Myrland - Guild and Alliance territorial Claims (Post Launch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
I decided to reach out and gather intel on all the guilds/alliances claims
On what guilds and alliances intend to claim for their own territory as we progress past launch

This is what I've come up with after speaking to all parties involved.

**Note** This information is a mixture of
claims, who controls what castle and some of my own data.

Information shown here should not be taken with 100% authenticity but a guideline for what TC will be

My Sweetness.jpg

Credit goes to TheMasterStick from Acolytes for making the territory on the map made by Pockets

Attachments

• Diplomatic_map_-_with_towns_25.jpg
    Diplomatic_map_-_with_towns_25.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022
San Diego, CA
From what I've heard, Legion has a stranglehold on Vadda. I think your map may need some more current information.

Regardless, the vast majority of the playerbase can't even play at the moment anyways, so who knows how things will shape up once everybody is allowed in.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
From what I've heard, Legion has a stranglehold on Vadda. I think your map may need some more current information.

Regardless, the vast majority of the playerbase can't even play at the moment anyways, so who knows how things will shape up once everybody is allowed in.
You may not realise how many political maps get drawn. Used to be like one a week, minimum, back in the day.

Reactions: Serverus

ulfy

Mar 31, 2021
Ya'll got any more of them pixels?? Why is this map so tiny?

Edit: Nvm, had to click the sketchy link

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Pretty sure your guys wouldn't be defecting over to the Free Tribes if AC actually owned MK pass...

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020

Legion is part of the Collective.
This map is based on keep claims.

D

Dracu

TC alliance contesting GK? lol xD Only because they come there to drop loot from time to time doesnt mean they are contesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Putzin

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Yeah this map is just a first glance post launch before siege.

Obviously even as soon as the first week of sieging this map could be rapidly changing even daily. Hopefully we get some real time map that updates with territory reflecting ingame TC mechanics

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I dislike this map because it gives a false impression of actual political grip.

Realistically you'll never be able to create a map to demonstrate this, but this is at its best either lazy or simply for fun.. or both.

i.e. Just because a guild has a keep doesn't mean they control or run things in that area.

Reactions: Bektar and The Khan

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I'd even go as far to say..

If you want a better map.. Start over completely.

Take the original map created by @Slyy aka Pockets and others, and break the map down into actual zones and regions that are distinguishable from one another.

Then, you'd create a key to match what ever color you use to said region to said guild or alliance (it would he easier to just label a guild in an alliance, as just the alliance rather then the individual guilds).

That way we avoid these weirdly drawn borders due to "keeps".

Start with towns, then work down to locations & landmarks (i.e. tephra crater, pig farm, etc.)

I dislike this map because it gives a false impression of actual political grip.

Realistically you'll never be able to create a map to demonstrate this, but this is at its best either lazy or simply for fun.. or both.

i.e. Just because a guild has a keep doesn't mean they control or run things in that area.
Historically speaking, political maps for Mortal Online (1) served to track political and mechanical claims rather than actual, practical control. It's very difficult to keep track of who is griefing who in Kranesh or Gaul'Kor this week and express that live from a cartography perspective. Real world maps run into this same problem to this day, even.

A historical example:
rwmirs.jpg

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020

Yeahhh I dont think you know how politics in this game works. I ask guy A contesting a region who controls it he tells me hes running the show. Ask guy B oh nah they run it everyday.

Without ingame mechanics you'll never get an accurate map. A lot of reaching out to various guilds and mixing and matching of intel and claims and also castles built went into this.

Also guilds with no castles are not even considered into this map and realistically shouldn't be for a lot of reasons but simply for the fact they cannot "own" territory without castle now or ever since Strongholds will not serve this function.

Reactions: Serverus

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
If your salty your guild is not on this map. Get gud. Get a castle. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.