Murderers and Consequences

Xucidel

Apr 8, 2022
We need the game to be carebear and punish the PvPers...

Game has been increasingly more and more punishing for PvPers and yet the pop continues to fall. We are sub the height of betas pop now.

beta was a better game.
The pop is probably falling because you can't leave Fab without getting insta-killed by a blue guy who wants your ore, leather, or just the kill stat. The correlation between player drop and your perceived "more punishing for PVPers" is unfounded. The player pop is dropping because anyone new to this series of game says "fuck it, I'm out" and goes back to one of the other million games they can play, after they get PKed by some random asshole(s) for the 4th time literally in a row, in one night. I'm also guessing you're one of those random assholes.

ALSO - PVP is not PVN (player vs noob). This isn't 1995 - there are plenty of alternatives for people to go to which don't involve them being fodder for some sociopath gamer.

Reactions: Riija and Xunila

Xucidel

Apr 8, 2022
Yet 89.5% of MO2 is based on the core mechanics of that relic. Relics are timeless. The current system sucks and I know for a fact it will be why I, and many others, stop playing. You need proper consequences for griefing/trolling, otherwise you wind up with the GOP.

Reactions: Skabsticles

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The pop is probably falling because you can't leave Fab without getting insta-killed by a blue guy who wants your ore, leather, or just the kill stat. The correlation between player drop and your perceived "more punishing for PVPers" is unfounded. The player pop is dropping because anyone new to this series of game says "fuck it, I'm out" and goes back to one of the other million games they can play, after they get PKed by some random asshole(s) for the 4th time literally in a row, in one night. I'm also guessing you're one of those random assholes.

ALSO - PVP is not PVN (player vs noob). This isn't 1995 - there are plenty of alternatives for people to go to which don't involve them being fodder for some sociopath gamer.

How do you Even know why is people quitting this game? You seem quite confident on the reason. You are partially right tho, some" people that tried the game wasn't the public and quit due to the concept of the game. Some people can't endure unfair situations and they need to play a game it's a safe space, which won't ever be the case of mortal no matters how much u guys complain about non consensual PVP and the "lack of punishment" you claim there is.

PVP is player vs noob, noobs gotta learn mechanics and how to play in the world. Death is a natural part of the understanding of the world's dynamic.

Fab is a hotspot, try and understand that the more the people are in certain areas the more conflict it's gonna be. Now if You want a relaxed life move on to mohki or somewhere else.

One of the real problematics is the learning curve and the lack of ingame tools to teach newbies how to do shit in the world and they have to relay on helpchat which should be removed from the game cuz it's the most moronic feature MO has.

This forums are full of people that unable to make any anslysis of the game they come up with a super reductive "solutions" to fundamental problematics.

The nature of the game and the conflict concept aint things you guys are going to change because it's something it's not open for argument. Not because i say so, because it's the game design and it's been part of MO1 for like more than a decade. It's the experience it's being offered and it's understandable not all steam noobs would like to play it.

Now if you discussed the game in other terms ir would probably be a much more interesting conversation thats not "add more punishment" or "make it like última".

"sociopath gamer", get a grip already.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrgHck

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yet 89.5% of MO2 is based on the core mechanics of that relic. Relics are timeless. The current system sucks and I know for a fact it will be why I, and many others, stop playing. You need proper consequences for griefing/trolling, otherwise you wind up with the GOP.
Dude if success is making a steam themepark clone to hand feed mainstream idiots i rather see mortal completly unsucessfull. Because Even tho development is poop i gotta Say theres no other game's like it. Why would you make the same greasy clone everyone does. It's not casual mortal design Is how it Is, It's not a mistake or lack of law. Conflict Is intended to happen.

• Love
Reactions: CrgHck and Midkemma

Tzone

May 16, 2021

I can leave fab just fine.

Beta was about the same numbers at its peak and was way less carebear. A player with MCs didnt have to run half a hour back to town.
Pop is still dropping and will probably go sub beta numbers. Beta was the superior version of the game.

But with others sentiments whats the point of making the game like other game to be more "succesfull"? Selling off the good parts of the game to have a more shallow and less fulfilling game but for more players. People didnt support this games development to just have another lowest common denominator game.

If the game keeps getting worse but you get more shallow players whats the point of the game anyway. It like saying your should add journalist mode to darksouls so its more succesfull.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Man this patch sending all the players including blues to red priest. Let them experiences how "easy" it is being a red player with "no consequences" ressing at the priest with players already holding overheads waiting to kill you. They can still ghost back to the towns so not the full treatment of walking to a alternative priest to spawn before walking back to town.

For how not bad its supposedly is for red players, people sure are freaking out a lot over losing rep in town because they hit a warcombatant/ally.

Last edited:

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
We need the game to be carebear and punish the PvPers...

Game has been increasingly more and more punishing for PvPers and yet the pop continues to fall. We are sub the height of betas pop now.

beta was a better game.

There is no worthy punishments its easy to play toxic

Man this patch sending all the players including blues to red priest. Let them experiences how "easy" it is being a red player with "no consequences" ressing at the priest with players already holding overheads waiting to kill you. They can still ghost back to the towns so not the full treatment of walking to a alternative priest to spawn before walking back to town.

For how not bad its supposedly is for red players, people sure are freaking out a lot over losing rep in town because they hit a warcombatant/ally.

Ghost running in game is so fast it means nothing..
Every one has enough taming to tame there own horse and is then also easy to get back to town 10mins at most.. not punishing at all.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The pop is probably falling because you can't leave Fab without getting insta-killed by a blue guy who wants your ore, leather, or just the kill stat.

Same for jungle camp where I spent some days to read some books last weekend. Some players are riding around through the area with a terror bird and kill everybody: naked in the bank, naked at the horse spawn (where sometimes three or more players are waiting for the next horse), and at the sator spots. But they don't get red (all times I got killed by blue players) and they get no consequences because the stupid priest is named Khurite but seems to work for the Anam Sith. The vendors should be Anam Sith, too, and should not talk to players with bad reputation.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Same for jungle camp where I spent some days to read some books last weekend. Some players are riding around through the area with a terror bird and kill everybody: naked in the bank, naked at the horse spawn (where sometimes three or more players are waiting for the next horse), and at the sator spots. But they don't get red (all times I got killed by blue players) and they get no consequences because the stupid priest is named Khurite but seems to work for the Anam Sith. The vendors should be Anam Sith, too, and should not talk to players with bad reputation.
The jungle should be a lawless area anyways. Dont see the problem

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
The jungle should be a lawless area anyways. Dont see the problem

I agree its a lawless town and should be a free for all, but without any decent system in place like the uo murder system. Currently i dont see the point of lawless towns? And blue murderer can go into a normal town and do a few parcel runs to counter the greifing its no different to lawless towns.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021

Most people in my guild have left the game, not a single one left because "i can't leave Fab". They left because first queues, then bugs, then the removal of red priests, then the population dropped so much that to get any PvP, you'd either need to roam for 1.5 hours to maybe find someone to fight, or just live near Meduli graveyard, killing people there until zerg comes.

But yeah, people will say that MO2 died because it was full loot PvP, talking about sheep vs wolves BS theory and stuff. Surely it didn't die because 3 months after release we still don't have a proper wardec system, no sieges etc, but hey we can now call aimbotting guards who can shoot while backpedaling at lean veela speeds.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Most people in my guild have left the game, not a single one left because "i can't leave Fab". They left because first queues, then bugs, then the removal of red priests, then the population dropped so much that to get any PvP, you'd either need to roam for 1.5 hours to maybe find someone to fight, or just live near Meduli graveyard, killing people there until zerg comes.

But yeah, people will say that MO2 died because it was full loot PvP, talking about sheep vs wolves BS theory and stuff. Surely it didn't die because 3 months after release we still don't have a proper wardec system, no sieges etc, but hey we can now call aimbotting guards who can shoot while backpedaling at lean veela speeds.

You seem deflated lol
I am sure people are leaving for many reasons.....
Maybe you should start a thread with your concerns for the dev's?
This one is about murderers not having harsh enough consequences ;)

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
@Skabsticles
@Khulan

PvP = PvP
Dying to give MC/Rep loss = Griefing.

Hows UO doing? Not well ok. Hows Rust doing? 100k peak daily, wow. Which one has more casual players too? Rust.
Why no punishment for people who die repeatedly in order to make the guy you beat them in PvP loss something?

The most toxic players Ive experienced in any game are the carebears. They get so mad even though they lost nothing and will spend hours left in their session to grief the person that won the contested spot. Punish people for defending them selves which is what these anti PvP mechanics have done already. It nothing to do with dying in a game, its that they just cant stand someone else doing something to them and it makes them angry.

People who call open world PvP greifing and that there needs to be more consequences just want the NPC and game to win their fights for them. Give more consequences for blue players instead.

If you are getting emotionally hurt over pixels (and easily replacable pixels at that), thats weird. Seek a therapist or something.

UO still has a larger playerbase on there subscribed server not to mentions the thousands that play on free run "shards"

carebears griefing you? , i feel like youve lost your place maybe ur looking at this wrong and your the carebear now and they are the griefers.

open world pvp and murderering isnt griefing , griefing is rez killing and abuse of other game mechanics to harrass those who are trying to play.

if you are a murderer you arent being griefed your definitly going to be givin a harder time tho.

Reactions: Skabsticles

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
UO still has a larger playerbase on there subscribed server not to mentions the thousands that play on free run "shards"

carebears griefing you? , i feel like youve lost your place maybe ur looking at this wrong and your the carebear now and they are the griefers.

open world pvp and murderering isnt griefing , griefing is rez killing and abuse of other game mechanics to harrass those who are trying to play.

if you are a murderer you arent being griefed your definitly going to be givin a harder time tho.

Its a shame though that most of the open world murdering is by multiple people ganking which I personally think is like greifing and If you are killing some one less superior to your self like an unarmed miner then thats just plain toxic.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Its a shame though that most of the open world murdering is by multiple people ganking which I personally think is like greifing and If you are killing some one less superior to your self like an unarmed miner then thats just plain toxic.
Being unarmed miner is not a pvp toggle.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Being unarmed miner is not a pvp toggle.

I didn't say it is.
But killing a miner when your are sat on a horse fully armoured with ranged mounted archery isn't really a very rewarding experience other than feeding the murderers ego.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I didn't say it is.
But killing a miner when your are sat on a horse fully armoured with ranged mounted archery isn't really a very rewarding experience other than feeding the murderers ego.
It may not be satisfying but now they can take whatever you were mining.