Night Duration

D

Deleted member 44

Please reduce the night cycle duration. I feel like I'm constantly playing in darkness.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
ye need more sun. I'm depressed.
It just occurred to me that Star Vault is in Sweden. That means a long, long night might seem normal to the Devs. But I digress.

Isn't the day to night ratio in Mortal Online 2 already something like 8/3 (two hours to forty-five minutes)?

I know I might be wrong, but someone will correct me if I am. :)

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It just occurred to me that Star Vault is in Sweden. That means a long, long night might seem normal to the Devs. But I digress.

Isn't the day to night ratio in Mortal Online 2 already something like 8/3 (two hours to forty-five minutes)?

I know I might be wrong, but someone will correct me if I am. :)
Its on a summer schedule sun rises at 3:30 am in game and goes down at about 9pm.

Also its barely even dark at night, the sky gets a little blacker...

I think the only way night time could be more forgiving than it is currently, is by removing it entirely....people man

Last edited:
Reactions: Bloodterst
D

Deleted member 44

Its on a summer schedule sun rises at 3:30 am in game and goes down at about 9pm.

I think the only way night time could be more forgiving than it is currently, is by removing it entirely....people man
Sounds great

wpmaura

Oct 19, 2021
theres night in this game? what happened to the darkness of the first one, nights a joke now dont even need a torch

Reactions: Raknor

Pech

Sep 5, 2021

I’m a bit late to the party but we have night vision during the test don’t we? I remember footage from the previous combat beta being super dark during nights. I’m wondering when the night time will go back to that

I feel like we need better alternatives to just torches. They light basicly nothing around you and are kind of annoying in the side of your screen. They could be tweaked then we could go back to pitch black nights

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I’m a bit late to the party but we have night vision during the test don’t we? I remember footage from the previous combat beta being super dark during nights. I’m wondering when the night time will go back to that

I feel like we need better alternatives to just torches. They light basicly nothing around you and are kind of annoying in the side of your screen. They could be tweaked then we could go back to pitch black nights
I don’t think it will.

the complaining meta ensured that

Reactions: Moored

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Now that the server doesn't restart every day I hope they do a timing system so that it's not always the same time of day at the same time IRL. Like if I get 5am-6am every morning to play I would hate if it was always the same time of day especially night time. Instead throughout the week maybe it so happens that 3/7 days that time slot ends up being night time but the other 4 days it's day time.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Given the two massive moons, I like how it is bright and therefore immersive. That said, I'm hoping that when proper weather effects are implemented such as proper cloud cover, that there are times where moonlight doesn't help light the scene and the nights are darker. This way, we have use for the clade gifts, torches etc outside of caves/dungeons (without being overbearing)

wpmaura

Oct 19, 2021
Given the two massive moons, I like how it is bright and therefore immersive. That said, I'm hoping that when proper weather effects are implemented such as proper cloud cover, that there are times where moonlight doesn't help light the scene and the nights are darker. This way, we have use for the clade gifts, torches etc outside of caves/dungeons (without being overbearing)

I was hoping it was darker, but on a solid full moon where I live its about that bright, and I can see two massive moons making it look like that, now having the clouds interupt that light wood awesome sauce, is that even in the cards?

D

Deleted member 44

Everyone just boosts gamma when it's dark. Completely defeats the purpose of the night cycle making it more of an annoyance than a feature.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Everyone just boosts gamma when it's dark. Completely defeats the purpose of the night cycle making it more of an annoyance than a feature.
This question has gone 'round a couple times already, I'm sure, but:

Didn't SV say they were able to make darkness that gamma boosting wouldn't 'fix'? Or did they say they couldn't? Or did they say they would not?

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
This question has gone 'round a couple times already, I'm sure, but:

Didn't SV say they were able to make darkness that gamma boosting wouldn't 'fix'? Or did they say they couldn't? Or did they say they would not?

Pitch black is gamma proof, but then everyone complains its pitch black

Reactions: Najwalaylah