Mounted

Maxstor

May 28, 2020
Tabriz
You're right you can't just compare things in a vacuum. When you compare mounted's ability to move the fastest in the game, hit the hardest in the game, have the most HP in the game, carry the most weight in the game while pveing, kill the most monsters solo in the game, have the highest solo survivability in the game, and require the least amount of armor slots in the game (only head torso legs boots more or less). You can OBJECTIVELY say it is too strong.

I also play mounted please tell me what you think my deficits are in understanding and or skill level that i'm assessing this completely wrong.

Also just because I can kill mounteds without much trouble, doesn't mean its balanced

now that's how you take down mounteds as a mage. textbook magery then again there are people who will complain no matter what even when that last mounted escaped with low hp it was cause you and your group were hitting eachother you took hits from teammates as well but still you guys were fighting mounteds in the open field no problem cause you guys knew how to combat a mounted which is the point Rhodri made about know your enemy and not knowing it will cause problems. But then there are people who say oh not everyone is this skilled or has this group etc to deal with mounteds well then learn the fucking game and make a proper group before going out into wilderness.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
how about allowing armors 50kg plus on mounteds why not a rolling tank. why not fix spear stance and dismount mechanics with spears problem solved.
Mounted would be insanly op vs everything else and thats okay.
they would be fucked from archers and spear carriers problem solved, 100 Realism no bullshit.

I hope sv handles it like that. and if dismounted with 50kg armor good luck surviving.

Maxstor

May 28, 2020
Tabriz
how about allowing armors 50kg plus on mounteds why not a rolling tank. why not fix spear stance and dismount mechanics with spears problem solved.
Mounted would be insanly op vs everything else and thats okay.
they would be fucked from archers and spear carriers problem solved, 100 Realism no bullshit.

I hope sv handles it like that. and if dismounted with 50kg armor good luck surviving.
Fixing spear stance is another good way of helping the balance and adds other ways of gameplay I totally agree with that and the spear stance should do massive damage to horses if not outright kill a full galloping horse and if it hits player it should hit hard calculating the speed and weapon and weapon skill into it. but I think you were joking about your first sentence about 50kg plus mounteds but keep in mind the cavalry units were heavily armored and their horses were also armored to charge with weight. So I think if they add spear stance and more arrow dmg to horses and couple that with other damage types that can also dismount if hit hard enough I think they should also add more knockdown damage calculating the character+horse weight and speed in impact and that would also be a good change imo but it needs to be done as a total not just one part.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Sorry but if it takes 10 people 20 seconds to kill 1 horse they are garbage tier.. and here is how MO works and it's a fact be it foot fighter or mounted the more numbers the less efficiency. Meaning there will be more misses more friendly fire and so on. Honestly it only and only takes 2 good foot fighters to kill a dismounted players horse where they don't handle hit a standing horse nor miss and can clean hit it in the body and head. and you know it better than everyone else. Last patch 125 bull horses iirc had 425 HP which is 5 proper swings which can be even done solo if done properly to horse head which is massive. Getting that horse to 0 is not also the challenge if you get a horse to low hp the mounted won't be able to perform anymore cause he will lose it. But yeah saying it took 10 ppl 20 secs to kill a horse is a bit you know lame coming from someone skilled like el perro. I think if all dmg types that can do high damage to horse should dismount will make it much easier for foot fighter to fight against mounteds and it will be both logical to get dismounted with a clean hit and also balance wise. I played mostly mounted and I was the first one to welcome the EQ change back in the day that gave mages a tool to combat mounteds I think this change I mentioned is also good to give something to foot fighters. Because I'm not blindly support mounted I loved it when they nerfed mounted handle hits cause it used to do more damage than normal swings and it took away skills from mounted but after the change many mounteds were garbage tier cause they couldn't land normal hits they would get near mages and get EQed etc. I like how that change forced mounteds to be shock troops rather than main assault units. People should adapt and change train themselves and get better rather than complain all the time about someone using a crit dagger or someone using a mounted combat or someone is a foot archer with no stam bow. Because they put time and effort into becoming that and mastering that class lets say and now reaping the reward of that. So most people go cry to devs to nerf them. while real chads and pvpers adapt and think through and train and eventually they can combat it and make it work.
Well they are RPK xD but they were all using top tier weapons and you can see Rhias getting 2-3 clean hits on the mount, still takes alot longer than it should...

But anyways Im not disputing that there arent ways to deal with mounteds. But the counters are more like pokemon where you either have the right build like Tek that can destroy mounteds or you stand no chance. This is pretty boring IMO

If we want a better system there should be compromises from both sides. Dismounts where SV way of countering super horses, instead of looking at the main issue which is breeding. But stuns dont really have a place in a skill based like MO, they fit better in tab target games like WoW. So id say reduce dismount timer to like 1 second while finally nerfing breeding into a system where you have choices instead of 1 horse to rule them all. Breeding wasnt even like that IRL, there wasnt a war horse that was the fastest, could travel long distances and also carry a full armored knight on their back.

Reactions: Maxstor

Maxstor

May 28, 2020
Tabriz
Well they are RPK xD but they were all using top tier weapons and you can see Rhias getting 2-3 clean hits on the mount, still takes alot longer than it should...

But anyways Im not disputing that there arent ways to deal with mounteds. But the counters are more like pokemon where you either have the right build like Tek that can destroy mounteds or you stand no chance. This is pretty boring IMO

If we want a better system there should be compromises from both sides. Dismounts where SV way of countering super horses, instead of looking at the main issue which is breeding. But stuns dont really have a place in a skill based like MO, they fit better in tab target games like WoW. So id say reduce dismount timer to like 1 second while finally nerfing breeding into a system where you have choices instead of 1 horse to rule them all. Breeding wasnt even like that IRL, there wasnt a war horse that was the fastest, could travel long distances and also carry a full armored knight on their back.
Agreed. I think breeding need a rework in some ways: 1. The tamed animals will have lower stats and it will be difficult and more rare to find good stats in the wilderness. 2. The system become way more costly and more complex so it's way harder to get good mounts and ultra rare to find exeptionally high stated breeds. 3. There is now a system that the new born baby will inherit part of the parents stats(say a desert horse and bull horse breed will result in either a fast horse with a bit of strength or a strong horse with a bit of speed or some speed and some strength instead of the old system where it would inherit all the good stats of both worlds) 4. There is a small chance(1-5%) the baby will be exceptional which will inherit most of the stats of both parents(This should give chance to have those strong warhorses but there won't be many of em running around only a few and that is if people would wanna risk taking em to combat which should reduce their chance of appearance in combat. Note: The exceptional mounts if bred with other mounts will still have normal babies or then again 1-5% chance to have exceptional baby which will push the mount to ultra ultra rare spot to like maybe have 1-2 of these in entire nave which I think should be cool and won't be seen in combat most probably. But there will be hard cap on max stats and only 1 stat should go over the max stat limit. It should be imo animal based which stat will be over the max if it even reaches there and that is for Horses=Speed Molvas=Strength Lyks=Stamina.

Kanye West

Jul 6, 2020
I always felt like breeding was impossible to catch up to if you weren't there when it was released. Heres to hoping they make some changes to that or make some sort of catchup mechanic.

• Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I always felt like breeding was impossible to catch up to if you weren't there when it was released. Heres to hoping they make some changes to that or make some sort of catchup mechanic.
I don't get your argument. Why can't you just buy good mounts from the broker and use them as your own breeding pair? Isn't that your "catchup mechanic"?

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I don't get your argument. Why can't you just buy good mounts from the broker and use them as your own breeding pair? Isn't that your "catchup mechanic"?
Indeed it was.
Good breeding pairs was everwhere.

Kanye West

Jul 6, 2020
idk i guess broker horses may have been good enough for you, but I know my boys were rockin some insane in house breeds.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
idk i guess broker horses may have been good enough for you, but I know my boys were rockin some insane in house breeds.
That depends if you buy a 300g horse, or a 30 gold horse at the broker...

I was breeding Lyks and they were top tier stats. To start with you basically need one with high end stats, and then you can use "decent" ones to breed in certain stats. Took some patience but you can get offsprings with high end stats + the certain stats you wanted to breed in.
Now look for another breeder and trade a lvl 25 mount against another one with similar stats. This decreased the inbreed chance massively. Basically win-win for both breeders.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
That depends if you buy a 300g horse, or a 30 gold horse at the broker...

I was breeding Lyks and they were top tier stats. To start with you basically need one with high end stats, and then you can use "decent" ones to breed in certain stats. Took some patience but you can get offsprings with high end stats + the certain stats you wanted to breed in.
Now look for another breeder and trade a lvl 25 mount against another one with similar stats. This decreased the inbreed chance massively. Basically win-win for both breeders.
Agree, got my first pairs from a guildie. Years later and to many mounts to count I bought 1 with similar stats to my last one and boom hordes more top of the line mounts.
There was always good breeds on some broker but was expensive as you say.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
we need also breedable springboks and stuff, serioisly no joke. Breeding some badass rabbits why not.
would add more variety in the game if normal pets and stuff have also mor estats and are breedable.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Horses exploding when they touch water should be a feature in Mortal 2. It was a nice feature in early MO beta. Bring back exploding horses!

we need also breedable springboks and stuff, serioisly no joke. Breeding some badass rabbits why not.
would add more variety in the game if normal pets and stuff have also mor estats and are breedable.
Well, the farms/breeding pens/stable features etc. in MO were stupid. Being able to have an actual breeding pen and farms in which you can herd and breed animals and take care of them in the actual world would be nice. Being able to breed pretty much any animal could make actual farming and live stock possible so you could provide quality grains and meat. Dem grass fed beef burgers.

Pretty much all the systems that were stupidly automated in these regards should be manual options in MO2. Give people something to do and work on and not just wait for timers.

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
SV will implement it at some point in beta and we can test it and hopefully the feedback will help balance it. When the game launches you will have a mad dash to get mounts and mounted builds up and likely everyone will have a mount for mobility alone. Riding will probably be secondary (don’t quote me on that). The most important thing is that it should have drawbacks that are not purely monetary.

Reactions: Kavu