Murder Count Should be Capped

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
So.. As someone who has murdered over a hundred people, someone informed me this would take around 700-800 hours of ingame time to go down. At this point i feel like waiting for it to go down is pointless, and i should just keep going as i am.

What i'm saying is, this murder count is just pushing me to murder more, because it feels like a point of no return.

Now, yes, i'm such an awful person etc, but this is just a game. Let's not get real life morality wrapped up in what is just a video game. I'm not a bad person for murdering people in a game. Let's keep it rational.

This length of time is basically forcing me to forever commit to being a criminal.. Unless you think i'm going to play for 800 hours without killing someone..

Now, i've got to ask. .Is this the desired intention? Do people want murderers to be pushed past what is essentially a point of no return? Because that means a world with more murderers. Is this what people want?

It means murderers have nothing to lose by murdering.

It isn't really a punishment, i'm used to the murderers life now...That point of no return feels like there is nothing to hold me back or pull me back into being a non-murderer again..

So i'm wondering why there isn't perhaps a cap on max murders to stop this timer getting to this point of no return.. That way there is always the temptation of getting roped back into being blue as opposed to being completely liberated from that temptation like how i feel now.

Blues.. Do you want more or less murderers?

Also, it should be less punishing going red in general.. Why do i feel this way? Because the crim town markets are dead. This is a huge indicator that it is too harsh to be a red name. Putting in a murder cap let's people feel they can more freely go red and thus allow the crim town market to pick up a bit more than they currently are. They're literally dead at the moment.

As for what the murder cap should be? Who knows. 20? 30? 40?

Anyone who is tired of being red, and lacks the patience to wait 800 hours ( which is reasonable), is just another player lost from the game. By being so strict, it literally pushes players away from playing the game.

Last edited:

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
But joking aside, a shady city official that you meet in a dark alley somewhere that would reduce your count for a certain price might be a fun gold sink... Having a "shady black market" faction that you could work on to get better prices would be even better... (y)

Reactions: Rahz

Jethub

Dec 1, 2021
So.. As someone who has murdered over a hundred people, someone informed me this would take around 700-800 hours of ingame time to go down. At this point i feel like waiting for it to go down is pointless, and i should just keep going as i am.

What i'm saying is, this murder count is just pushing me to murder more, because it feels like a point of no return.

Now, yes, i'm such an awful person etc, but this is just a game. Let's not get real life morality wrapped up in what is just a video game. I'm not a bad person for murdering people in a game. Let's keep it rational.

This length of time is basically forcing me to forever commit to being a criminal.. Unless you think i'm going to play for 800 hours without killing someone..

Now, i've got to ask. .Is this the desired intention? Do people want murderers to be pushed past what is essentially a point of no return? Because that means a world with more murderers. Is this what people want?

It isn't really a punishment, i'm used to the murderers life now...That point of no return feels like there is nothing to hold me back or pull me back into being a non-murderer again..

So i'm wondering why there isn't perhaps a cap on max murders to stop this timer getting to this point of no return.. That way there is always the temptation of getting roped back into being blue as opposed to being completely liberated from that temptation like how i feel now.

Blues.. Do you want more or less murderers?

Also, it should be less punishing going red in general.. Why do i feel this way? Because the crim town markets are dead. This is a huge indicator that it is too harsh to be a red name. Putting in a murder cap let's people feel they can more freely go red and thus allow the crim town market to pick up a bit more than they currently are. They're literally dead at the moment.

As for what the murder cap should be? Who knows. 20? 30? 40?

Anyone who is tired of being red, and lacks the patience to wait 800 hours ( which is reasonable), is just another player lost from the game. By being so strict, it literally pushes players away from playing the game.

i think red town markets are dead because reds are allowed into normal towns.... If reds were not able to enter normal towns the markets in red towns would once again boom.

RPG4EVA

Jan 12, 2024
"Now, yes, i'm such an awful person etc, but this is just a game. Let's not get real life morality wrapped up in what is just a video game. I'm not a bad person for murdering people in a game. Let's keep it rational."

I don't think this is the complaint folks have. I personally don't mind being in a PVP game and still go about my business and most likely occasionally get killed (preferably for a good reason) but it's still irritating, especially if there is no real reason for a PKer to do it apart from they want to annoy somebody.

My question: You like the game, yes? you'd like it to continue and grow? Then, why annoy a subset of players that could really help grow another side of the game and increase funds significantly potentially leaving them to want to stop playing, thus removing the benefits of additional players.

Like, you could just carry on your way and leave the dude picking flowers or killing a bandit alone. Now if said person is in a waring guild or they flip you the bird then sure go jam a sword in their backs.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Nothing can instantly turn from one position to the opposite, committing crimes you spent time and effort on them. Spend the same amount of effort to change, or is there the easiest way: return to Haven

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
It is intended as your actions are tied to your reputation and only way to "go back" is to delete your red character and start anew, that is intended.

Even so, why would you want to go back, if you have several hunderths of murder counts, you cleary enjoy PvP and beiing red attracts more PvP towards you, there's no shame in beiing red, the main punishment is that you're semi-locked out of blue cities which isnt an issue at all if you have a guild which as a PvP player, you very likely do have, if not, you should probably get into one if the disadvantages bother you.

I feel current red player system is great, fair tagging for both sides where murderes feel the consuqences of killing often but can subvert them by banding together into a guild and building their own town and for example setting up trades with blue players through discord (later into development public player owned brokers).

Reactions: Jethub

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
for real red players, this reputation system does not harm or affect them in any way, they honestly play their role...and mostly single griefers whine, so the system is directed against them, this shit is not needed in the game

Reactions: Jethub

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
It is intended as your actions are tied to your reputation and only way to "go back" is to delete your red character and start anew, that is intended.

Even so, why would you want to go back, if you have several hunderths of murder counts, you cleary enjoy PvP and beiing red attracts more PvP towards you, there's no shame in beiing red, the main punishment is that you're semi-locked out of blue cities which isnt an issue at all if you have a guild which as a PvP player, you very likely do have, if not, you should probably get into one if the disadvantages bother you.

I feel current red player system is great, fair tagging for both sides where murderes feel the consuqences of killing often but can subvert them by banding together into a guild and building their own town and for example setting up trades with blue players through discord (later into development public player owned brokers).
Obviously i'm not deleting my character, i'll just keep murdering because i've got no choice now.

I mean, really.. It is the logic of it being like a point of no return. I thought blues wanted less murderers, i now have nothing but murder.

It is like the real life justice system.. You put someone in prison for 100 years, they just kill again in prison because they know there is no getting out of it anyway. There is nothing to lose that is not already lost.

It just causes criminals to forever be criminals and so feel free to commit more crimes.

Last edited:

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
Nothing can instantly turn from one position to the opposite, committing crimes you spent time and effort on them. Spend the same amount of effort to change, or is there the easiest way: return to Haven
Right, i didn't put 8 hours into each murder though.

It can take less than a minute to go from deciding to kill someone to then killing them.

Now you may say i deprived that played of 8 hours of their time.. That entirely depends what they were carrying.

If it is evaluated at the time taken from the person murdered, an average would certainly NOT be 8 hours.

Last edited:

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
i think red town markets are dead because reds are allowed into normal towns.... If reds were not able to enter normal towns the markets in red towns would once again boom.
Good point, but... I would feel nervous about going to a guarded town as a red name when i've got something to sell. Also, there is more of a team mentality. If you're in with a bunch of reds, anyone can attack anyone, but in a guarded town, you're the only person they can freely attack.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think what the OP is wanting is a way to turn things around if one so chooses, this isn't real life so as a game there needs to be a way for players to make that change happen, within reason.

If 10 murdercounts turn you into a murderer, then maybe set 20 as the limit? After all, 20 murdercounts equate to 160 hours (roughly one whole week) of no murdering while in-game, not offline burning murdercounts which takes even longer.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
The red name change has had a positive effect on the community. you have alot less opportunists now. most people are scared to be red so thats the deterent. once your red youve singed up for non consentual pvp. similar to the non consentual pvp the persons you murdered had. red name = more pvp and you obviously love the pvp.

Reactions: Melhisedek

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
The red name change has had a positive effect on the community. you have alot less opportunists now. most people are scared to be red so thats the deterent. once your red youve singed up for non consentual pvp. similar to the non consentual pvp the persons you murdered had. red name = more pvp and you obviously love the pvp.
Right, but i feel like when the market is so bad, being red is too hard.

Like, reds should have a market in their red town, but they don't. In turn, this just results in a downward spiral until everyone is blue.

You need reds to be in the game for player events to occur. Reds are important to making the game fun for the blues. To give them that excitement when they leave a town that someone could attack them and take their stuff.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Right, but i feel like when the market is so bad, being red is too hard.

Like, reds should have a market in their red town, but they don't. In turn, this just results in a downward spiral until everyone is blue.

You need reds to be in the game for player events to occur. Reds are important to making the game fun for the blues. To give them that excitement when they leave a town that someone could attack them and take their stuff.
I agree that life can be hard for reds , it should be difficult for sure however i do agree that there should be red towns like kranesh that work for reds properly. I would like to see New guard AI implemented in Kranesh specificaly . Where the guards themselves are red/grey but they are the opposit of blue guards , protecting the red players from the blue players.

Making kranesh the place where reds can go to trade and also be protected from the guards

reds cant attack other reds in kranesh without guard involvement.

Blues would only be able to enter kranesh if they had proper "kranesh" rep similar to reds for blue towns.

blues would be attacked by NPC guards once spotted unless they have positive reputation with "kranesh" rep.

Small wilderness area around kranesh With NPC bandits/outlaws ,etc but if you kill them you lose "kranesh" rep but obviously have better then normal loot tables to encourage the pvp in the area.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I agree that life can be hard for reds , it should be difficult for sure however i do agree that there should be red towns like kranesh that work for reds properly. I would like to see New guard AI implemented in Kranesh specificaly . Where the guards themselves are red/grey but they are the opposit of blue guards , protecting the red players from the blue players.

Making kranesh the place where reds can go to trade and also be protected from the guards

Blues would only be able to enter kranesh if they had proper "kranesh" rep similar to reds for blue towns.

blues would be attacked by NPC guards once spotted unless they have positive reputation with "kranesh" rep.

Small wilderness area around kranesh With NPC bandits/outlaws ,etc but if you kill them you lose "kranesh" rep but obviously have better then normal loot tables to encourage the pvp in the area.
Good ideas.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If you really want to get rid of your MC all you have to do is re-roll. Its not hard, you even get to keep your house. I myself have re-rolled dozens of times, even just to try a different playstyle. Skilling up takes little time.

The problem with you, is that your playstyle is very obviously that of a murderer. So it doesn't matter how many time you'll start as blue, cause you will go red in no time.

It doesnt matter if there is a cap. If you cant keep under the 10 MC cap to go red, a total cap wont help. You'll always be maxed out on MCs anyways. This “no way back” mentality is just an excuse. There are “ways back” you are just not that interested in them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melhisedek

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem

You have confused the style of play and the purpose of the game, all that you have described is factional wars for territory and resources, and there should be no place for scum anywhere. The reds interfere with trade and industrial processes, so why should these reds have something to do with these activities themselves. You had wanted to pvp then do devour until you shit yourself