Necromancy Primaries

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Spoken like someone who doesn't know how to play the game.
Spoken like someone who always saw dagger mages as free loot in 1500 hours on melee. There may be a handful of people in the whole of MO2 who don't completely suck as dagger mages. You must be completely delusional to think otherwise.

Should be a spear mage... lol
I'm seeing an increasing number of those btw. Soon people will realize that it's better to just be a proper hybrid.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Spoken like someone who always saw dagger mages as free loot in 1500 hours on melee. There may be a handful of people in the whole of MO2 who don't completely suck as dagger mages. You must be completely delusional to think otherwise.

I'm seeing an increasing number of those btw. Soon people will realize that it's better to just be a proper hybrid.

All a dagger mage and a spear mage is, is a fast hybrid. I mean hell my human MA has as much mana as most dex, dagger mages at 145.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
All a dagger mage and a spear mage is, is a fast hybrid. I mean hell my human MA has as much mana as most dex, dagger mages at 145.
There is no such thing as "fast hybrid" or "slow hybrid". An alvarin in steel/bloodsilk is as fast as someone in paper.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Dagger mages are trash and are only good to serve as a distraction. The build is basically a shitty workaround for people who want to play mage but don't want to be a healing battery. And a fact that a mage needs a dagger is hillarious by itself.

What are you talking about lol?

My dagger mage is

Daggers
Full tamer
Ecumenical
Spiritism

And the build is incredibly awesome. The dagger is a last ditch effort weapon..when all else fails sort of thing. Most of the time its sending a pet to attack while healing and laser beaming people to the dome with the speed to keep out of reach from footies.

Sorry this isnt a themepark game where you can 1 shot other players because you grinded 10k hours more than them. This game is supposed to be skill based, if you keep getting rekt by players in shit gear maybe you should git gud and stop relying on your zerg guild all the time.

What an asinine response lol. If you think there arent people that grind who also arent skilled you are sorely wrong. Maybe you should git good and wear better gear sonyou stop getting clapped by "ZeRgLiNgS" so often. The other day A group of you try hards were fighting us and your mages gear was so trash i killed him in 3 arrows. Maybe stop making builds specifically designed to 1v1 and swim/run away and play dedicated roles you can be a more effective and respectible force. Instead, majority of shitter groups all play the same copy pasted 1v1 builds in a game designed around the concept of large scale warfare then cry zerg when you get large scale warfared.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Most of the time its sending a pet to attack while healing
Let's just stop there. It's only awesome because it has pets. Staying out of range of melee and shooting lasers sounds cool until you realize the long ass cast time of the MP and the fact that it can be countered by any tree or rock - most of the time by simple zigzagging actually. And at that range you're not much help to whatever friends you happen have with you.

Seriously i so often hear "dagger mages are good" but yet to see one that actually can do anything useful. I've seen maybe a couple on youtube (though most dagger mage videos there is mage killing complete noobs in fullgrain leather tindremic guard armor), never in game.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You have never seen a mounted Sidoian Hybrid on foot. That is a slow hybrid.
That's why it's mounted. Anyway by hybrid i mean a full melee build who just makes some sacrifices like no MA and maybe slighter lower STR to have magic. Not someone in paper armor but with a melee weapon.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Let's just stop there. It's only awesome because it has pets. Staying out of range of melee and shooting lasers sounds cool until you realize the long ass cast time of the MP and the fact that it can be countered by any tree or rock - most of the time by simple zigzagging actually. And at that range you're not much help to whatever friends you happen have with you.

Seriously i so often hear "dagger mages are good" but yet to see one that actually can do anything useful. I've seen maybe a couple on youtube (though most dagger mage videos there is mage killing complete noobs in fullgrain leather tindremic guard armor), never in game.

That soubds great on paper... i can also say i can just parry and block all your attacks on paper... in reality though? Its pretty effective. If you attacking my pet you getting nuked or stabbed. If you attacking me my pets dunking you while u try to catch. If my ally needs a heal he gets heals, your mage gets a corrupt tossed on him. You kill my pet? No big deal, one of the footies from my group peels good luck dodging thrm fulms while your trying to parry him.

The build is very effective.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
What an asinine response lol. If you think there arent people that grind who also arent skilled you are sorely wrong. Maybe you should git good and wear better gear sonyou stop getting clapped by "ZeRgLiNgS" so often. The other day A group of you try hards were fighting us and your mages gear was so trash i killed him in 3 arrows. Maybe stop making builds specifically designed to 1v1 and swim/run away and play dedicated roles you can be a more effective and respectible force. Instead, majority of shitter groups all play the same copy pasted 1v1 builds in a game designed around the concept of large scale warfare then cry zerg when you get large scale warfared.
Yeah Im sure there are ppl who grind and are skilled too, it doesnt sound like your one of them tho or you wouldnt have issues killing players in bone tissue xD

Not sure what ur even rambling about, Im not the one crying the game should be easier when you already have the gear + numbers advantage LMAO

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You kill my pet? No big deal, one of the footies from my group peels good luck dodging thrm fulms while your trying to parry him.
Just let's suppose you don't have a pet, because tamers are indeed powerful and it wasn't about tamers. Anything can be strong with a pet. A foot archer which is usually considered to be a meme build can be strong with a pet. You being strong with a pet says nothing about magic.

It's good if you outnumber the enemy and have one of your footies to keep the pressure off you. If you don't have that advantage, you'll probably be locked out of the fight and be useless to the team and as i say, only serve as a distraction.

There are good mages out there who actually help their group immensely in small scale. But those are extremely rare, most dagger mages i've encountered couldn't do shit with a veela on them and eventually died in a few seconds after wrongly assessing distance and trying to cast, and while an average footie can still be helpful to the group, an average dagger mage is not.

Last edited:

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Just let's suppose you don't have a pet, because tamers are indeed powerful and it wasn't about tamers. Anything can be strong with a pet. A foot archer which is usually considered to be a meme build can be strong with a pet. You being strong with a pet says nothing about magic.

It's good if you outnumber the enemy and have one of your footies to keep the pressure off you. If you don't have that advantage, you'll probably be locked out of the fight and be useless to the team and as i say, only serve as a distraction.

There are good mages out there who actually help their group immensely in small scale. But those are extremely rare, most dagger mages i've encountered couldn't do shit with a veela on them and eventually died in a few seconds after wrongly assessing distance and trying to cast, and while an average footie can still be helpful to the group, an average dagger mage is not.

The reason your argument doesnt really make sense though dude is... its only 100 primaries we talking here....

You saying because a mage has a dagger he can use they are bad? I have

Full taming
Spiritism
Ecumenical
Daggers
505 movement speed with clades
200 mana
110int with trinkets

Im failing to see the drastic burden daggers has? It will be even more op when i drop blocking and take necromancy. Dagger mage doesnt mean the build revolves around a mage using daggers. Its just a mage that can use a dagger.

I have kileld many players who got to close for comfort and were not expecting the dagger stabs. Especially in bounty hunting..open up with a fulm and few stabs, dip out and send pet in, thats a rip.

Only an idiot would try to toe to toe with a footie just using a dagger lol. The dagger is mostly a self defense last ditch effort weapon. Its not the primary focus of a "dagger mage"

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Its just a mage that can use a dagger.
You can use a dagger with 0 points in daggers. They're bad not because you spend 100 points on daggers, they're bad because you need full taming to be competitive. A veela FF would run you down and kill you before you can say Vas Flam. Also good luck parrying after you drop blocking.

I have kileld many players who got to close for comfort and were not expecting the dagger stabs.
Many noobs you mean?

Also not sure what kind of build you've got that has 505 ms and 200 mana because a lean veela has 507 ms with clades, stout 500 i think.

Last edited:

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
You can use a dagger with 0 points in daggers. They're bad not because you spend 100 points on daggers, they're bad because you need full taming to be competitive. A veela FF would run you down and kill you before you can say Vas Flam. Also good luck parrying after you drop blocking.

Many noobs you mean?

Also not sure what kind of build you've got that has 505 ms and 200 mana because a lean veela has 507 ms with clades, stout 500 i think.

I mean..i could get caught... its happened. But about 8 times out of 10 i either escape or they give up chasing me being lean my base movement is slightly higher @449/505than the average fit/stout shitter build which are usually around 440-445/499 200 mana is ez with 100 psyche.

Almost all veela footies stop at fit/atout
And if they are really a lean veela footie... 135ish HP Lol..get 3 or 4 shot by my t bird while wearing steel i guess.

Wont need blocking with necro. With necromancy the ability to cast while moving will make the necessity of parrying as a mage much less meta. Have fun chasing me whiek u get death hands to the face and my pets on you 🤣

(Honestly i think necro is going to be broken af)

Regardless of all this, dagger is still great to have to kill random wildlife or support dmg in some scenarios. Etc.
Dagger

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I mean..i could get caught... its happened. But about 8 times out of 10 i either escape or they give up chasing me being lean my base movement is slightly higher @449/505than the average fit/stout shitter build which are usually around 440-445/499 200 mana is ez with 100 psyche.

Almost all veela footies stop at fit/atout
And if they are really a lean veela footie... 135ish HP Lol..get 3 or 4 shot by my t bird while wearing steel i guess.

Wont need blocking with necro. With necromancy the ability to cast while moving will make the necessity of parrying as a mage much less meta. Have fun chasing me whiek u get death hands to the face and my pets on you 🤣

(Honestly i think necro is going to be broken af)

Regardless of all this, dagger is still great to have to kill random wildlife or support dmg in some scenarios. Etc.
Dagger
On a dex character a good to end game dagger is not just cheap compared to other weapons, but it will consistently squeeze out 40+ damage hits through armor. With a 30 str character. When you've already opened up with a spell or two and you're fast enough to leave the enemy no room to bandage you have a big advantage even in a 1v1 mage vs FF

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
And if they are really a lean veela footie... 135ish HP Lol..
What are you on? I'm a lean veela sitting on 160 hp. And by the description of your build you must be lean 10 str (so good luck with them daggers) sheevra who also sacrificed a ton of constitution to reach the 100 psyche. So very low hp and very low stamina, so whoever it is you're escaping when your bird is dead must be below shit level. Either that, or it's all fantasies, or you've got some god-tier trinkets.

And yes we all know pets are strong (good luck supplying yourself with tbirds in GK though). The discussion was not about pets. Any build can have them, they aren't reserved for mages (even if magic makes it a lot easier). You yourself will probably have no chance vs another tamer.

As for necro, judging from Henrik's stream it had a range that's just outside melee range, and with desync issues we have coming that close to a footfighter can be deadly, especially if it's NA vs NA situation. Death Hand's range is 300 units, which is just right for a telekinetic sword to hit you. You're also not gonna be in combat mode so you'll be slower than stout veela, hell even slower than fat veela.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That's why it's mounted. Anyway by hybrid i mean a full melee build who just makes some sacrifices like no MA and maybe slighter lower STR to have magic. Not someone in paper armor but with a melee weapon.

Human hybrid side is just diff cuz their clade set.