Murderers and Consequences

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
I am a blue player that lives mostly in a lawless town, the rest of the time I'm probably in Bakti. I play 90% of the time solo. I disagree fundamentally with what you're saying.

The best resource you can farm in Mortal is friends, and if you don't have any yet, what have you been doing all this time? No matter what type of carapace or scale you make your armour out of, it will never be equivalent to having a buddy by your side. If you don't have a buddy - you've been grinding the wrong resource. This is a social game, and a social person traveling in a pack is always. Always going to be stronger than you.

Why are you farming so far away from town solo? Why are you trying to farm heavy carapace from Bakti when it's so far away from town? The mistakes in judgement you make in this game are not the fault of player killers.

I've often been advised in my youth that if something is wrong in my life, I should first examine myself before casting blame at other people. Most problems in life for a guy originate right between his ears. You are a human, yes? So I assume you have the capacity to change and adapt. Do that. Do that and find more effective ways to play.

There is no real difference between you, a guy fearfully farming solo with two pack horses and the RPK riding around with two other guys wearing full steel taking whatever they want. It's only your state of mind.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
I am a blue player that lives mostly in a lawless town, the rest of the time I'm probably in Bakti. I play 90% of the time solo. I disagree fundamentally with what you're saying.

The best resource you can farm in Mortal is friends, and if you don't have any yet, what have you been doing all this time? No matter what type of carapace or scale you make your armour out of, it will never be equivalent to having a buddy by your side. If you don't have a buddy - you've been grinding the wrong resource. This is a social game, and a social person traveling in a pack is always. Always going to be stronger than you.

Why are you farming so far away from town solo? Why are you trying to farm heavy carapace from Bakti when it's so far away from town? The mistakes in judgement you make in this game are not the fault of player killers.

I've often been advised in my youth that if something is wrong in my life, I should first examine myself before casting blame at other people. Most problems in life for a guy originate right between his ears. You are a human, yes? So I assume you have the capacity to change and adapt. Do that. Do that and find more effective ways to play.

There is no real difference between you, a guy fearfully farming solo with two pack horses and the RPK riding around with two other guys wearing full steel taking whatever they want. It's only your state of mind.

Sorry I cant help but laugh!
Give me a break! you are correct it is a social game with some bad toxic antisocial community in it. Are you seriously trying to justify that rubbish you talk.... A friend in a terrible armour prob the same as you wear will not be as good as a fully armoured steel or panzar carapace plus armoured horse also prob a mounted archer to......
You admit you play 90% of your game solo then tell me to find friends? I had a guild we have all left because the game isn't balanced, it has way more problems and its a disappointment with so much potential wasted... I was gutted because I was ready to put a lot of time into the game and have put a lot of time into it already thinking it would be as good as the glory days of Ultimaonline.
I have a lot of spare time and 4 accounts all different play styles and was willing to subscribe with them all.
I thought it was going to be like ultimaonline like the Dev's try and say it is and its nothing close really when you compare.
As for fearful there is nothing to fear I don't care about loosing horses and items.. I have played many survival games. I am not fearful farming at all! unfortunately what happens is to be expected in its current game state there has been many situations where I have read the situation of being Ganked while farming resources and proceed to trash everything in my bags giving the toxic gankers nothing but my armour and weapon and as frustrating as that is wasting my own time Id rather do that than give gratification to toxic gankers who dont really earn it.
I can then stand my ground and engage in fights with gankers with less problem of loosing stuff even out numbered most of the time because they are cowardly and if I take just one of there horses out I see that as a small victory.
When solo if another solo player charges up to me I attack there horse first and leave before they get the chance to attack first, I dont pk any more... my Choice.
The game however is so bugged and badly thought out that that blue player can then kill him self jumping of a cliff and give murder count me for his horse kill even though I spared him and he has to tame a new horse.
Another thing that has happened to me is walking in the wilderness on way back to town and you go through an obvious server line with a pause to then have 20 players spawn from no where on you which weren't visible there before the server line in front of you and they then proceed to gank you when your solo and then not being able to report any of them because of a bug on reporting murderers which hasn't been fixed for months.
That's the server and dev's fault because they wont fix there game.
I agree with your sentiment of being advised in your youth but it doesn't seem by your comments you took any of that on board.
As for traveling to get Heavy carapace solo so far from a town why wouldn't you? You want to make heavy carapace armour you need to do this exactly and its not like you need more then a bow/arrows and a horse to kill a snapping turtle and you cant get the heavy carapace any where else lol do you even leave bakti or you just stay in town and like being "social"!? lol
Really think spilling rubbish about state of mind? Its a game what lets people wear full steel mounted archers and taking what ever they want with zero real consequences for the action.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I am guessing you are a full plate mounted archer lol
I bet you was so proud of killing a really nerfed solo mage and taking that gold! He was riding a mongrel horse! Face it you saw some one who you thought was an easy target maybe even a noob because you would have to be one to ride a mongrel horse.. You might have thought twice if there was harsher consequences and you say timesink punishments force players not to play? maybe that mage doesn't play the game any more because of your proud actions? What does that lead to? An even emptier game congratulations. You are awarded by me a 5 star toxic ganker award lol
And I bet you think you are so empowered attacking some one already fighting bandits.... lol you sound like a wanabe red pk.
Thats not pvp as much as you sugar coat it that is cowardly and toxic.
Ultimaonline was a great game don't hate because you aren't old enough to have enjoyed the glory days! And your beloved game Dev Henrik compares mo2 to Ultimaonline all the time!!! soo suck it up!
Doing parcels is the easiest thing to do and doesn't consume much time at all maybe 10 mins town to town.
Murder timer even goes down when your offline now who's ever idea that was its a terrible idea.
The game Devs cant even fix the bug where people cant give murder counts so murderers are even getting away with murders more often than they should.
I love the way people who want to murder and take away other peoples time and efforts just try to justify it by saying it takes them time to reequip if they die lol its crazy and very selfish thinking.

One of my characters is MA yeah but i was solo fighting that mage, he chose the wrong way to be transporting that. I'm not proud, i'm wealthy. I generally attack anyone i see on sight, if someone says something worth hearing i can and i have forgiven their souls.

Idk if a noob could farm 1k gold not understanding how dangerous is the world, i'm sorry but u don't have to be Einstein or a vet to understand geographic players flow, to understand roads are often the best place to find people, that with 1k gold he wouldn't buy a desert horse of the broker.
He did many mistakes and paid the price, now it's up to him to play or ragequit. To reach to the conclussion he being negligent regarding the transport had cost him that much money. Now it's an expensive lesson? Well yeah.
Is the game supposed to penalize accordingly for that much gold? NO, why would you even expect that.

2nd fight i found those dudes in bandits they already fully cleared the spawn and they were just mounted voip talking, i came from behind them and started weakspotting the MA's horse which died soon after. I fail to realize how having engagement strategies, and fighting against odds in 1v3 is so toxic. It's their fault to not look around, to not be aware. That is PVP get the stupid idea that PVP is dueling and concensual fights out of your head already.
I laugh my ass off when i see people talking about "good PVP and bad PVP" and shit like that lmao. That happens when some nerds unable to abstract their minds for a seccond won't aknowledge the game is more than their playstyle, trying to extrapolate some bullshit morality into the game just because it doesn't fit their playstyle, fuck them.

I did play última, Henrique mentions it all the time cuz it's a nostalgia nerd trying to pull some public for MO by advertising it's similar to UO. It is similar in some things to a certain extent but the game aint and it shouldn't be a UO clone and expecting it to be is just retarded. UO was a fine game, that doesn't mean the punitive systems were good and should be in mortal.
Whats your suggestion, to have GMs put gankers into small dark little jails? Prevent people from playing? Statloss so instead of playing gotta repeat the same actions like a retard to stat up? Come the fuck on, you might be old but not that stupid.

Engaging combat on someone is a rolldice u don't know if You Will get killed or not, if this person has Friends or plays well. Like said before sometimes you win sometimes you lose, accepting the risk by leaving town is what any person would do and understand. Theres fucking risks in the wilderness start acting like that and don't expect harder punitive systems to avenge your lack of criteria.
Gear is cheap and disposable, it does not take long to farm mats and have gear in the bank, ready to go.
I see nerds farming granum not far from town and they AFK cuz the pve in this game is dog ass, i kill em and steal their shit. I'm active, roaming playing the game and i find an AFK miner loaded with rocks why should i get penalized if i'm attacking a player that does not care, otherwise it wouldn't be AFK.
People wanna relay in punishment mechanics to play for them, it's hilarious.

I say quit whining and expect game mechanics to avenge your ass, i say learn to handle the environment and people, understand the social reality of the game and play accordingly.

The penalties beyond rep revolve around a huge IF: IF they get killed.
The small groups that only engage in fights that they are guaranteed to win (3,4,5v1) don't have any death penalties at all because they don't take any risks. And they are always the ones to defend their actions by saying "everything carries a risk".
The rank hypocrisy of some of the most risk averse players in game using risk to defend their actions is what really annoys me.
The guy who goes out solo to farm whatever is the "carebear" but the guys who need to hold someone's hand while beating down a solo are the "hardcore PvPers". Laughable.

Theres no IF when having 5+mcs and having to ress and naked walk to Town for 15-20m for a regear. Theres no IF when negative standing and can't access towns.

Every action does carry risk, what can i say if you get ganked by 3 people group it's your fault u didn't see em first. They do take risks but the higher the numbers the lesser the risk.

I agree It's really carebear to gang on someone, but you talking about it like if the solo farmer didnt have any chance. Play smart and you might survive.

Last edited:

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
One of my characters is MA yeah but i was solo fighting that mage, he chose the wrong way to be transporting that. I'm not proud, i'm wealthy. I generally attack anyone i see on sight, if someone says something worth hearing i can and i have forgiven their souls.

Idk if a noob could farm 1k gold not understanding how dangerous is the world, i'm sorry but u don't have to be Einstein or a vet to understand geographic players flow, to understand roads are often the best place to find people, that with 1k gold he wouldn't buy a desert horse of the broker.
He did many mistakes and paid the price, now it's up to him to play or ragequit. To reach to the conclussion he being negligent regarding the transport had cost him that much money. Now it's an expensive lesson? Well yeah.
Is the game supposed to penalize accordingly for that much gold? NO, why would you even expect that.

2nd fight i found those dudes in bandits they already fully cleared the spawn and they were just mounted voip talking, i came from behind them and started weakspotting the MA's horse which died not soon after. I fail to realize how having engagement strategies, and fighting against odds in 1v3 is so toxic. It's their fault to not look around, to not be aware. That is PVP get the stupid idea that PVP is dueling and concensual fights out of your head already.
I laugh my ass off when i see people talking about "good PVP and bad PVP" and shit like that lmao. That happens when some nerds unable to abstract their minds for a seccond won't aknowledge the game is more than their playstyle, trying to extrapolate some bullshit morality into the game just because it doesn't fit their playstyle, fuck them.

I did play última, Henrique mentions it all the time cuz it's a nostalgia nerd trying to pull some public for MO by advertising it's similar to UO. It is similar in some things to a certain extent but the game aint and it shouldn't be a UO clone and expecting it to be is just retarded. UO was a fine game, that doesn't mean the punitive systems were good and should be in mortal.
Whats your suggestion, to have GMs put gankers into small dark little jails? Prevent people from playing? Statloss so instead of playing gotta repeat the same actions like a retard to stat up? Come the fuck on, you might be old but not that stupid.

Engaging combat on someone is a rolldice u don't know if You Will get killed or not, if this person has Friends or plays well. Like said before sometimes you win sometimes you lose, accepting the risk by leaving town is what any normal person would do and understand. Theres fucking risks in the wilderness start acting like that and don't expect harder punitive systems to avenge your lack of criteria.
Gear is cheap and disposable, it does not take long to farm mats and have gear in the bank, ready to go.
I see nerds farming granum not far from town and they AFK cuz the pve in this game is dog ass, i kill em and steal their shit. I'm active, roaming playing the game and i find an AFK miner loaded with rocks why should i get penalized if i'm attacking a player that does not care, otherwise it wouldn't be AFK.

I say quit whining and expect game mechanics to avenge your ass, i say learn to handle the environment and people, understand the social reality of the game and play accordingly.

Theres no IF when having 5+mcs and having to ress and naked walk to Town for 15-20m for a regear. Theres no IF when negative standing and can't access towns.

Every action does carry risk, what can i say if you get ganked by 3 people group it's your fault u didn't see em first. They do take risks but the higher the numbers the lesser the risk.

I agree It's really carebear to gang on someone, but you talking about it like if the solo farmer didnt have any chance. Play smart and you might survive.

Mounted archer in full plate are most over played and over powered style of play in mo2 and it makes the game play very shallow.. compared to the potential of the game maybe that will change in the future but I don't think the dev's even know how to balance there game.
Any one with a bow can solo fight a pure mage and kill them they are terrible they are weak and nerfed out of this world.....
Henriks excuse for that is balance... encase you have more than 1 mage ganking someone they are powerful then as a group of mages.. but the same goes for mounted archer and he has no excuses for that... other than we will put a wobble on archery and give every one a tower shield so you cant even kill the attackers horse lol
Unfortunately your bragging doesn't justify the actions and the minor punishment/small risk attached how ever you think it might.
Those actions need harsher penalties and punishments and risk for a wanabe red pk and maybe you would have thought twice about attacking the poor mage in the first place.
Your self indulgent attitude towards others is what will destroy what could have been a good game and like I said before players like your self probably get off on trying to destroy what could be a great game.
I feel for the dev's even though its there own fault you can see how bad the numbers have gotten already since release.
I think we will just continue to agree to disagree and I will leave you to enjoy your life and game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dramonis and Atom

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
Mounted archer in full plate are most over played and over powered style of play in mo2 and it makes the game play very shallow.. compared to the potential of the game maybe that will change in the future but I don't think the dev's even know how to balance there game.
Any one with a bow can solo fight a pure mage and kill them they are terrible they are weak and nerfed out of this world.....
Henriks excuse for that is balance... encase you have more than 1 mage ganking someone they are powerful then as a group of mages.. but the same goes for mounted archer and he has no excuses for that... other than we will put a wobble on archery and give every one a tower shield so you cant even kill the attackers horse lol
Unfortunately your bragging doesn't justify the actions and the minor punishment/small risk attached how ever you think it might.
Those actions need harsher penalties and punishments and risk for a wanabe red pk and maybe you would have thought twice about attacking the poor mage in the first place.
Your self indulgent attitude towards others is what will destroy what could have been a good game and like I said before players like your self probably get off on trying to destroy what could be a great game.
I feel for the dev's even though its there own fault you can see how bad the numbers have gotten already since release.
I think we will just continue to agree to disagree and I will leave you to enjoy your life and game.
Game is weird man, you got MA's that are good at killing horses and pegging mages to lose concentration, you have mages who can fulminate a horse for 1/3 or more of it's HP with very little way to reduce or avoid it in a fight.

The game gets progressively more fun with 3-10 ppl groups on both sides, you can sit on the sides of a choke with mages and focus fulm ppl off their horses, you, can stay on your 125 behind a group fight as a MA and peg mages so they cant heal their warriors, the game is at essence a game with shitty PvE that IMO is not very challenging nor fun, but what makes it fun is PvP struggles as you go about your "farming", it mixes up a rather stale game and varies the gameplay where those who prepare, have skill, and make better in-game decisions will likely succeed in more situations.

It's a tough battle to want to punish any player for any playstyle in this game as it becomes reasons to quit the game, dev's would be better off creating systems/content that are more fun to players imo.

Mages imo are in a bad place all around, they are strong in some ways and completely useless in others, giving more flexibility to the playstyle and at the very least allowing them to kill mobs solo would be beneficial. Law/Order/Priests/Etc.. are not in a great place either imo, I personally dislike the interaction of wilderness area's and national blue priests whom will destroy your rep because ppl are respawning over and over to try to rejoin fights that they died in. (Take this how you want but it goes both ways, whether it is guild A, guild B, the zerg, the non zerg, or a guildless player.... it happens in all cases when a priest is near the fighting area and blues are involved.)

I think you talk around other issues the game has, then blame these issues on Red/Grey ppl who have killed you and your friends, when ultimately the game just doesn't have enough features to promote solo play imo, it doesn't have enough features to easily teach new players what they need to do to succeed, it doesn't have enough flexibility to allow more playstyles/testing and make ppl have assumptions on game balance.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

The discussion wasnt about MA but yes you are right, MAs are broken and mages are too nerfed, i myself killed quite a few MAs with my dagger mage tamer but even so i agree mages need a little more resources.

But combat balance Is a different thing from non-concensual pvp punishment.

Game is weird man, you got MA's that are good at killing horses and pegging mages to lose concentration, you have mages who can fulminate a horse for 1/3 or more of it's HP with very little way to reduce or avoid it in a fight.

The game gets progressively more fun with 3-10 ppl groups on both sides, you can sit on the sides of a choke with mages and focus fulm ppl off their horses, you, can stay on your 125 behind a group fight as a MA and peg mages so they cant heal their warriors, the game is at essence a game with shitty PvE that IMO is not very challenging nor fun, but what makes it fun is PvP struggles as you go about your "farming", it mixes up a rather stale game and varies the gameplay where those who prepare, have skill, and make better in-game decisions will likely succeed in more situations.

It's a tough battle to want to punish any player for any playstyle in this game as it becomes reasons to quit the game, dev's would be better off creating systems/content that are more fun to players imo.

Mages imo are in a bad place all around, they are strong in some ways and completely useless in others, giving more flexibility to the playstyle and at the very least allowing them to kill mobs solo would be beneficial. Law/Order/Priests/Etc.. are not in a great place either imo, I personally dislike the interaction of wilderness area's and national blue priests whom will destroy your rep because ppl are respawning over and over to try to rejoin fights that they died in. (Take this how you want but it goes both ways, whether it is guild A, guild B, the zerg, the non zerg, or a guildless player.... it happens in all cases when a priest is near the fighting area and blues are involved.)

I think you talk around other issues the game has, then blame these issues on Red/Grey ppl who have killed you and your friends, when ultimately the game just doesn't have enough features to promote solo play imo, it doesn't have enough features to easily teach new players what they need to do to succeed, it doesn't have enough flexibility to allow more playstyles/testing and make ppl have assumptions on game balance.
Yeah definitely

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire

2nd fight i found those dudes in bandits they already fully cleared the spawn and they were just mounted voip talking, i came from behind them and started weakspotting the MA's horse which died soon after. I fail to realize how having engagement strategies, and fighting against odds in 1v3 is so toxic. It's their fault to not look around, to not be aware. That is PVP get the stupid idea that PVP is dueling and concensual fights out of your head already.

Engaging combat on someone is a rolldice u don't know if You Will get killed or not, if this person has Friends or plays well. Like said before sometimes you win sometimes you lose, accepting the risk by leaving town is what any person would do and understand. Theres fucking risks in the wilderness start acting like that and don't expect harder punitive systems to avenge your lack of criteria.

You get to kill 5 people before you have to start doing a rep grind. The IF is if you die. If you kill 5 people, get a stack of loot and then do rep grind you don't have to ghost run anywhere. However, each person you killed definitely had to do a ghost run. They probably ran back to where you killed them hoping you hadn't deleted all their stuff as well.

There are a lot of problems. One of the main ones is that people can PK and go blue again thus denying retaliation or revenge.

I need a reason to fight. "Oh, they might have X or Y" is not good enough for me. Whatever they have I can get for myself most of the time so I don't feel the need to take theirs off them.

However, I will happily hunt and kill a player who shows disregard for the community. Or a player that kills horses for fun. They are fair game too. But I'm not getting dragged into the rep grind when all I'm doing is defending mine and other's property or retaliating for attacks against me.

This game punishes all types of PvP. Honourable or otherwise. And that is a really big problem.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You get to kill 5 people before you have to start doing a rep grind. The IF is if you die. If you kill 5 people, get a stack of loot and then do rep grind you don't have to ghost run anywhere. However, each person you killed definitely had to do a ghost run. They probably ran back to where you killed them hoping you hadn't deleted all their stuff as well.

There are a lot of problems. One of the main ones is that people can PK and go blue again thus denying retaliation or revenge.

I need a reason to fight. "Oh, they might have X or Y" is not good enough for me. Whatever they have I can get for myself most of the time so I don't feel the need to take theirs off them.

However, I will happily hunt and kill a player who shows disregard for the community. Or a player that kills horses for fun. They are fair game too. But I'm not getting dragged into the rep grind when all I'm doing is defending mine and other's property or retaliating for attacks against me.

This game punishes all types of PvP. Honourable or otherwise. And that is a really big problem.

Rep is somewhat easy to maintain when not killing a lot of people, the murdercounts make you spawn at redpriests often really far from towns having to do naked runs and even forcing players to get basic taming for horses to reduce the travelling Time.
You can farm a Lot of positive rep Yet still die to ress at red priests.

You could say It's not enough punishment, the convenience to spawn at a town blue priests but really Is and conditions gameplay, relay on friendlys to ress or have alt accounts.

Then if you do chose to go on a rampage and not care about rep, the penalties on not accessing towns are very unforgiving.

Killing a player that has 5+ mcs wont be able to report either, meaning that theres no consequence except the possibility of turning grey if attacking first.

Blue people don't have to ghost anywhere they can just spawn at a town and i wouldn't go back for re-looting myself when shit Is easy to get and theres a possibility someone already got my stuff or maybe id go if im looking to fight back.

Retaliation or revenge Is not denied but discouraged by the current law system but theres still scenarios where you wont get penalized, for example killing someone that has 5+mcs. I know certain players around some cities/regions that most likely have 5mcs or more.

I'd vouch for removing law from the wilderness and creating some sort of diegetic living player report system for localized law penalties. Instead of the ghost to ress and report bullshit. Game needs meaningfull mechanics and not stupid punishments.

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
I believe pvp problems can be solved with a rework of laws and bounty system, Reputation should be like NPC or player saw you committing a crime than reports in a city then you could be bounty hunted and lose rep, reputation loss could increase the price of items, storage, broker tax and even possibility of not be allowed buy a house in city. Add more pk levels

Gray flag stay as it is
Red Flag can be hunted and use blue priests,
Black flag can only use red priest, hunted 10x bonus payment and can't enter in cities

reputation each negative level adds a debuff
+10% items pice and broker tax
+15% items pice and broker tax
last level Banishment the even blue is considered as red criminal, and can't own a house in the lawful region.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
I believe pvp problems can be solved with a rework of laws and bounty system, Reputation should be like NPC or player saw you committing a crime than reports in a city then you could be bounty hunted and lose rep, reputation loss could increase the price of items, storage, broker tax and even possibility of not be allowed buy a house in city. Add more pk levels

Gray flag stay as it is
Red Flag can be hunted and use blue priests,
Black flag can only use red priest, hunted 10x bonus payment and can't enter in cities

reputation each negative level adds a debuff
+10% items pice and broker tax
+15% items pice and broker tax
last level Banishment the even blue is considered as red criminal, and can't own a house in the lawful region.

Nice idea

would be hard to implement the house one as lots are already placed.
maybe more of these ideas will be tried when mo3 comes round :)

Reactions: Dramonis and Atom

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
the current crime system is half baked

Yeah and bounty system is a bandage to try make it sound good, but it wont be gankers will be safe and log out when finished with there group of gankers. bountys will be imposible to get from a group of people because your group would have to pk to get the bountys.....
They need to implement the pk system out of ultimaonline and mo1 to fix the mess and scrap the reputation system..
It needs to be red pks and consequences for the actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atom

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
well, the bounty will be a difficult task, let's say a PK guy from guild Y gets hunted. he and his guild always play together, how the bounty hunter will kill the target if the target walks with guild members that are not hunted?

now add a bigger problem, ppl from guild Y go to a dungeon guild X knows that PK guy is hunted and one of the members owns the rights, the guiçd X goes and traps guild Y in the dungeon in this situation if Guild Y successful defend Rpk Guy it will make all members not hunted get a bounty?

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
PvP for the reason of loot, and a challenging competition in a sandbox game, territory control and all those things is fine.
Ganking aka to get outnumbered happens and even having criminals aka red player playstyle is all fine and fun to have.
The problem imho allways is griefing and bullying, killing for killings sake, priest-/ spawancamping - even when "neccessary" because of a bad gamedesign about that.
Developers need to make sure thn open ffa full loot PvP is not abused to bully other players or make PvP feel overly toxic, but reasonable/ comprenhensable in a world driven by players and their actions.
But if the actions of players are responsible for people to leave the game, because they felt beeing griefed and bullied developers need to react.
Sure some people feel bullied very fast and scream for PvE Servers or cant take a loss or two, but some can but wont understand what is fun in killing horses only and then flee or priestcamp nakeds in the JC to no end or been able to come back too quickly when they were defeated trying to harass more peacefull, defensive players etc. not for loot or compete about ressources but for killings sake only.
Killing for killings sake can be a thing withing likeminded players in lawless town, but need to get restricted and harshly punished everywere else!
Good PvPers and good RPK's take care for their fellow blue players to not feel bullied and playing with and against toxic griefers only, but people who add some spice to the world and PvP.
RPK playstyle imho is way too easy and comes with way to loose restrictions, it can be easily abused to make it a toxic bully playstyle adding nothing to the world but others having a bad experience and quitting the game.
Spawncamping shouldn't be a thing neccessary and also not allowed or end up in a NPC interaction restriction for 24 hours ingame time.
Abusing glitches like resting on the sea ground, abusing bugged guards, loggin into s.o. house etc. should end up having a temp. ban and if done twice in a perma ban.
There is a lot GM's and SV could do and be strict and take responsibility consequently!
If they dont, a lot of players that would enlive the world beyond PvP and make the game more than just that, make it a popular online Roleplaying game with lots of different playstyles viable and welcome wont come and stay long.
Mortal Online can be more than it is, if SC is willing to take actions.
Im here because PvP is allways possible and a thing, but i'm not here to only PvP, i like ffa open world PvP with full loot because it's good to be able to happen and is more thrilling, feels more adangerous to go out and gather, explore etc. it's because i also can fight someone who talks shit or is acting dishonest, it's because it is more immersive to have some murderers running around, but it is not i reduce the game to PVP or would like a gameworld filled with murderers and killers who kill for killings sake to own me and tell me i'm shit.
That sort of gamers is unfortunately attracted easily and to often not dealt with properly by the Devs and GM's.
If they cannot rule this, they will lose their game to a few toxic bullies and that would be sad.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
PvP for the reason of loot, and a challenging competition in a sandbox game, territory control and all those things is fine.
Ganking aka to get outnumbered happens and even having criminals aka red player playstyle is all fine and fun to have.
The problem imho allways is griefing and bullying, killing for killings sake, priest-/ spawancamping - even when "neccessary" because of a bad gamedesign about that.
Developers need to make sure thn open ffa full loot PvP is not abused to bully other players or make PvP feel overly toxic, but reasonable in world driven by players and their actions.
But if the actions of players are responsible for people to leave the game, because they felt beeing griefed and bullied developers need to react.
Sure some people feel bullied very fast and scream for PvE Servers or cant take a loss or two, but some can but wont understand what is fun in killing horses only and then flee or priestcamp nakeds in the JC to no end or been able to come back too quickly when they were defeated trying to harass more peacefull, defensive players etc. not for loot or compete about ressources but for killings sake only.
Killing for killings sake can be a thing withing likeminded players in lawless town, but need to get restricted and harshly punished everywere else!
Good PvPers and good RPK's take care for their fellow blue players to not feel bullied and playing with and against toxic griefers only, but people who add some spice to the world and PvP.
RPK playstyle imho is way too easy and comes with way to loose restrictions, it can be easily abused to make it a toxic bully playstyle adding nothing to the world but others having a bad experience and quitting the game.
Spawncamping shouldn't be a thing neccessary and also not allowed or end up in a NPC interaction restriction for 24 hours ingame time.
Abusing glitches like resting on the sea ground, abusing bugged guards, loggin into s.o. house etc. should end up having a temp. ban and if done twice in a perma ban.
There is a lot GM's and SV could do and be strict and take responsibility consequently!
If they dont, a lot of players that would enlive the world beyond PvP and make the game more than just that, make it a popular online Roleplaying game with lots of different playstyles viable and welcome wont come and stay long.
Mortal Online can be more than it is, if SC is willing to take actions.
Im here because PvP is allways possible and a thing, but i'm not here to only PvP, i like ffa open world PvP with full loot because it's good to be able to happen and is more thrilling, feels more adangerous to go out and gather, explore etc. it's because i also can fight someone who talks shit or is acting dishonest, it's because it is more immersive to have some murderers running around, but it is not i reduce the game to PVP or would like a gameworld filled with murderers and killers who kill for killings sake to own me and tell me i'm shit.
That sort of gamers is unfortunately attracted easily and to often not dealt with properly by the Devs and GM's.
If they cannot rule this, they will lose their game to a few toxic bullies and that would be sad.

Anyone can understand some people might not be cool with getting ganked specially when on learning about the game.

The solution should be to make noobs understand the reality of player interaction on minute one of gameplay, so theres no confusion.

The learning curve concerning self awareness and use of the map geography and understanding of It's configuration might be a harsh journey for some people that are usted to more literal static straightforward systems. In MO for the non vet players i can understand it takes some time to get the game's dynamic. NPCs should offer till certain degree important information about the game for newbies to capitalize.

The problematic Is players think the way to help noobs integrate to the game Is by supplying (this made up need*) harder penalties, which Is not the right way. Because some players are so basic and unavailable to find other logic besides good or bad, rpk and arpk and this need to polarize and antagonize gamestyles, when in reality theres a great scale of shades in between.

Elemental changes need to be done with towns and current law of the world yet not for more punitive systems but for helping newbies, solo and small groups. It's obvious theres too many advantages for zergs, the question Is, how to benefit non zerg groups.

It's really hard to discuss or debate this in these forums because of the gaming mainstream logic many people has, wanting to convert mortal into a steam mmo clone. These very same people complaining on the lack of "punishment" are the ones not willing to understand or accept what the game offers.

Gear Is generally not that hard to access and theres allways cheap and somewhat efficient alternatives. Why noobs get so triggered when dead? Because they need to understand thats the nature of the game, death even tho Is frustrating turns out to be a valuable lesson.
Now questions raise, why Is death frustrating i mean besides losing. It's time effort, It's about time and risk-reward management and other considerations.
Now different configurations of the world geographic assets and mechanics could rework the flow of players resulting in more balanced scenarios but instead of talking about the nature of PVE, map and law resources players just think more penalties and timesink mechanics will di the trick, to punish the "psychopaths" that murder poor innocent people.

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
The game is realism in a sandbox mythical medieval world right?
All through civilizations there has been Law and order with punishments.
Murderers in game don't have harsh enough consequences.
First the bug needs fixing asap to report the murderer because it feels like justice isn't severed every time you are killed at present.
The Murderer really need to go pure red and not able to go into towns unless the towns are lawless or player run pk towns.
If a murderer dies after a predefined number of mindless kills say 10? They should have fear of rezing to soon when they die and have to stay as a ghost until there murder counts are gone. Then they might think twice before killing some one especially big groups of gankers who go mindless killing without fear of any thing.
If they rez as a red player they should get stat loss and skill loss. It need to force them to be a ghost untill they repent and can re-join the civilised players again.
Its not a good look for players new to the game when they get murdered and nothing is done about it.

The inability to report murder is absolutely, mind bogglingly terrible, and needs to be fixed ASAP. Either that or they need to add lawless areas that signify that you cannot report murder in those areas.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Anyone can understand some people might not be cool with getting ganked specially when on learning about the game.

The solution should be to make noobs understand the reality of player interaction on minute one of gameplay, so theres no confusion.

The learning curve concerning self awareness and use of the map geography and understanding of It's configuration might be a harsh journey for some people that are usted to more literal static straightforward systems. In MO for the non vet players i can understand it takes some time to get the game's dynamic. NPCs should offer till certain degree important information about the game for newbies to capitalize.

The problematic Is players think the way to help noobs integrate to the game Is by supplying (this made up need*) harder penalties, which Is not the right way. Because some players are so basic and unavailable to find other logic besides good or bad, rpk and arpk and this need to polarize and antagonize gamestyles, when in reality theres a great scale of shades in between.

Elemental changes need to be done with towns and current law of the world yet not for more punitive systems but for helping newbies, solo and small groups. It's obvious theres too many advantages for zergs, the question Is, how to benefit non zerg groups.

It's really hard to discuss or debate this in these forums because of the gaming mainstream logic many people has, wanting to convert mortal into a steam mmo clone. These very same people complaining on the lack of "punishment" are the ones not willing to understand or accept what the game offers.

Gear Is generally not that hard to access and theres allways cheap and somewhat efficient alternatives. Why noobs get so triggered when dead? Because they need to understand thats the nature of the game, death even tho Is frustrating turns out to be a valuable lesson.
Now questions raise, why Is death frustrating i mean besides losing. It's time effort, It's about time and risk-reward management and other considerations.
Now different configurations of the world geographic assets and mechanics could rework the flow of players resulting in more balanced scenarios but instead of talking about the nature of PVE, map and law resources players just think more penalties and timesink mechanics will di the trick, to punish the "psychopaths" that murder poor innocent people.
You only have to ask a few simple questions to understand:
Why isn't the game completely lawless?
Why have any penalties at all?
Why can't players just kill anyone at will?

The answer is just as simple. It's because that would only cater for a small minority of players. The game would die because it would lose one of the most fundamental themes of game design. The theme of fairness.

Nobody wants to be reminded that real life isn't fair. We know that we could get burgled because we have been. We know that things can get stolen because it has happened to us. We don't want a game that recreates some of the worst facets of real life without also attempting to catch and bring those troublemakers to justice.

So there has to at least be the idea of justice. That there is good and bad. And ultimately there needs to be the idea that, although it's not fair all the time, it feels fair most of the time.

That's the balance. There has to be a point where people accept loss but the ones taking have to acknowledge that they too will eventually be held to account for inflicting those losses.