Mounted Wishlist. What we do, and do not want to see.

Viknuss

Jun 6, 2020
www.youtube.com
The price is such a misconception. It was a 2g bred horse, 3 pieces of armour and a weapon. One of the cheapest classes.
It was a 700g perfect bred horse, 700g plus for armor, 200 - 400g weapon, 500 - 1000g potions.
Lmao I know the prices. I played it for 6 years.
Those prices are if you wanted to be a viable MC. Best equipment in slot.

Viknuss

Jun 6, 2020
www.youtube.com
If you want to go out in steel/molarium no pots shit tier weapon garbage horse sure. You'd get run down by the first competently equip MC and slaughtered in an instant.

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
That's factually inaccurate. Hybrid was meta first day of release. There was a cohort of baddies like Shinzon, CIR, Bizzy, etc who lead a massive amount of noobs to not play meta. That doesn't mean hybrid wasn't meta. Just that a bunch of bad guilds played improperly and got dominated.

Anyone else miss this combat? :( It was a desync mess, but there was more skill in it then the current iteration.

>Life is feudal

foot fighters NEVER countered lancers. Lancers counter Lancers.

You have 50 people

Enemy has 50 people

Enemy has 20 lancers, 30 infantry.

You have 30 infantry, 20 dedicated anti-cav footboys.

Who is gona win?

The team with 20 lancers.

>no suggestion

The best thing to do is make MC more accessible, so everyone can compete on an even playing field. Go back to the OG horse system where a desert has less stamina but runs quicker etc. MC needs to be an even playing field for it to be competitive.

I mean, it's not factually inaccurate if most people weren't doing it, hence it's why they were not common place. The majority of players weren't utilizing hybrids and the few players that did were just generally more PvP intelligent anyways. Hybrids used to be essential because magic used to be the only way to heal in combat without just resting, fun fact. Magic existed before bandages.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
It is factually inaccurate. Hybrid was the meta among good players. You're trying to say because the baddies outnumbered the goodies that it wasn't meta, and this is OBVIOUSLY a rediculous arguement.

Are ICBMs not meta because only 31/198 countries have them IRL? Obviously not. ICBMs are very meta among good nations IRL.

But by your logic ICBMs aren't meta. So your logic must be flawed.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
It comes down to Player Skill Vs Player Preparedness. If you aren't prepared to handle a mounted group, then you should lose to the mounted group, Regardless of how good you can parry and run away. A shit tier group that is PREPARED for that encounter should do far better than a skilled group that isn't. Don't go wandering in a mounted dominated area IE Meduli flats, without a way to combat it.

This makes sense. If you run out as a group of sword and boards and face a bunch of heavy cav, you should get wiped. But if you're all pikes and they're dumb enough to press the attack you should wipe them.

And if you head out as a group of all pikes with no bows and a bunch of cav archers attack you, you also deserve to get wiped. And if you have some good longbowmen you should wipe them if they press the attack.

And if you head out as a group with pikes and and longbows well rounded to counter mounted fights and face a good mix lancers and cav archers you should wipe them if they press the attack. And you should probably have a disadvantage against a group of sword and boards or some other anti-infantry focused combo.

However one thing I will say is there a reason mounted characters should get absolutely wrecked by their counter even if that counter is pretty cheap and that's the phrase I keep using "If they press the attack". You would have to be braindead to press the attack on a bunch of pikemen with lancers or longbowmen with cav archers. The biggest advantage cav is they don't have to take unfavorable fights unless their opponents are even faster cav. Even if they are more expensive to kit in this game and have some cheap counters, it's worth the cost when they can say no to fights they don't want.

Last edited:

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
It is factually inaccurate. Hybrid was the meta among good players. You're trying to say because the baddies outnumbered the goodies that it wasn't meta, and this is OBVIOUSLY a rediculous arguement.

Are ICBMs not meta because only 31/198 countries have them IRL? Obviously not. ICBMs are very meta among good nations IRL.

Well, that would be flawed if that was what my logic actually was.

I haven't mentioned meta and all I've said is that hybrids were simply not common place. I didn't say they weren't a good class, they were clearly preferable at the time. In early Mortal, you often chose whether or not to use mounted combat, or magic.

And honestly, if you're looking at what I'm saying it's not factually inaccurate. Spear stance did exist before hybrids were common place. Few players actually used them, and even a pretty large percentage of "good" players still mained fighter.

Rhias

May 28, 2020

I think your understanding of the word meta is flawed.

Meta is the most used thing, and not the most powerful.

Reactions: Zerotrigger

Zerotrigger

Nov 30, 2020
It was a 700g perfect bred horse, 700g plus for armor, 200 - 400g weapon, 500 - 1000g potions.
In reality a good MC only needed to spend gold on a perfect horse and a good weapon. Armor you could skimp on, and pots were negligible

Reactions: Ministro

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
If you’re being as inefficient as possible wearing 10 piece tung for no reason not maintaining breeds, not having mats for weapons then sure.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Honestly I think the costs of equipment are not as important as they are made to be. Having something take a lot of time to aquire will only lead to people wanting it to give them unreasonable power.

I´m more interested in skill points, since those are a finite resource and you cannot compensate those choices by grinding more.

Personally I feel that choosing to have mounted combat/mounted archery/mounted magery skills should not have a huge impact on your character build. If 1/3 of your character is solely spend on being effective while being mounted balancing the whole system becomes much harder.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
That's factually inaccurate. Hybrid was meta first day of release. There was a cohort of baddies like Shinzon, CIR, Bizzy, etc who lead a massive amount of noobs to not play meta. That doesn't mean hybrid wasn't meta. Just that a bunch of bad guilds played improperly and got dominated.

Shinzon didn't lead anyone to play in any specific way, People in AI played the playstyle they wanted to play, normal guilds don't go out of their way to force people to play a certain way. You can advice people on how to play, but the second a guild wants to force you to play a certain way, personally I'M OUT.

First time I ever ran into widespread hybrid use was at the end of TA and afterwards. At that point in time I had gotten off my mounted archer and had a hybrid character of sorts(nothing close to what people refer to when thinking hybrid chars), myself.
2h axe user(later switched to spears) that could cast approximately 2 reflects, a bunch of purifies, corrupts and lesser heals. But was mainly for the corrupts, purifies and the reflects. Would wear heavy armor and would have to take armor off to regen mana. It was almost exclusively to deal with hybrid characters and just happened to be the character I played at the right time by pure chance as it was supposed to just give me more durability against mages. You could let the hybrid character cast on you (himself) and then trade blows if he was stupid enough to attack and then run him down if he was low health or spamming corrupts on him if you had friends.

We had some hybrids, but the main problem of most hybrid groups were they didn't even use mounts to get around, which clashed pretty strongly against the fact that for travelling we'd use horses, so naturally it was just not used in the way most commonly referred to as hybrid.

MOUNT and his hybrid compadres come to mind as they would just footslog across the world since they did not have horses and most likely couldn't ride horses.

AI did a lot of PVE and every person strived towards their own personal goal of achieving things, grinding X material, Mining, finding refining recipes, alchemy, hunting scrolls etc etc. So we'd often end up with odd combinations that made sense for PVE and worked just fine for PVP. Being a mix of mounted combat, mounted archers, foot-mages and beefy foot fighters. But its hard to pin any specific combo we ever had at any one point since it changed just as much as the META changed about.

And AI did fine in PVP, we came out on top of all the server wars after all.
Since you never won against AI and you are calling AI bad, does that mean you are... Super bad? Absolutely beyond terrible?

Last edited:

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
And AI did fine in PVP, we came out on top of all the server wars after all.
Since you never won against AI and you are calling AI bad, does that mean you are... Super bad? Absolutely beyond terrible?

Some of my more favoured parts of history had to be the second and third excel spreadsheet wars.

Can't forget the furious battles of cartography. Truly an amazing time to play.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Imagine being butthurt about people achieving things while you bicker in the corner with your "friends" that backstab each other at an alarming rate. All the while using the results of said achievements, while simultaneously complaining that other people are achieving tangible things and are having fun doing it.

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
Imagine being butthurt about people achieving things while you bicker in the corner with your "friends" that backstab each other at an alarming rate. All the while using the results of said achievements, while simultaneously complaining that other people are achieving tangible things and are having fun doing it.

Strange, I've never had any of my friends backstab me. Actually I've gamed with the same community of people for close to a decade now. Imagine assuming things about people when you've never met or interacted with them in any meaningful way and only have falsified perspectives based on third-person accounts.

Funny, I think I struck a nerve. Not so confident about AI's achievements? I'm sure if you guys hit the workstation, brew the coffee and get down with the more recent spreadsheet meta you'll cement a lasting legacy in MO2. Since the game is so slow I'm sure some old scholars could even manage to be relevant in PvP too.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
It wasn't directed just at you, more like the non-achiever nothing but murderer pvp crowd in general.

They'll gladly take your refining recipes and use the map, crafting recipes and other crucial info that actually required effort to find out or make. But they'll also gladly be complaining about it.

So making maps and finding extraction, refining recipes and more is a spreadsheet meta. God this is such a nice view on exactly why the pvp crowd was so easily influenced. I literally tricked the entire server that Crepite was good for armor(it wasnt) and that Crepite and dense crepite was the best material for bows (they weren't). But gullible idiots that do nothing but use the work of others and simultaneously think they won something while triumphantly holding up said thing not knowing what they are holding up while telling you HAHA I GOT YOUR THING AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK FOR IT are beyond hilarious. Its funny how the same pvp crowds always talk about how they are playing the meta and others are newbs for not following the meta, while using false meta items playing completely gimped.

The feeling of seeing everyone run around in pink because they are too stupid to know better was an extremely good feeling.
Hey, atleast everyone was fighting on even terms!

Last edited:

desync

Dec 5, 2020
Meduli
I want to be able to wield and swing 10-15kg messing mauls that do 100-200 damage each time i hit an enemy, thanks.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
I want to be able to wield and swing 10-15kg messing mauls that do 100-200 damage each time i hit an enemy, thanks.

Me too.

Please take note how they tactically outmanouvered the foot-groups, through superior tactics, skill and preparedness.