50% Fall Reduction Clade - BROKEN
50% Chance to not use reagents - BROKEN
Active Speed Clades - BROKEN
Jump with weapon out - BROKEN
+20 Str for Bows - BROKEN
Smallest hit box in the game - BROKEN
Literally able to see through walls - BROKEN
Stand still stamina regen clade - BROKEN

Between this and the Oghmir IDK what's worse.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ok lets be real for a second, being able to jump with your weapon out shouldn't need to be a clade gift. Not sure why they decided to paste the shitty inability to jump in combat mode over from MO1. It made 0 sense. Everyone should be able to jump in combat mode.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
honestly the only clade that isnt brokenly stronk is human. ive played human mostly in beta and sheevra melee now (i know i know) and i can definitely say sheevra melee is so much better than the magic based humans (tindrem/sarducaan) just from the speed and clade gifts alone.

alvarin are absolutely broken in dungeons/indoors/places like kranesh.
oghmir have bows that are capable of chunking people in carapace armor and free potions.
thursars are gimmicky but have free regen, the swing out of stam gift and can get huge damage for a bit.
humans have a cleanse/magic armor (alv have magic armor gift also) and free stats that dont add too much outside of hybrid builds.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
humans , pitiful creatures... youd think with the magic clades on the human they would actually be the best mage but they arent... they should be humans should be all round the smartest intellectualls in the game. i dunno why it isnt this way, it looks like its suppose to be set up this way.

thursar - strongest/hits hardest
Elfguy - fastest / highest crits
fathairyguy - tankiest / best armor
human - most intellectual / best mage

but infact it is more like this

Thursar - hits through block
elfguy- fastest / highest crits / best mage class
fathairyguy- ugliest/tankiest/ hits almost on par with thursar if not more but doesnt get health vamp
Human - i can be anything just shit at them all.

Reactions: Runaljod

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
humans , pitiful creatures... youd think with the magic clades on the human they would actually be the best mage but they arent... they should be humans should be all round the smartest intellectualls in the game. i dunno why it isnt this way, it looks like its suppose to be set up this way.

thursar - strongest/hits hardest
Elfguy - fastest / highest crits
fathairyguy - tankiest / best armor
human - most intellectual / best mage

but infact it is more like this

Thursar - hits through block
elfguy- fastest / highest crits / best mage class
fathairyguy- ugliest/tankiest/ hits almost on par with thursar if not more but doesnt get health vamp
Human - i can be anything just shit at them all.

Fathairyguy actually has the highest int cap. But since dex now matters on mounts they do suffer massively from the inability to max int, con, dex and psyche on the same build. It makes human builds way higher mana pool if you want enough dex to effectively control a horse or move at a slightly more hurried snail's pace once dismounted. And some of the human builds (particularly sidoian) come very close in terms of int cap.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I like alvarin as they are right now. They're not obscenely fast vs. other races but when you stack all their mobility options ontop of each other they become very strong for footie builds in rough terrain or near water (you forgot to mention they're the best swimmers). They definitely pay for it though. In a head-to-head fight they are just not that tough.

I think some of the other races should be considered for buffs. But alvarin don't need a nerf. We already went the route of nerfing their speed gifts until they were useless and it basically just made them a trash clade for a while. The buffs that took them from trash to good are actually not all that significant. Shows we're walking a very tight rope when it comes to Alvarin balance.

Reactions: Calcal

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
50% Fall Reduction Clade - BROKEN
50% Chance to not use reagents - BROKEN
Active Speed Clades - BROKEN
Jump with weapon out - BROKEN
+20 Str for Bows - BROKEN
Smallest hit box in the game - BROKEN
Literally able to see through walls - BROKEN
Stand still stamina regen clade - BROKEN

Between this and the Oghmir IDK what's worse.

100% but majority of players(griefers) play Veela and whine almost constantly to SV to buff them.

They are also the most annoying victims in MO2. If you manage to finally shoot one tiny hitbox with a bow running away they QQ on Discord and Henrik non-stop.- "Muh dmage bonus make it fair!"

Veela Online 2 is here to stay. One reason I won't play much. SV has always had a hard time with balance and this community is toxic for balance. Always lobbying to buff their desired playstyle. Majority play Veela.

In fact I place a small fraction of blaim for low pop on OP griefer Veelas because if you are non-pvp player it is near impossible to escape them.
Giving murderers the ultimate hunter class on foot.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
100% but majority of players(griefers) play Veela and whine almost constantly to SV to buff them.

They are also the most annoying victims in MO2. If you manage to finally shoot one with a bow running away they QQ on Discord and Henrik non-stop.- "Muh dmage bonus make it fair!"

Veela Online 2 is here to stay. One reason I won't play much. SV has always had a hard time with balance.

In fact I place a small fraction of blaim for low pop on OP griefer Veelas because if you are non-pvp player it is near impossible to escape them.
Giving murderers the ultimate hunter class on foot.

One of the issues behind this is mounted melee being absolute and utter trash. Alvarin are meant to be the masters of rough terrain but they should be pretty exposed if they fight in the open on flatter terrain. The thing is, mounted melee do not posses the damage to punish them for fighting in flat terrain which means they have a mobility advantage everywhere. It's less pronounced in flat terrain but really heavy cav should take a steamy, liquidy, garlic and onion scented dump on them if they're fighting somewhere like the steppe. They don't, because mounted melee crap on absolutely nothing and get crapped on by everything.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Veela is OP. Straight face. Been saying it. People laughed when I said their clade gifts are DUMB OP. But they are. They could be tuned pretty easily. Pretty sure Ogh is also OP.

The weapon jumping clade is ENORMOUSLY OP, but yea it probably should be something you can do on all chars, but since you can't, the fact you can on veela IS HUGE. Every time I'm not playing an alv I'm like fuhh. You don't really need the bow gifts, but once you get one of those little bastards w/ a long bow it's like aiye.

Like I said, rebalance clade stuff and make it more flavor than just BUFFS. But there are a lot of vet gifts in veela, like the wep out jump (not gonna get full use of that unless you understand how to play,) same w/ resting pulse... but the run shouts, long life, I dunno. Simple stuff they could fix tho, like I said make long life apply to elves over age x, so that the people who use it are gonna be people trying to snipe extra int or psyche and get some dex, not ended up with boosted meta stats.

The thing about veela is all their gifts thematically fit (more or less,) and they also address their weaknesses and buff their strength. They have a really good clade tree. Maybe otoh just make other one's better? But stuff like finally giving them bow str is a double edged sword, you can do work w/ a shorty, nobody is using asym prol w/ MA... but once you get that long bow your whole value changes as a veela.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Alvarin were in a rough spot before their speed clade got buffed. But I agree its very strong now.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Maybe otoh just make other one's better?

Precisely. If other clades aren't worth playing then they aren't getting enough bonuses for being slower. Like already mentioned, Alvarin have had very little in the way of buffs since they were considered worthless by most players for anything but dex mage. Take away their mobility advantages or tone them down even a little and we'll be right back in the same spot.

That doesn't mean you can't tone up other clades in ways other than mobility. Maybe start by making Khurites not absolute and complete garbage. It really doesn't help anything that the fastest non-alvarin build happens to be the worst race in the game with absolutely no builds it isn't dramatically outshined by another race in.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I am still wondering what the racial player numbers is looking like. Right now I am guessing it is something like this.

40% are Oghmir
30% are Alvarin
15% are Human
15% are Thursar

D

Deleted member 44

I like alvarin as they are right now. They're not obscenely fast vs. other races but when you stack all their mobility options ontop of each other they become very strong for footie builds in rough terrain or near water (you forgot to mention they're the best swimmers). They definitely pay for it though. In a head-to-head fight they are just not that tough.

I think some of the other races should be considered for buffs. But alvarin don't need a nerf. We already went the route of nerfing their speed gifts until they were useless and it basically just made them a trash clade for a while. The buffs that took them from trash to good are actually not all that significant. Shows we're walking a very tight rope when it comes to Alvarin balance.
You get 500+ speed with your clades. WTF are you talking about? No one that is not playing an Alvarin can catch you. Even if they could catch you, you regen stamina faster than they do.

D

Deleted member 44

I am still wondering what the racial player numbers is looking like. Right now I am guessing it is something like this.

40% are Oghmir
30% are Alvarin
15% are Human
15% are Thursar
I think this is a major reason for the balance issues. Henrik already said that he balances off the racial makeup of the game world. He said that most of the game is humans meaning that humans are the best. I shit you not.

Reactions: Runaljod

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
You get 500+ speed with your clades.

Temporarily. Without blowing your cooldowns or using terrain you're only marginally faster than other clades. For comparison I just checked my speed trotting on a horse without maxed swift riding and I was doing 618. If mounted melee were a real threat alvarins would be less of one.

And if you're not willing to give them a footspeed advantage of some significance you may as well remove them from the game. Footspeed is what alvarins are designed to do. If we're mad they can temporarily hit 500+ when they blow cooldowns there is no point to them existing. So if we actually want them in the game at all, the question is, what could be given to other clades to justify not having a 500+ speedboost using fences, cliffs, water to escape fights.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I think this is a major reason for the balance issues. Henrik already said that he balances off the racial makeup of the game world. He said that most of the game is humans meaning that humans are the best. I shit you not.

Yeah, I remember when he said that. I about said bullshit in his stream but didnt feel like getting banned. 90% of the human characters are noobs who dont know any better. Just like people who try to use one handed swords.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
D

Deleted member 44

Temporarily. Without blowing your cooldowns or using terrain you're only marginally faster than other clades.
I have 447 combat speed on my Veela. My fighters are around 420. Please go on...

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I have 447 combat speed on my Veela. My fighters are around 420. Please go on...

420/447=0.939597315436

Ok so you move at about 94% of the speed of a Veela. What's your health, stam, and damage looking like?