MO2 Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Open to recommendations. It's free, MO1 was on there, as was Crowfall.

Not sure if it is what you are looking for but..

I have planned on starting an informational site for MO2 for awhile now and this thread made me pull the trigger.

I picked up a domain and will try to put something up shortly.

It will most likely be something rather simple. But I will leave it open for the community to contribute this time.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Not sure if it is what you are looking for but..

I have planned on starting an informational site for MO2 for awhile now and this thread made me pull the trigger.

I picked up a domain and will try to put something up shortly.

It will most likely be something rather simple. But I will leave it open for the community to contribute this time.

That'd be great! Feel free to post here and it'd be ideal if people could in fact contribute.

Stupid Fandom hasn't even gotten back to me about why they automatically closed the wiki.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
That'd be great! Feel free to post here and it'd be ideal if people could in fact contribute.

Sounds good!

I got the domain mortalii.com and put it on a cheap host (which I hope does not turn out to be too cheap.).

I will try and work on it a bit over the weekend to see what I can do.

Don't expect much as I am far from a master of webdesign.

Hopefully it at least provides a place for players to share and learn about the game though.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Just as an update, the Fandom wiki I created finally got re-opened (after about a week of back and forth with Russian customer support).

They originally claimed the wiki (mo2.fandom.com) was a duplicate of the MO1 wiki. I patiently and repeatedly explained it was a sequel, they then said they re-opened it. I checked and it was still closed, then they said they actually re-opened another MO2 wiki (not sure who made this one, and not sure why it didn't come up when I made mine... probably because it was closed):

So... they denied me opening mine saying it was duplicating MO1, and now they've opened two MO2 wikis at the same time... creating duplicates. Real class acts.

Anyway, they are open, Amadman, let me know what you think maybe after this weekend of how challenging it looks to do your own. We have the option of using either of these (if we do end up going Fandom, let me know which you all prefer, and I can try to have the other one closed).

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Looks good!

I feel bad about bringing mine up now that the Fandom ones are working.

But I have been working on mine as well.

Feel free to link to it in its current state if you want to Darthus.

I dont want to hijack your thread any further.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
What do people think about just co-opting the MO1 wiki and converting it to be for MO2?

Mortal Online Wiki | Fandom

It already shows up as the top result on Google when you search for mortal online 2 wiki, and has a lot of useful stuff like lore information and content that still applies to MO2. Also I personally would have a much easier time updating an existing Wiki rather than starting fully from scratch.

What made me get back on this was this wonderful Bakti map made my a user on Reddit. This type of stuff NEEDS to be in a wiki, not just buried in a reddit post.

(3) Bakti village | I might make more maps but I need some feedback. : MortalOnline (reddit.com)

If we do decide to update the MO1 wiki (I could make a poll if that'd help), is there any due diligence we should/person we should check with that created that one?

I think getting a wiki stood up prior to release is essential, as there is so much still that game doesn't tell you and people will immediately google for a wiki when they get lost, and I'm happy to start contributing, just starting one all my myself from scratch is a big ask.

Reactions: Moored
Status
Not open for further replies.