Nerf Veela

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
You do slow, even if the UI doesn't reflect that.

Dude stop reaching you can see that he doesnt lose any form of momentum. As a point I want to see you do the same movement on foot in your front yard. Get to a dead sprint, turn 180 deg and keep going, without losing ANY momentum.

There is a good test. You can do it easy in your yard and you can repeat it in game. I know my college cone drill time from 27 years ago, and it was 7.22s. I also ran the 40yd dash in 4.8s.

Last edited:

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
Dude stop reaching you can see that he doesnt lose any form of momentum. As a point I want to see you do the same movement on foot in your front yard. Get to a dead sprint, turn 180 deg and keep going, without losing ANY momentum.

There is a good test. You can do it easy in your yard and you can repeat it in game. I know my college cone drill time from 27 years ago, and it was 7.22s. I also ran the 40yd dash in 4.8s.
Agree to disagree I guess. I set up the cones in my yard and ran it in 7.14s. Also my 40yd dash was 4.79. So I guess that means I'm actually right and your opinion is invalidated.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Agree to disagree I guess. I set up the cones in my yard and ran it in 7.14s. Also my 40yd dash was 4.79. So I guess that means I'm actually right and your opinion is invalidated.
ok.... son... ok.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Why is this a shocker? In every game speed / mobility is king. You can blame Henrik for listening to those that make him feel good at night. He develops around these kind of people with steady decline of players.

Now, with that said they shouldn't focus on balance. They should focus on fixing bugs that just completely ruin somebodies day.

Lets nerf mounts now since mobility is a problem in the game and I'll play again 2025 when no bugs and games balanced.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Veelas need to be smacked in the face with that big ol' orange fuzzy nerf bat.
Watch all the griefers QQ and reroll 😂

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I was gonna tell you guys this, which is my opinion. I think the STOP or SLOW dude is referring to is the ACT OF TURNING lol. But yea as someone who, if nothing else, is good at running around in circles as a veela and messing w/ people, I can say they def have some agility. I don't think they need to be nerfed tho. You need to try it out yourself. The low dmg you give and high dmg you get DOES matter. Stout veela should be slower, a bit, but it'd still be faster than any other race.

Game is actually funny to play w/ speed. Those shouts are stupid imo. But stam, speed, nah, the reason vids are veela is because veela gets good points and it's a good jack of all trade build. Being able to disengage, same w/ mounts, is always gonna be a pvp vid plus. Plus plus, haven't watched a vid in a min but it wasn't all veelas last I saw.

@ Above, nah veela is THE grief char. haha. It's just a fine balance where you have to have them strong enough to outplay and out poke people if they get in a small scale or 1v1 but stay away from just facing people up. I've taken many Ls trying to fight 200 HP people w/ my 165 veela. Getting hit for 45s while I hit them for 25s.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I was gonna tell you guys this, which is my opinion. I think the STOP or SLOW dude is referring to is the ACT OF TURNING lol. But yea as someone who, if nothing else, is good at running around in circles as a veela and messing w/ people, I can say they def have some agility. I don't think they need to be nerfed tho. You need to try it out yourself. The low dmg you give and high dmg you get DOES matter. Stout veela should be slower, a bit, but it'd still be faster than any other race.

Game is actually funny to play w/ speed. Those shouts are stupid imo. But stam, speed, nah, the reason vids are veela is because veela gets good points and it's a good jack of all trade build. Being able to disengage, same w/ mounts, is always gonna be a pvp vid plus. Plus plus, haven't watched a vid in a min but it wasn't all veelas last I saw.

@ Above, nah veela is THE grief char. haha. It's just a fine balance where you have to have them strong enough to outplay and out poke people if they get in a small scale or 1v1 but stay away from just facing people up. I've taken many Ls trying to fight 200 HP people w/ my 165 veela. Getting hit for 45s while I hit them for 25s.

Funny... but when the 25s you're hitting with is every other second vs that person hitting you for 45 every 5 seconds. So if we do a DPS race, you're more than doubling their DPS and they only have 20% more hit points. So they are going to lose that fight every time.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Disappointed latest patch did nothing to address how broken Veelas are. Is this the hill SV wants to die on?
New players getting griefed by 500 speed tiny hit box acrobats with predator vision?

Reactions: Xronim and Hodo

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Funny... but when the 25s you're hitting with is every other second vs that person hitting you for 45 every 5 seconds. So if we do a DPS race, you're more than doubling their DPS and they only have 20% more hit points. So they are going to lose that fight every time.
Veelas dont attack faster?
Disappointed latest patch did nothing to address how broken Veelas are. Is this the hill SV wants to die on?
New players getting griefed by 500 speed tiny hit box acrobats with predator vision?
You can grief a new player with a full sarducaan or insert worst possible race here

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
no joke , humans got left in the dirt. humans should outright be the best mages all other classes have a strong suit. str/con/dex/int should be for humans

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
No they dont but if you just hold W+A or W+D and shift while spam clicking you will whittle down your target, 10-16hp at a time. (This is through plate)
So you can't beat a gambling veela who hits you for 10-16 damage. Noted.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So you can't beat a gambling veela who hits you for 10-16 damage. Noted.

When they sprint away and heal for 40+ and then hide behind a tree and use magic to heal further. Yeah its pretty much the most toxic fight I have ever fought. I know because I did it on my Sheevra for a few months.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
no joke , humans got left in the dirt. humans should outright be the best mages all other classes have a strong suit. str/con/dex/int should be for humans

It should be Oghmir foot tank kings.
Thursar Foot DPS alpha damage kings.
Alvarin Speed kings
Humans Magic kings.

Reactions: Midas

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
This is an FPS/melee with no stun, speed is king. Kiting is king.

Dont even need a stun, need a slowdown mechanic or a stamina hit when you are hit.

Perhaps make that a function of armor.

Lighter armor less of a stamina hit than heavier armor, thus giving a balance to the two.

Take more health damage but dont lose stamina when hit, or take more stamina when hit but less health.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

nah you need an epic charge or a parry smack to get a good 25 on a decent armor person w/ a sword and a 9% veela. (either stout min or lean max.) The thing is, stuff doesn't work out like that... that's why banger weps are good cuz even tho you can dps someone theoretically, them knowing they can take hits and you knowing you can't just changes things. IMO at least. 165 v 208 hp or w/e.

But like I said people underrated veela mobility. I think doods who say I sux at MO2 need to at least give me credit for my movement, esp once I realize how the other person is moving, but that comes from other strafing games I guess hue. But yea the speed is def something you can't have elsewhere, especially with gifts + good points. The armor wt and all that doesn't matter, but veelas just get hit harder in general.

Getting smashed tho does affect your psyche. You don't even wanna get in close to people w/ hammers or true axes imo.

Edit:

Dont even need a stun, need a slowdown mechanic or a stamina hit when you are hit.

Perhaps make that a function of armor.

Lighter armor less of a stamina hit than heavier armor, thus giving a balance to the two.

Take more health damage but dont lose stamina when hit, or take more stamina when hit but less health.

^ I also think they need to majorly buff stam, but they need to change how it regens, change the way it works at low stam, and change it so that actions take more stam so that if you can keep forcing someone to act, you can bleed them out and keep them low on stam. That's one thing I've noticed in MO2 is being stammed isn't that big of a deal (esp as a veela w/ RP haha.) I mean, if you buff the bar and then start making it affect people's ability to NOT GET SPRINT BROKEN, ability to hit for max, etc etc... as they start getting v low... people should be able to squeak out on no stam if they make a good play, but in general I think sitting at 10-20% stam should be discouraged.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I'm of the opinion that the alvarin warcry clade needs to go, it needs to be something else because the 10% stacking speed buff is just not it.

I play a sheevra and I dont like it, maybe give the warcry something else. Momentum based damage increase on the next attack? Heck, i'd take a PVE de-aggro warcry over the speed buff, it just becomes too dominating in what dictates fights. And more than anything its the single biggest thing that makes other races less valuable. Generally being a little bit faster than everyone else is strong, but being able to make everyone in a group faster than a different group when they dont have the same clade off cooldown is just bad.