Murderers and Consequences

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I have to disagree with everything you have said.. Realism does apply Henrik who created the game says so him self all the time in his streams on twitch and with the way actions and fighting is done to realism. You do realise where minitours are rooted right? in myth....
Hidden red is a terrible idea and so is the rep system, it doesn't mean they will be attacked at all which is the point they should be banned from going into main towns and be red.. attacked by guards on sight! What's the point in lawless and player towns etc where they would be welcomed....
Running a few parcel deliveries is a piece of cake and can be done easily a few times before they decide to go ganking you can raise your rep and go blow it on some poor unsuspecting players..
Its not just a pvp focused game unfortunately its an open world sandbox and its whole economy is pve & player driven so without the pve you wouldn't have weapons and armour, and the players wouldn't create it leading to you having to be self sufficient which isnt the point In what you think is a "pvp" driven game.

its all good, im ok with disagreement. You just keep playing you pve crafting gathering MO realism simulator…and ill play my full loot, free for all pvp fantasy MO version.

just dont cry when my version intersects with yours and i take your stuff. Just think of me as a governemnt agent simulator. I see you, i fine you for existing and i take your stuff….and because im part of the government guards look the other way 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: ROTLUST and Tzone

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
its all good, im ok with disagreement. You just keep playing you pve crafting gathering MO realism simulator…and ill play my full loot, free for all pvp MO version.

just dont cry when my version intersects with yours and i take your stuff. Just think of me as a governemnt agent simulator. I see you, i fine you for existing and i take your stuff….and because im part of the government guards dont attack me 😉

Why would I cry over a game? lol there will always be disagreements in games how do you think they get changed for the better. I played every aspect of the game content not just the pve how do you make your weapons and armour? do you buy them if yes? Well lucky for you thats pve driven or do you kill the monsters for making them your self well thats pve to lol.
I can see you are one of the people who think a dead open world sandbox is an arena pvp game thats made just for them So they can grief and pk people without consequence just to get off on other peoples misery. lol... I'll be letting you have fun being a great human and getting off on others loss as much as they stick around for you to do so. But for me I stopped playing now on all 4 of my accounts, not because I dont like the games potential but because its a wasted opportunity for a great game like uo was back in the day and henrik likes to keep comparing but it doesnt stack up close to that dream. I will keep a close eye on the game encase the dev's fix there broken mess rep system and punish murderers properly.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Why would I cry over a game? lol there will always be disagreements in games how do you think they get changed for the better. I played every aspect of the game content not just the pve how do you make your weapons and armour? do you buy them if yes? Well lucky for you thats pve driven or do you kill the monsters for making them your self well thats pve to lol.
I can see you are one of the people who think a dead open world sandbox is an arena pvp game thats made just for them So they can grief and pk people without consequence just to get off on other peoples misery. lol... I'll be letting you have fun being a great human and getting off on others loss as much as they stick around for you to do so. But for me I stopped playing now on all 4 of my accounts, not because I dont like the games potential but because its a wasted opportunity for a great game like uo was back in the day and henrik likes to keep comparing but it doesnt stack up close to that dream. I will keep a close eye on the game encase the dev's fix there broken mess rep system and punish murderers properly.

so you are not playing the game anymore because it doesnt live up to you expectations? Are these the “pve realism simulator” expectations?

perhaps you woke up and saw what the game actually is. Its not a simulator and its not pve. The main focus of this game is, and has always been, pvp and territory control. Pve was always an afterthought.

Feel free to come bakc anytime you want to play a pvp sandbox.

Reactions: Tzone

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
so you are not playing the game anymore because it doesnt live up to you expectations? Are these the “pve realism simulator” expectations?

perhaps you woke up and saw what the game actually is. Its not a simulator and its not pve. The main focus of this game is, and has always been, pvp and territory control. Pve was always an afterthought.

Feel free to come bakc anytime you want to play a pvp sandbox.

You really have lost the plot lol who said it was a simulator? not me? and it has elements of realism in the game weather you like it or not such as the way archers cant fire a bow on there right side while mounted.. the first person perspective is another... Mounted archery in full armour now that's a whole other conversation as every one just seems to be this lol! No I am not playing the game any more because the game needs a lot of work to make it a much better game than it is now. It has good bones but I definitely wont subscribe while its in the state its in and many many people feel the same including the people I was playing with as well. people like you are crazy to want a low pop game because people wont subscribe just for your enjoyment?
Territory control isn't even in the game and is one great feature to be added soon.... So if its not in the game yet it must be a focus for the game? makes no sense what so ever! How is pve and afterthought? if it drives the backbone of the game? every worn item is player made from pve lol
I do think your a bit mistaken in your views just watch Henrik talk about his game on twitch or maybe you should ask the dev's what they think lol They are trying to be different to mo1. They seem to be trying to make it an one world open world player driven sandbox not with just pvp arena "simulator" unfortunately for you... Have you tried pvping with a fishing pole lol..
I am guessing you are not old enough to have played a game like ultimaonline back in the day so you dont really have the right perspective.
I might play again one day but in its current state its not worth it.

Last edited:

Xplozyon

Jul 18, 2020
For me, being killed right at the exit of Tindrem, reviving at the priest and seeing my murderers banking my stuff is like ok. There is no real consequences here. I think tolerance should be zero on city's land at least. Players must have a chance to play and enjoy the game at it's minimum.

It's nothing about losing my stuff or complaining about the pvp. It's just about applying some logic to this no sense. Do not forget that we are playing a game and those words are important ones. If players can't PLAY the game at it's minimum, how can it survive ?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
For me, being killed right at the exit of Tindrem, reviving at the priest and seeing my murderers banking my stuff is like ok. There is no real consequences here. I think tolerance should be zero on city's land at least. Players must have a chance to play and enjoy the game at it's minimum.

It's nothing about losing my stuff or complaining about the pvp. It's just about applying some logic to this no sense. Do not forget that we are playing a game and those words are important ones. If players can't PLAY the game at it's minimum, how can it survive ?
well you are absolutely wrong about their not being consequences when if you hit (dont even have to kill them) 5 people who are blue and less then 5 MCs you will be forced to run 30 minutes from the nearest keep naked back to town.

And each time they kill you its a 15 minute ride doing nothing between towns to replace the rep they lost from killing you.

Much more harsh then you losing your noob gear because you walked out of town with your head in the clouds.

Xplozyon

Jul 18, 2020
well you are absolutely wrong about their not being consequences when if you hit (dont even have to kill them) 5 people who are blue and less then 5 MCs you will be forced to run 30 minutes from the nearest keep naked back to town.

And each time they kill you its a 15 minute ride doing nothing between towns to replace the rep they lost from killing you.

Much more harsh then you losing your noob gear because you walked out of town with your head in the clouds.
I don't understand. Are you saying they are stupid by doing it because now they have to wait because they killed a newb with its newb stuff?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about dying. I'm complaining about the fact that newb are killed without even enjoying 10min of the game. 15min it's nothing compare to what new players can experience with all this. They are kind trapped within the city. There is nothing you can farm without danger within less than 5min traveling.

It's just not normal to be killed in front of everyone, every guard of the city and that 15min later everything is forgot. I mean cmon.
This game is not supposed to be based on absolute immediate danger right at the exit of a starting city. In fact it's more dangerous around the starting city than it is in the wide.

This game needs all the players they can get. Not only the most persevered that passed through this harsh experience.

yurilai

Feb 27, 2022
I don't understand. Are you saying they are stupid by doing it because now they have to wait because they killed a newb with its newb stuff?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about dying. I'm complaining about the fact that newb are killed without even enjoying 10min of the game. 15min it's nothing compare to what new players can experience with all this. They are kind trapped within the city. There is nothing you can farm without danger within less than 5min traveling.

It's just not normal to be killed in front of everyone, every guard of the city and that 15min later everything is forgot. I mean cmon.
This game is not supposed to be based on absolute immediate danger right at the exit of a starting city. In fact it's more dangerous around the starting city than it is in the wide.

This game needs all the players they can get. Not only the most persevered that passed through this harsh experience.
where are you living at ? so much pvp ? bruh i thought the game was dead when i was playing

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
I think the new bounty hunting system coming in at end of April is a start in the right direction! All those greifing murderer gankers should have to watch over there shoulder where ever they go lol! I am looking forward to just sitting in a town waiting for them and then poping 1 of them off when they least expect it at the bank where they cant escape and they can take most damage before they even get to hide from there crimes and there gank friends wont beable to help them lol. This makes me want to play again.

The "hunter" become the hunted

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
I think the new bounty hunting system coming in at end of April is a start in the right direction!

I certainly don't. Bounty hunting systems do not work in sandbox games because they are so easy to undermine and manipulate for profit. The only good bounty hunting system in any pvp game ever in my opinion was in SWG, and that wasn't bounty hunting in the context of how we're talking about it now - it was more like random NPC quests that targeted certain players. There was no PC input towards who the target was going to be, which is what it seems like you are wanting above anything else.

If SV implements a bounty hunting system, they will have to do it different and better than EVERYONE who has ever tried it before, and even then I'm about 100% certain that the combined intellect of the playerbase is more than a match for the developers when it comes to finding cracks in the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: AidanKyros

Tzone

May 16, 2021

So you are saying that we need to make the game more shallow because some one with a weak mentality cant figure out how to be aware of their surroundings.

• Sad

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
So you are saying that we need to make the game more shallow because some one with a weak mentality cant figure out how to be aware of their surroundings.

You're totally missing the crux of what the dude is saying. Telling him that he has weak mental and then totally misinterpreting what he is saying makes me :rolleyes: every time it happens, and it seems to happen here a lot.

As for you, Xplozyon - even though Tzone is an asshole, he's not completely wrong. It is not difficult to wander out into the wilderness and be relatively safe. Contrary to what you seem to think, that 5min bubble of area around towns are actually the most dangerous. The wild gets much safer the farther away from town you get.

Relentless, selfless bravery will do more for you in Mortal than any other personality trait. Go explore. Don't get scared and stay around town.

Xplozyon

Jul 18, 2020
You're totally missing the crux of what the dude is saying. Telling him that he has weak mental and then totally misinterpreting what he is saying makes me :rolleyes: every time it happens, and it seems to happen here a lot.

As for you, Xplozyon - even though Tzone is an asshole, he's not completely wrong. It is not difficult to wander out into the wilderness and be relatively safe. Contrary to what you seem to think, that 5min bubble of area around towns are actually the most dangerous. The wild gets much safer the farther away from town you get.

Relentless, selfless bravery will do more for you in Mortal than any other personality trait. Go explore. Don't get scared and stay around town.
You're right on this one. What I'm trying to say though is that I think the murderer system should be more consequently around towns and less consequently further away you are from the city's land. I could also live with the fact that there is no consequences at all in some spots on Nave. It's just pure logic for me that near a city, you're supposed to be safer than when you're far away.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
You're right on this one. What I'm trying to say though is that I think the murderer system should be more consequently around towns and less consequently further away you are from the city's land. I could also live with the fact that there is no consequences at all in some spots on Nave. It's just pure logic for me that near a city, you're supposed to be safer than when you're far away.

It kind of already works that way. I'll explain myself:

In town, if you preform a criminal action (attacking somebody, looting a blue bag) and a NPC guard SEES you, you lose 1 rep, which is the same consequence as murder. You lose the rep every time you preform that action. So if you're in sight of a guard and you decide to kill a horse blocking the bank entrance and it takes you 3 hits to do it, you will lose 3 rep. This is a stiff penalty because it basically puts you in 'jail' (running packages) for about a half hour to recover your reputation.

Outside of town, there are no guards patrolling the roads or whatever and so they can't spot you to give you the negative reputation when you go crim. The only way for you to lose reputation is to kill a guy and have him teleport home and give you a count. In this case you only lose 1 rep.

Finally, say that I am running from my home in the jungle camp to Bakti in order to sell some resources and get ganked halfway there. I still intend to go to Bakti to check my broker and get some items that are difficult to acquire at the camp, so I can't teleport to my home priest and just ghost until I'm close enough to Bakti to teleport to the priest there. In that instance, I am not allowed to report my murder and the gankers don't lose any rep at all.

So you see, the system is already working almost just how you say you would prefer it!

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
@Skabsticles
@Khulan

PvP = PvP
Dying to give MC/Rep loss = Griefing.

Hows UO doing? Not well ok. Hows Rust doing? 100k peak daily, wow. Which one has more casual players too? Rust.
Why no punishment for people who die repeatedly in order to make the guy you beat them in PvP loss something?

The most toxic players Ive experienced in any game are the carebears. They get so mad even though they lost nothing and will spend hours left in their session to grief the person that won the contested spot. Punish people for defending them selves which is what these anti PvP mechanics have done already. It nothing to do with dying in a game, its that they just cant stand someone else doing something to them and it makes them angry.

People who call open world PvP greifing and that there needs to be more consequences just want the NPC and game to win their fights for them. Give more consequences for blue players instead.

If you are getting emotionally hurt over pixels (and easily replacable pixels at that), thats weird. Seek a therapist or something.

It's not just pixels, numbnuts. It's time. And it is peak youthful idiocy to think that time has no value. If someone spends 2-3hrs getting some stuff together and carving a small space out for themselves then it's perfectly understandable that they get pissed when some braindead numpty takes it all away in 5 minutes. They gave away 2hrs of their life for 5 mins of your gratification and you, in the typically ungrateful manner, are angry that they got angry.
Answer me this: who are you going to kill when all the "carebears" have left the game? Who are you going to loot when nobody actually harvests or farms anything?

Last edited:

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
I certainly don't. Bounty hunting systems do not work in sandbox games because they are so easy to undermine and manipulate for profit. The only good bounty hunting system in any pvp game ever in my opinion was in SWG, and that wasn't bounty hunting in the context of how we're talking about it now - it was more like random NPC quests that targeted certain players. There was no PC input towards who the target was going to be, which is what it seems like you are wanting above anything else.

If SV implements a bounty hunting system, they will have to do it different and better than EVERYONE who has ever tried it before, and even then I'm about 100% certain that the combined intellect of the playerbase is more than a match for the developers when it comes to finding cracks in the system.

Hi Henrik Explained the bounty hunting system in his stream have a listen he has used swg as his inspiration for bounty hunting and is aware things can get exploited for profit. I dont think this will fix the whole problem but it is a start in the right direction :)

I think there is a danger bubble around town /graveyard....... and every spawn thats needed so wandering out into empty wilderness might feel safer because there is nothing there for you but go to a Risar camp, spider cave, caleno cave, kill tagmaton soldiers... even kill snapping turtles and you will find your self wasting a lot of time and resources because people want these resources.

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
Hi Henrik Explained the bounty hunting system in his stream have a listen he has used swg as his inspiration for bounty hunting and is aware things can get exploited for profit. I dont think this will fix the whole problem but it is a start in the right direction :)

I think there is a danger bubble around town /graveyard....... and every spawn thats needed so wandering out into empty wilderness might feel safer because there is nothing there for you but go to a Risar camp, spider cave, caleno cave, kill tagmaton soldiers... even kill snapping turtles and you will find your self wasting a lot of time and resources because people want these resources.
I mean the whole crux of this game currently is point of interests and players contesting for these resources, there are clear best farming spots, and even if I am not farming, me and my crew can hit up all POI's in an area, looping around to look for players, this has always been MO gameplay, if there was more flora/fauna in the game (provided the severs could handle it), then we may have a harder time catching each other, but this wouldn't stop people from trying, they would likely hit the best spots still or camp common pathways to cities or chokes.

This game in it's essence is a low security world where a bunch of beggars are vying for resources, in an effort to skill\gear up, thus it creates PvP, which in turn creates resentment, and when sieging comes out will likely result in bigger battles for territory\removal of safe zones(structures).

I think the biggest issues in this game have always been a lack of forethought with changes/implementations which create more nuance to the game or more stale gameplay, and even in MO2 we see a lot of the tediousness back, i'll name a few I dislike IMO.

1) Mining\Wood chopping, sure it's great to be able to afk do this while I eat, do chores, watch netflix, sure i don't lose really anything if I die, but that's a pretty stale way to keep me playing long hours and create a time sync for end game resources, what about making the destruction of nodes quicker, they crumble into pieces that are obviously heavy so either you carry small amounts per person or horse, or we have wagons/carts to move this stuff. Now we have ppl who will want to do this together as it is safer, they can't run away if they don't want to lose their carts/wagons, now we have groups of ppl who will attack these resource wagons and likely players defending or being paid to defend it, look content. With TC we could have structures near good mining/chopping spots for safely depositing, then doing bigger resource runs to cities or trade hubs.

2)crafting, it's like we went back in time, why would we not re-implement the auto delete function on crafting, why did we need to wait weeks for ppl to cry and then it was implemented, after an entire beta where I am sure ppl asked for a fix, I get why we want ppl to grind craft skills, but there is no reason to go to the dark ages and make ppl boringly drag/drop 40 items out of their inventory; Yes we have a solution now, but we also had one in MO1, so why do we gotta go through it again.....

I could probably go through a lot more examples, but these two should be enough. I just think we need more creativity in some current features, we need more depth in others, and honestly I am not sure the game was ready on release, not including server/population issues. We have incomplete housing, incomplete sieging, incomplete magery, incomplete priest/law/reputation systems, incomplete guild/alliance systems.

This will all take time to do, and if SV needed an influx of money to continue development, it makes a lot of sense why they released, any other reason, I personally don't respect... (I went on a rant but yea, it's how I feel about this topic lol..)

Reactions: Atom

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
2)crafting, it's like we went back in time, why would we not re-implement the auto delete function on crafting, why did we need to wait weeks for ppl to cry and then it was implemented, after an entire beta where I am sure ppl asked for a fix, I get why we want ppl to grind craft skills, but there is no reason to go to the dark ages and make ppl boringly drag/drop 40 items out of their inventory; Yes we have a solution now, but we also had one in MO1, so why do we gotta go through it again.....

I agree with woodchopping and mining the head bob gave me head ache doing it for to long... But you spend a lot of time doing those tasks to fill up a horse with resources and even if it is being done semi afk while you dont watch screen some one will still kill/gank you and horses for fun and leave you with nothing, So the time spent for collecting for the 30 second gank wasnt really worth resource collecting in the first place for the person ganked :) and the punishment is nothing just turning grey and doing a delivery task to clear your rep. The game is very unbalanced in every sense.

Just on the crafting though its easy when you know how, everyone crafts naked and then types /droploot and picks up the crafting resource and repeat crafting is so fast and shallow I dont understand how they say its massive and in-depth crafting .

Reactions: Atom

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Justifying stupid ass ideas trying to compare a game to reality, who the fuck does that bro

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Justifying stupid ass ideas trying to compare a game to reality, who the fuck does that bro
Everyone. Everyone does that. Whenever something is suggested someone will say something like "well, you're not safe in real life" or "that's not how it works in the real world".