Mounted Online 1 vs Mounted Online 2

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Which mounted online version is worse.

I'm actually thinking Mounted Online 2 is worse since 99% of players are running MA.

I guess its what, the standardized horses, mounted combat being dog water?

MC's used to beat MA I think that needs to come back.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Any game I have ever played the mounted combat is always either insanely strong or incredibly weak. I personally prefer the latter simply because the other option usually is extremely boring to play and extremely annoying to play against.

I know people want to have big mounted zergs and just wash over people but it's really not that exciting to be on the receiving end.

I think mounteds could use less point investments in the parent skills to encourage more people to play them which in a way increases their effectiveness, cause right now as it stands you either have a mount to travel or to fight.. not really much in-between.. and since mounts die so quickly anyway I wouldn't mind if some fights started off mounted then transitioned into foot fights.

Reactions: Raziel and Teknique

Feb 10, 2022
Which mounted online version is worse.

I'm actually thinking Mounted Online 2 is worse since 99% of players are running MA.

I guess its what, the standardized horses, mounted combat being dog water?

MC's used to beat MA I think that needs to come back.
enrique said that we will see breeding again, no perfect pets but it will be in game 100%
it will affect current situation for sure, mc with proper horse will deal with ma
i guess we will back to stone-papper-scissors situation
mc > ma
ma > fm
fm > mc

Feb 10, 2022
Any game I have ever played the mounted combat is always either insanely strong or incredibly weak. I personally prefer the latter simply because the other option usually is extremely boring to play and extremely annoying to play against.

I know people want to have big mounted zergs and just wash over people but it's really not that exciting to be on the receiving end.

I think mounteds could use less point investments in the parent skills to encourage more people to play them which in a way increases their effectiveness, cause right now as it stands you either have a mount to travel or to fight.. not really much in-between.. and since mounts die so quickly anyway I wouldn't mind if some fights started off mounted then transitioned into foot fights.
i just hope that we will get more dismount mechanics with same patch with breeding
maybe finally we will see spear stance, dual strike dismounted for some time but it was also broken in foot fight, maybe something new

King Christof

Jan 27, 2022
i just hope that we will get more dismount mechanics with same patch with breeding
maybe finally we will see spear stance, dual strike dismounted for some time but it was also broken in foot fight, maybe something new

Spear stance would be awesome not going to lie. Meaning we could form a square set up stance and dismount them? Did that exist in MO 1?

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Mount skills should be all secondary. I dont care about build diversity in this regard. Let terrain and occasion decide to play mount or foot.

Reactions: Zandragal
D

Deleted member 44

What you guys on about? Foot fighters are the best characters in the game.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

MC is fun imo. If you mean just combat while mounted then I dunno, imo it has to be kinda strong because that's the only risk to transporting.

I mean, the parries haha, that's why people are running MA. And like dude said you can't MC pve. I remem MCing pve in 1 when you got the rhythm right vs w/e mob as long as it didn't have ranged. I don't think that's possible anymore.

MO2 is just all ways worse in combat imo.

But speaking ONLY mounted v mounted:

As I said before, even a simple change like being able to aim with crosshairs massively buffed MA (imo.) Lore + dmg, buffs MA, lower horse health, same. Just like armor nerfs MC. We still don't have a horse type that 'wears armor' better.

MO1 had 'good MC,' but it just had good parts at different times. Haha. They should know by now how to put them all together and what made it OP, etc. MA+MM was a meme before and it still is. Should not be possible. Before it was more like Fatmages w/ lo str bows tho. They also did the dex turn thing, but I think if axes were still legit I'd take my chances vs a MA on my 110 str stout khur w/ MC. iirc MA could fire to both sides in 1, or am I tripping? So you'd just have to really cut off their firing side and pound them out.

It's a bunch of half baked shit as usual. I def support mounted combat, but mounted combat should be for ganking transports and fighting other mounteds, most of all, not so much owning foot. And that + magery shit needs to go. I remem the lance fat mages with MA in 1. I was like omg how cheezy can u get. Clown hammers were somethin, but the axe MC was pretty good until they made it so you needed TM. They should know what works by now in terms of dmg, swing arc, but they have to understand the risk that a MC has to take in order to engage, so some adjustments need to be made.

I can see armor slowing the accel of a MC, but I dunno if it should slow the top speed. Maybe that's the missing skill that needs to be under MC, some sort of armored riding that gives you back top speed in legit armor, but makes it so that it still affects your acceleration. HMM.

And NAH MAs, you don't get that! Otherwise it would be all for naught. It should be something that only works w/ a wep out and if you switch off to mage or pull a bow you fall off :D

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I feel like MO1 mounted was more op. The horses couldnt die. MO2 if they try to attack you their mount prob just died so they have to run away. MO1 every time I got attacked by mounted I died or they got away after an eternity of my trying to kill their horse. My friend could even sledge dismount and my dual strike still wasn't enough to kill a max 125 bull, ever. They got on and jetted off 1 hp every time. Or we get the guy 1 hp and he swigs some 100 hp pot lmao.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
What you guys on about? Foot fighters are the best characters in the game.
The game is unplayable right now off of a mount. And more specifically ma

Reasons:
Huge map you need it simply for travel

Do or die, since an ma will rip your asshole open you have the choice of playing an ma or being a loot bag on a horse.

Strong pve ability and carry weight

safety no dismounts outside of being hit on the player body (no one is even running balance)

standarized horses no investment required in your mounts ( this one is iffy)

The Zerg friendly ones
Minimal speed difference swift riding or not. No range difference for mounted archery with 0 skills.

I’m not really commenting on which of these are good or bad. These are just the reasons that everyone is playing MA and I’m sure there are a lot more.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I feel like MO1 mounted was more op. The horses couldnt die. MO2 if they try to attack you their mount prob just died so they have to run away. MO1 every time I got attacked by mounted I died or they got away after an eternity of my trying to kill their horse. My friend could even sledge dismount and my dual strike still wasn't enough to kill a max 125 bull, ever. They got on and jetted off 1 hp every time. Or we get the guy 1 hp and he swigs some 100 hp pot lmao.
I agree with this my issue in mo 2 is I feel like not playing an MA is just painfully bad for efficiency and travel.

the complete lack of class diversity is gross to behold as well

Reactions: Jatix
D

Deleted member 44

The game is unplayable right now off of a mount. And more specifically ma

Reasons:
Huge map you need it simply for travel

Do or die, since an ma will rip your asshole open you have the choice of playing an ma or being a loot bag on a horse.

Strong pve ability and carry weight

safety no dismounts outside of being hit on the player body (no one is even running balance)

standarized horses no investment required in your mounts ( this one is iffy)

The Zerg friendly ones
Minimal speed difference swift riding or not. No range difference for mounted archery with 0 skills.

I’m not really commenting on which of these are good or bad. These are just the reasons that everyone is playing MA and I’m sure there are a lot more.
You're playing a foot fighter wrong then. I get hit for 6 damage from dense crepite short bows. I can still use a horse if I want to carry stuff around. You guys really need to learn how to adapt. Equip a bone tissue long bone and delete any mounted player that gets near you. Foot fighters are so good in fact, that I've even been dismounting myself on my MA to finish a kill faster.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
You're playing a foot fighter wrong then. I get hit for 6 damage from most MAs and I can still use a horse if I want to carry stuff around. You guys really need to learn how to adapt. Equip a bone tissue long bone and delete any mounted player that gets near you. Foot fighters are so good in fact, that I've even been dismounting myself on my MA to finish a kill faster.
I’m not suggesting that an ma kills my foot fighter. I’m suggesting that farming, transporting and travelling on anything other than ma feels and is pointless. Hence why the whole server is playing one and generally being awful class diversity in an mmo.

broken 120str longbows isn’t a good argument it just means 120 str fighters can do something also with surprise surprise Bows

counter to archer is archer that’s exactly the problem I’m stating.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Mounted was by far worse in MO1 (as in braindead broken strong), but its probably only a question of time before we reach that same level of braindead dogshit in this game. Just wait until breeding is in, lykiators etc.

Mounted might not seem like a big problem at the moment cause nobody is making steel+ horse armor so you can actually bow a horse and make them fuck off but that will change soon enough.

They need to add some kind of way to ranged dismount, and make it so when you get dismounted you get stunned or whatever. Getting dismounted is pretty fucking pointless when you just instantly get back on your horse.

As it is. A mounted has literally ZERO fucking chance to die to anybody that's NOT a mounted. Hopefully this will change when some actual reliable dismount mechanics get added. It ain't looking good though cause you know how much SV loves their braindead dogshit 0 skill playstyles.

Reactions: Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Mounted was by far worse in MO1 (as in braindead broken strong), but its probably only a question of time before we reach that same level of braindead dogshit in this game. Just wait until breeding is in, lykiators etc.

Mounted might not seem like a big problem at the moment cause nobody is making steel+ horse armor so you can actually bow a horse and make them fuck off but that will change soon enough.

They need to add some kind of way to ranged dismount, and make it so when you get dismounted you get stunned or whatever. Getting dismounted is pretty fucking pointless when you just instantly get back on your horse.

As it is. A mounted has literally ZERO fucking chance to die to anybody that's NOT a mounted. Hopefully this will change when some actual reliable dismount mechanics get added. It ain't looking good though cause you know how much SV loves their braindead dogshit 0 skill playstyles.
I think mental projectile is a good candidate for a ranged dismount. It’s not hitscan and an actual skill shot. Problem is it’s a rare spell.

We could also bring melee dismounts on horse hit back and reduce the damage threshold so you didn’t have to hit 76 blunt damage to do dismount. Honestly just random chance to dismount on melee would be better with balance reducing the chance.

Stun animation needs to come back as well

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
I think mental projectile is a good candidate for a ranged dismount. It’s not hitscan and an actual skill shot. Problem is it’s a rare spell.

We could also bring melee dismounts on horse hit back and reduce the damage threshold so you didn’t have to hit 76 blunt damage to do dismount. Honestly just random chance to dismount on melee would be better with balance reducing the chance.

Stun animation needs to come back as well

Even the old diceroll dismount was miles better than this axe dismount dogshit we have. What kind of mounted will ever be in melee range to get dismounted when he sees a kid charging an axe?

Its never gonna happen though, what will all the dogshit zerglings that only play mounted do if they actually have to use their brain to play the game for once.