Multy clients

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021
There was alot of annoying things in mortal that people didnt complain much about like extraction times because while you where AFT mining, or extracting wasting your IRL time to sit and wait, you could just multi box and actually play the game on another character while you traveled to places or had to AFK on time gating parts of the game.

Just expect to see alot of other complaints like the extracting ones we are now seeing as people cant multi client around not AFKing them now.

True, extracting, crafting and pve in general was on the verge of being the opposite of fun. In general terms the game complexity depended only in the amount of time it took to do things, most of the content wouldn't require ingenuity or a higher degree of involvement, exploration was possibly the only thing that players could use to capitalize the content. Exacly the same happens in MO2 only cuz these elemental concept flaws never been addressed and SV allways been gucci with that.
Yes people bypassed the tediousness of certain activities by having alts, but more than a feature it was a massive contradiction in the game design, just like it is now.

D

Deleted member 44

The one character per account has one reason... greed. Henrik can hide the "reasons" behind flowery language but it doesn't change the fact that having one character per account gives them more game sales and subscription money.

Reactions: Albano Dravae

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
They did kind of shoot themselves in the foot with the easy anti cheat. Unless it's not that hard to find a way around it I believe it shut down multiboxing on 1 PC.

Dastardly

May 29, 2020
The one character per account has one reason... greed. Henrik can hide the "reasons" behind flowery language but it doesn't change the fact that having one character per account gives them more game sales and subscription money.

This is short minded thinking. I can think of many ways to get more money out of people than forcing to have more than one account. It's real easy to come here and say things like this with nothing proving your point.

Reactions: Snasen
D

Deleted member 44

This is short minded thinking. I can think of many ways to get more money out of people than forcing to have more than one account. It's real easy to come here and say things like this with nothing proving your point.
I hate to break it to you but the world revolves around money. If you follow the money you'll find where most peoples motivation lies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021

I think theres the money factor yes, and its absolutly naive to deny thats a possible reason for them to be monetizing accounts the way they do. Specially considering they allways had the regret of having F2P mode in MO1. I don't think that F2P model failed at all and they are mad if they think it actually generated loss.

Then it was promised that for MO2 the whole account/characters model was going to be rebuilt in a manner that you wouldn't need several accounts anymore encouraging the cooperative nature of the game, relying on the concept of player interaction and single character versatility. Meaning that you wouldn't need several accounts to necessarily have fun in the game.

Problem is, in paper we can say oh its wonderful. But if theres no actual design to backup such system its going to be exacly like MO1.

The root problem is that they never understood the reason people wanted and used several accounts, and no matter what everyone made use of multiclient.

Several characters per account in MO1 ment versatility and time efficiency.
As we all know the game used to be really time consuming in terms of travelling and gathering, combat and sieging generally took massive time aswell. Having the ability to suddently choose between 4 characters in the same account gave players a somewhat versatile spectrum of activities. Being able to BE at 4 different places by just logging off and on again.

Now in MO2 the map is bigger, mounts are slow, map is empty, you only have one character, ghostmode travelling is a dumbass WOW mechanic that doesn't have any purpose whatsoever unless it has other mechanics backing up the whole concept of ghost travelling.

So, right now a player that doesn't have 2 PCs is blessed with one character to be at one place at a time, to travel massive distances just to have a little fight or explore the empty world. Can only have one set of warrior skills and not that versatile crafting. Not to mention crafting and gathering can't be less challenging or fun. I mean, are we really getting this mining and extraction in a 2021 UE4 game?

What they don't understand is that people that liked the game allways tried to find the way to bypass time consuming mechanics, the whole concept of challenging pve in mortal allways been time consumption related and nothing else.

Comparing MO1 design and the course MO2 is taking i can say i don't think they really addressed core problematics from the very foundations of the game and i really hope it doesn't become the pilling up of placeholder content MO1 used to be.

And @Dastardly before EAC the game was a P2W scenario, not that really matters right now cuz theres no actual competitive play. But even with EAC the game will continue to be P2W, whoever denies that can't do simple math.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
I hate to break it to you but the world revolves around money. If you follow the money you'll find where most peoples motivation lies.

Correct and MMOs are expensive games to make and even more so expensive to run. Sure, if it was true that the 1 character model was simply to extract the most out of the absolute Niche market this game has, as it's been mentioned, there are still better ways to extract the maximum amount of value from your playerbase. Microtransactions are one such example. With this in mind, I think this assumption is highly cynical, especially considering the developers have provided us with a logical argument for why this decision has been made.

Reactions: Kokolo

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

They was surely getting lots of additional subs in MO1 with the multi character accounts.

With steam accounts tied directly to the game account now and the anticheat measures, SV appears to be leaning pretty hard against multi clients.

So, it seems like there was more money from less people with MO1. In MO2 though, they will have to get more players to make the same money.

I am sure that Henrik can see this, so they are most likely banking on having a much larger playerbase this time around. Lets hope that is what they can pull off.

Reactions: MomoWang and Xunila

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
one of the big issues with 1 char is that you get so little for your money. you have to buy the game and pay monthly so you can play a game that heavily limits what you can do per character, that most likely wont have high enough population to play as intended. This doesnt promote peopel subbing more accounts, it promotes people just not playing and going somewhere else. Which isnt good, when the whole game loop requires other players to be fun.

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021
one of the big issues with 1 char is that you get so little for your money. you have to buy the game and pay monthly so you can play a game that heavily limits what you can do per character, that most likely wont have high enough population to play as intended. This doesnt promote peopel subbing more accounts, it promotes people just not playing and going somewhere else. Which isnt good, when the whole game loop requires other players to be fun.
Fix to this could be to make less límited organic set of skills and not such a poor pool of skill points. Not to mention most of the training of skills Is tedious and Macro friendly and who wants to invite 3rd party macro programs to make the game less Time consuming.

Reactions: Jatix

DaChieftain

Nov 20, 2020
I want to dual box so like., Someone teach me lol.

If some one wants to have two clients.. let them. They still have to grind, and pay for it. Let em burn out and enjoy your game.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Henrik said on his stream that they were not going to try to keep people from having more than one account.
He also said that they would be selling the game through Epic games as well as Steam so that by getting an account from each you might be able to open both at once.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Henrik said on his stream that they were not going to try to keep people from having more than one account.
He also said that they would be selling the game through Epic games as well as Steam so that by getting an account from each you might be able to open both at once.

Thank you for that information! Would be the easiest way (and maybe only way) to run two clients on one PC.

D

Deleted member 44

As far as I'm aware, you can only run one EAC game at a time regardless of the marketplace in which it comes from.

Reactions: Woody

Xatras

Aug 21, 2021
If you like the game so much that 1 char is not enough - support the game more ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Xunila