Necromancy Primaries

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
From what I understand, Necromancy will have same skill choice from MO1.

Curious if anyone have a list of all 'required' primaries for Necromancy? Kind of wish we could get more info to theory craft builds etc.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Basically the same as a normal mage (mental offense, mental training, etc.) but with Necromancy instead of ecu spells.

If you want to also go into Ritualism you will most likely need also Creature Control & probably ACC and the animal's lore for which you'd like to conduct the Ritual.

In MO1 Ritualism was a secondary skill below Necromancy.

Since most Necro spells require Spirits, Spiritism would be a good addition to the build, unless you want to buy spirit box es.

Reactions: m4rt3
D

Deleted member 44

I would like to know this as well. I sure hope it's not a lot of primaries as the need for creature control and advanced creature control will already be 200 primary points.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Not sure why everyone is so stoked about necromancy. In MO1 most of the necromancy spells were ass and the only good stuff were the shades & death knights summons, which were obviously brokenly OP.

The Tupilak was cool i guess but way too impractical as it would get focused on all the time.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Henrik mentioned walker knowledge primary i think. And i believe ritualism will be primary too.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Henrik mentioned walker knowledge primary i think. And i believe ritualism will be primary too.
Walker knowledge will be a secondary.

Necromancy if you want to absolutely max it would be 200 primary action points - attribute bonuses.
Then to actually own stronger ritual pets you need creature control, zoology, and advanced creature control.

manure

May 7, 2022
Man, its gonna be so shitty when the walking deads start being guard whacked by the guards patrolling the wilderness...

Imagine, you are pvping far away from Meduli, in the road next to the lake, you are killing your enemies... and suddenly you and your marvellous army of raised undead are INSTA KILLED by teleporting Lictor Guards !
Then you look around, see no town, only player houses, a road and a lake, and wonder..."Jesus, Im so far away from town, what happened" ???

Perhaps then, and only then, people will start understanding how PATHETIC it is to have guards outside towns.

The first change they should apply, before any other released crap in this game, is to REMOVE THE GOD DAMN GUARDS that are patrolling outside any towns !

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Man, its gonna be so shitty when the walking deads start being guard whacked by the guards patrolling the wilderness...

Imagine, you are pvping far away from Meduli, in the road next to the lake, you are killing your enemies... and suddenly you and your marvellous army of raised undead are INSTA KILLED by teleporting Lictor Guards !
Then you look around, see no town, only player houses, a road and a lake, and wonder..."Jesus, Im so far away from town, what happened" ???

Perhaps then, and only then, people will start understanding how PATHETIC it is to have guards outside towns.

The first change they should apply, before any other released crap in this game, is to REMOVE THE GOD DAMN GUARDS that are patrolling outside any towns !
Your name still fits. Quit thinking your bone armor and weapons trying to kill new players in graveyards is pvp

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Not sure why everyone is so stoked about necromancy. In MO1 most of the necromancy spells were ass and the only good stuff were the shades & death knights summons, which were obviously brokenly OP.

The Tupilak was cool i guess but way too impractical as it would get focused on all the time.

Pretty much this. But hey... they'll figure it out.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

manure

May 7, 2022
Your name still fits. Quit thinking your bone armor and weapons trying to kill new players in graveyards is pvp

Whatever man.
If you think its OK to be guard whacked PvPing in the ROAD far away from town, congratulations. You have your CandyLand granted today. Enjoy

manure

May 7, 2022
There is video evidence to support manure's claims.

Amen

Anyone who attempts to PvP in like 10 Kilometers away from Meduli will be eventually guard whacked.
The Devs need to wake up and fix this before even adding new content.

Im telling you... Even UNDEADs raised by players will be guard whacked in the wilderness.
Its beyond ridiculous

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Pretty much this. But hey... they'll figure it out.
Blind, darkness and the stamina corrupt are all good spells for when you're in group fights though.
Death hand is the best aggressive damage spell and the fact that the school actually has AOE spells with some range on them is also very nice.

Necromancy spells are just more situational than ecumenical, but has plenty spells that let you do aggressive things that ecumenical won't let you do.

Elementalism is an even further step towards situational spells, most spells are spells you want to cast right outside the combat even.

Staff magic is going to be the most aggressive magic school we have. But Necromancy is for sure the gap between ecu and staff in terms of offensive spell schools.

But some people really have some weird expectation of what they want magic to be. Mages as a frontline fighter is something very rarely seen in any game or game system, mages are almost always supposed to be 2nd or 3rd line combatants and in MO they are very strong in that role, regardless of school.

manure

May 7, 2022
Something just occurred to me right now....

Imagine this situation :

One day, The Devs simply decided to apply the necromancy patch !! Great.
Then, a random player decides to train necromancy... and he brings a lot of whatever reagents or stuff are necessary to raise undeads... SO, he fills his bag with 500 reagents to go train somewhere.

This player then, has the BRILLIANT idea of training this at MEDULIS GRAVEYARD. He then, starts to raise undead from the zombie carcasses INSIDE THE GRAVEYARD...

What do you guys, that are reading this post, imagine is going to happen ???

Before you can even think about answering to this question, our beloved fictional player is instantaneously guard whacked by 4 or 5 lictor guards, because he summoned undeads and the LICTOR GUARDS saw it...

Oh, but he was in the middle of a Graveyard... He should not get guard whacked...he was Outside town....thats not fair....

EXACTLY !

This WILL happen.
Stupid designers

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020

Imagine this situation :

Then, a random player decides to train necromancy... and he brings a lot of whatever reagents or stuff are necessary to raise undeads... SO, he fills his bag with 500 reagents to go train somewhere.

This player then, has the BRILLIANT idea of training this at MEDULIS GRAVEYARD. He then, starts to raise undead from the zombie carcasses INSIDE THE GRAVEYARD...

Before you can even think about answering to this question, our beloved fictional player is instantaneously guard whacked by 4 or 5 lictor guards, because he summoned undeads and the LICTOR GUARDS saw it...

Oh, but he was in the middle of a Graveyard... He should not get guard whacked...he was Outside town....thats not fair....

EXACTLY !

This WILL happen.
Stupid designers
I'm pretty sure the player isn't turned grey from the act of raising undead, but the undead pets will always be grey flagged. Especially normal undeads as they are not even under your control immediately as you raise them.

They will most likely follow the current guard AI rules where they are not attacked by guards until they decide to attack a player inside the guard zone. Or someone calls guards on them, if thats even possible. Havent tried calling guards on AI yet.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022

Imagine this situation :

EXACTLY !

This WILL happen.
Stupid designers
Shouldn’t be deploying them in a guarded zone

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

I bet around 30% of necromancy Is going to be usefull in any context.
And pets were time consuming as fuck. Do i have to remember to anyone what shades used to be? Entire sieges got defended with a few shades shoting invisible unavoidable proyectiles through keep and TC walls, they could kill a max hp warrior in a few secconds.

Last edited: