland and Russia. Keeping the server in Europe will also allow for better latency to the Chinese audience if that is to be considered.

The thing is, there are many more countries affected in Europe if a server is to be moved to North America, whereas keeping the server in Europe affects significantly less countries in the Americas. You need to have an open mind and think about the rest of the world, not just yourself.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Disagree. There are a lot of gamers from Eastern Europe, primarily Poland and Russia. Keeping the server in Europe will also allow for better latency to the Chinese audience if that is to be considered.

The thing is, there are many more countries affected in Europe if a server is to be moved to North America, whereas keeping the server in Europe affects significantly less countries in the Americas. You need to have an open mind and think about the rest of the world, not just yourself.
The server location is only a discussion for me due to the huge imbalance the server check is causing. Fix that and it could be located in actual poland for all I care.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

who cares about number of countries, the US alone is almost the size of Europe lmao

Kobalt

Aug 29, 2020
who cares about number of countries, the US alone is almost the size of Europe lmao

No joke, I doubt very much there are a lot of turkish MO players lol. Not having an NA server is just business scene all around./
and how many chinese players were in MO1? The fact is the biggest population was always in NA and in EU timezone there was barely any action

I don't know why people argue for a sole server in europe. Haven't people learned from MO1? While latency wasn't the sole cause of the inevitable failure of MO1, it was a considerably factor. The definition of insanity is repeating your same mistakes over and over again and expecting a different result. Everyone still remembers MO1, the crappy performance, the jank, the security breaches, etc. This stuff is immortalized on the internet. The devs need to think long and hard and make good decisions on the overall health of the game and put aside any biases (let us not forget the voip recordings with henrik smack talking americans).

Reactions: RaptorBlackz
Status
Not open for further replies.