More Forum Reactions :thumbsdown:

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Not sure if someone else has already made this thread topic or not but we need more Forum Thread Reactions.

Like if I disagree with someones post I don't even know how to currently express that without leaving a comment.

I need a thumbs down reaction or a disagree reaction. And then some.

*If someone comes in here and makes the argument well just use your social skills and use words, let's be honest, you don't have any friends so don't go there.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Not sure if someone else has already made this thread topic or not but we need more Forum Thread Reactions.

Like if I disagree with someones post I don't even know how to currently express that without leaving a comment.

I need a thumbs down reaction or a disagree reaction. And then some.

*If someone comes in here and makes the argument well just use your social skills and use words, let's be honest, you don't have any friends so don't go there.
people got super political with it and just disagree spammed people they don't like.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
What's the point of having a system if it does nothing and convey's no useful information other than how salty someone is?

That's literally one point of view. Are you incapable of thinking of any other useful scenario for it?

What good would a disagree reaction be good for.. Hmm.. Maybe.. Disagreeing? Oh man he must be salty.

Code red. Nuke reactions.

• Wow
Reactions: Blood Thorn

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
That's literally one point of view. Are you incapable of thinking of any other useful scenario for it?

What good would a disagree reaction be good for.. Hmm.. Maybe.. Disagreeing? Oh man he must be salty.

Code red. Nuke reactions.
With data its either reliable or it isn't.

if half the disagrees are useless information then all of them are.

Reactions: Azzerhoden Razeri

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
With data its either reliable or it isn't.

if half the disagrees are useless information then all of them are.

This is so dumb and one sided. I could say the same thing about liking someones post. Salty clans liking their own members post for political gain?? Hello?

I think Im done speaking with you about this never seen so much bias with little argument to follow

• Angry

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I could say the same thing about liking someones post. Salty clans liking their own members post for political gain?? Hello?
Fair point.

That's a little easier to spot and less destructive.

In my personal experience I found the disagree system really didn't add any value, just a tool for 1 or 2 people to abuse the hell out of.

Sorry that you're getting upset.

Also as Valoran said about this a long time ago.

It isn't clear if someone disagrees with the entire post, one word? etc

At least if they state why you can do something with that information.

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I actually rate most of the posts I disagree with as funny. It's the closest thing to disagreeing. :D

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
See if disagree reaction was a thing this whole loss for you could have been avoided. Your vote goes a long way.

• Angry

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
See if disagree reaction was a thing this whole loss for you could have been avoided. Your vote goes a long way.
I don’t know what you’re talking about but you’re making very little sense.

It is a slight loss I guess in the respect I had for you but I guess we can agree to end this conversation since you’re not making any points and just defaulting to insults mostly.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
I don’t know what you’re talking about but you’re making very little sense.

It is a slight loss I guess in the respect I had for you but I guess we can agree to end this conversation since you’re not making any points and just defaulting to insults mostly.

You had one point this entire time, I told you why it was dumb and you agreed then said sorry you're mad then double posted to quote me.

Glad you're done though, sorry you didn't have more points.

• Sad

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
You had one point this entire time, I told you why it was dumb and you agreed then said sorry you're mad then double posted to quote me.

Glad you're done though, sorry you didn't have more points.
Points I had.
Vulnerable to abuse/destructive
Confusion if it’s a rage rating or genuine
Unclear what specifically is being disagreed with in a long post

Points you had
I don’t know how to disagree without actually explaining why
Who cares
Bias
People have no friends
Vague disagrees are somehow useful
Dumb and one sided
Loss
Double posting

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Points I had.
Vulnerable to abuse/destructive
Confusion if it’s a rage rating or genuine
Unclear what specifically is being disagreed with in a long post

1. If you're vulnerable to abuse via disagree reaction, get off the forums.

2. That's the same point as the first.

3. Its not a 1 fix, fix all solution but if a short post only has one point then a disagree fits perfectly. Again same for the Like reaction feature, you may not Like everything in a long post so why is Like in and not Dislike or Disagree.

Blood Thorn

Jan 1, 2021
They already have a dislike button. In fact, they have a slight dislike and a strong dislike, but only one like, so if anything, they provide too many options for showing disfavor. Further it could be argued that throwing a laugh on a post is another form of dislike when the poster isn't trying to be funny. I'll go back and demonstrate on your earlier posts.

Blood Thorn

Jan 1, 2021
They already have a dislike button. In fact, they have a slight dislike and a strong dislike, but only one like, so if anything, they provide too many options for showing disfavor. Further it could be argued that throwing a laugh on a post is another form of dislike when the poster isn't trying to be funny. I'll go back and demonstrate on your earlier posts.

See what I did there....

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020

Saying laughing is a disagree seems more like personal trauma in my experience people laugh more with me than at me. Definitely seems neutral to me.

You reacted to all my posts and I do not feel abused in the slightest only that you want my attention.

More clear reactions seem fair play to me, if you feel spammed by current or future emotes contact an admin about the spammer seems simple to me. Have you guys had many disagreeable posts in the past?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Saying laughing is a disagree seems more like personal trauma in my experience people laugh more with me than at me. Definitely seems neutral to me.

You reacted to all my posts and I do not feel abused in the slightest only that you want my attention.

More clear reactions seem fair play to me, if you feel spammed by current or future emotes contact an admin about the spammer seems simple to me. Have you guys had many disagreeable posts in the past?

I mainly laugh about people, and not with them. But please don't tell them.