Not so sure about this wolf armor.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

It just does not seem like it would be very effective.

For example the metal fang seems like it would hinder the wolves ability to actually bite.

The armor leaves vital organs like the heart and lungs mostly unprotected. Leaving a pretty good openings for archer kill shots.

The throat and eyes are also pretty open to slashing and piercing weapons.

Having the head like that would probably not be very effective either.

Heavy blunt damage would surly still be effective on the head.

Possibly even crushing some of the edgy parts right into the animal.

And piercing/slashing damage probably would not be very effective on the head/skull anyway.

I won't even comment on those leg things.

Maybe its just me. But this just looks like they are putting armor on just for show. Kind of like female armor in many games.

Last edited:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Real K9 armor looks like that. Maybe it curves around the chest more?

Here is one for reference (if it will link here)

It wraps around the body covering the major organs much better.

Leaving just a small opening at the legs to allow for mobility.

This also does not address my issues with the leg and head pieces.

I have seen helmets for dogs. However they mostly seem to be protection for the eyes and skull.

This piece however does not look like it would be effective at protecting either.

Their armor looks more like a saddle or something decorative than a useful piece of armor.

But I guess that is ok. It really does not have to actually work.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The armor leaves vital organs like the heart and lungs mostly unprotected. Leaving a pretty good openings for archer kill shots.
I should be able to 1 hit cut horses legs off as they ride by because the horse armor doesnt cover them.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I should be able to 1 hit cut horses legs off as they ride by because the horse armor doesnt cover them.
I think leg armor would make more sense on the horse than it does the wolf.

But it would still be easier to hit a vital area if they was open.

The issue with the vitals not being covered is because they would be the choice target for an attack.

Deer-Shot-Placement-Guide.jpg

It just seems logical that armor would be made to protect the areas that are most vital for survival.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I think we’re missing the forest for the trees. Sure, does what you’re saying make sense? Yes. Should anyone have the capacity to care with the state of the game and development team? No