Next Gen Mortal

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
XD, but thx good is integration from UE4 easier to UE5 than from UE3 to UE4.
But it will Release, in 2021 so maybe something changes maybe not.

I imagine Henrik doing his hands behind his head and resign on the Community once at for all. xD

• Haha
Reactions: Kuroi

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
UE5 will be backwards compatible with UE4 projects, to a degree. So making the jump between engines shouldn't be as problematic, compared to jumping from UE3.5 to UE4, Less complete system rebuilds required.

I wouldn't imagine SV making the jump right away in 2021, Unreal engines always are pretty unstable for 1- 2 years after their initial release, until systems and development tools are refined to a stable level.

Last edited:

Crewe

I just want to clear things out for people that keep bringing this up.

I quote...

"Kallus Valk":

"No need to. Several of the features are already in 4.24 and as cited: "We’re designing for forward compatibility, so you can get started with next-gen development now in UE4 and move your projects to UE5 when ready."

"You should probably think of UE5 as an update to UE4 rather than a completely redone engine like UE4 was to UE3 was to UE2."

"If it is as they say, that it will be forward compatible, it means that a lot of the code base is the same. They even mentioned porting Fortnite to it."

"But this is just my "guess" based on what they are saying. Good thing is that we should be able to look at it as an option as soon as it is production ready."

Reactions: stefco

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I just want to clear things out for people that keep bringing this up.

I quote...

"Kallus Valk":

"No need to. Several of the features are already in 4.24 and as cited: "We’re designing for forward compatibility, so you can get started with next-gen development now in UE4 and move your projects to UE5 when ready."

"You should probably think of UE5 as an update to UE4 rather than a completely redone engine like UE4 was to UE3 was to UE2."

"If it is as they say, that it will be forward compatible, it means that a lot of the code base is the same. They even mentioned porting Fortnite to it."

"But this is just my "guess" based on what they are saying. Good thing is that we should be able to look at it as an option as soon as it is production ready."
Good info.

Reactions: stefco