MO2 the worst MMO I have ever played!

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
After 350 hours of Mortal Online 2 gameplay, I have decided that Mortal Online 2 is soundly the worst MMO I have ever played. And that's saying a lot because I have played many MMOs over the years such as Ultima Online, Darkfall, etc. Below are my personal issues with MO2.

Henrik claims that the Star Vault team could not have known one hundreds thousand customers would purchase his game. However, these sales did not happen overnight. A lot of these customers did in fact purchase the game well in advance. So Star Vault had more than enough time to prepare for a proper game release.

Henrik spent well over a year hyping up the game to players. Stating the map and server could handle 100k players. That the map would have more than enough content for everyone. That they did not want to repeat MO1 and had learned from their past mistakes. Yet all these statements which are on video were fragrant lies.

Their PING Normalization System does not work. Most of the population plays in the US and Steam tracking proves this. Yet we are forced to play a game with 150+ ping. On top of that, the servers are constantly having mirroring issues. This makes combat with other players nearly unbearable.
The lack of Star Vault staff shows as well. Servers are constantly having issues when the Star Vault team is asleep. Yet Star Vault has yet to hire second or third-shift teams to deal with issues. Which is a basic practice for any live service game.

However, my main issue is how toxic the Mortal Online community is as a whole. I have never seen a community be so overwhelmingly racist, discriminatory, homophobic, xenophobic, or misogynistic before. This toxic community pushes new players out completely since most players simply do not want to deal with these behaviors. This game may as well be 4chan Online.

Sitting in Meduli I overheard players on the main server discussing killing African Americans, raping women, and how whites are better than other races. When I recorded and reported this well over a week ago, nothing at all was done. The same players, are playing, and still doing the same poor behaviors. And Stat Vaults' silence on the issue is deafening.

What's worse is Star Vault and the Discord Moderation team take a very lax stance on all these behaviors. Nearly nothing is ever done about players breaking what should be zero tolerance guidelines. It seems we are never going to get a proper Full Loot MMO, unless a company finds the will to properly regulate its community and stand by its promises.

EDIT:

I don't blame the community for any issue I named in my post. I place the blame squarely on Star Vaults' shoulders. They knew these issues from MO1 and have allowed them to carry over to MO2. Which is not acceptable in 2022. As a company, it is their job to ensure all players are able to have a fun and safe environment in which to use their products.

The toxicity of a portion of the community can be solved by properly investing in MO2. Hiring GMs and Mods that are available around the clock and making an in-game ticket system that is user-friendly is a solid start. Having a zero-tolerance policy for trolling, bullying, harassment, discrimination, prejudicial, homophobic, xenophobic, or misogynistic behaviors on the Forums and Discord is also a basic standard. Players should not be given 8 strikes, they should just be banned completely.

On the game issues and PING. Making separated US and EU servers needs to happen. Hiring Devs available around the clock to address server issues as well. The world does not revolve around Sweden or Henrik. Server mirroring is not going to work and is only causing more issues than it's worth. The player base has tanked and in less than 30 days if the trend continues, MO2 will be just like MO1. And the only way to change this is to keep pressure on Henrik and Star Vault.

I don't hate the game. I actually love it. But I can't be silent when the man who created this game is yet again doing nothing, while the game falls apart. And frankly, the lack of a Dev response speaks volumes.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Stupid thread.

The community makes the game bad?

The community could ruin the game for you, but saying its a bad game because of the community is a troll.

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
Stupid thread.

The community could ruin the game for you, but saying its a bad game because of the community is a troll.

Never stated the game was bad. I stated this is the worst MMO I have ever played. You can't even make a complete sentence, so try again.

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Full sentence.

Cool story. Players such as yourself are why we can't have a good full loot PVP MMO. Being constantly toxic doesn't actually draw new players to any game, hence the game already dying, and players swearing it off. The reviews speak for themselves.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Cool story. Players such as yourself are why we can't have a good full loot PVP MMO. Being constantly toxic doesn't actually draw new players to any game, hence the game already dying, and players swearing it off. The reviews speak for themselves.
No one here is toxic except you making shit posts in all caps saying that the game is garbage because someone was mean to you.

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
No one here is toxic except you making shit posts in all caps saying that the game is garbage because someone was mean to you.

Nothing is in all caps, and I have no shit posted. Meanwhile you're still here shit posting on others posts trolling. Yawn.

Reactions: Lucina

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022

The trash toxic community it what made the first game fail. It a community driven game made for players influenced by players number 1 issue toxic players just spend 24/7 making people quit the game any chance they can. People camping priest so people can't respawn, dominating top end creatures just to abandon them in GY so new players can't lvl their skills an learn how combat works, leading new players to their death intentionally so they can loot their stuff an avoid murder counts, finding ways to push people into objects an get them stuck so they have to suicide or wait hours for a GM to unstuck them, intentionally giving new players wrong information abouts stats an skills to fuck up builds an force new players to reroll, people intentionally running into your attacks to blue block you in town so you go gray while trying to duel someone, people intentionally joining guilds just to grief people in towns, people intentionally running through a camp or dungeon to mass aggro mobs than leading the mobs into the middle of a group trying to do the dungeon or camp.

Last edited:

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
A part of me is curious where u are finding such content as u describe as i havent met anyone being like that since launch ( I guess ur in one of the newbie cesspool areas?).

Tbh tho i think you should just stay away from the internet, maybe you could like build model ships or something idk.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
... this is the absolute worse MMO I have ever played.
Personally I'd say that Mortal Online is one of my favourite MMOs of all time ...
However, my main issue is how toxic the Mortal Online community is as a whole. I have never seen a community be so overwhelmingly racist, discrimination, prejudicial, homophobic, xenophobic, or misogynistic before. This toxic community pushes new players out completely since most players simply do not want to deal with these behaviors. This game may as well be 4chan Online.

What's worse is Star Vault and the Discord Moderation team take a very lax stance on all these behaviors. Nearly nothing is ever done about players breaking what should be zero tolerance guidelines.

... but sadly the OP has a point. A lot of us who witnessed the train crash that was the decline of MO1 came back to MO2 with mixed feelings. We hoped that SV would learn from past mistakes and make MO the great MMO it had the potential to be. We feared SV would just repeat the old mistakes.

One of the (many) disasters of MO1 wasn't just the toxicity and pointless griefing from parts of the community. It was the fact that SV failed to deal with it. In fact, they failed to deal with it so completely that you almost felt they were encouraging it, mistaking a hardcore sandbox for a smelly cat litter.

EVE online had a problem with toxicity, prejudice and harassment, and CCP dealt with it. It didn't make EVE any less hardcore. You can still have brutal gameplay with a supportive and respectful community.

SV must learn to deal with problems. Not just toxicity, but cheating, broken systems and poor performance. If they cannot tackle the problems - and be seen to be tackling the problems - it's going to be MO1 revisited, and I'm sure none of us want that.

Lucina

Feb 10, 2022
The community ruined Mortal Online One as well because the developers failed to address it. As you can see here, the community here are bottom-of-the-barrel individuals. As much as I enjoy Mortal Online, it is a dead game again already due to all the issues you raised and more.

I've seen the same issues you have, and anyone here denying them, is simply not being truthful. It takes courage to speak the truth, so don't stop speaking it. Maybe one day we'll get the MMO we all deserve. Ignore the people here being cucks, they are all neckbeard betas with nothing better to do than harass others online.

And no toxic behavior and PVP do not go hand and hand. That just means you are a shit person all around.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Started out so good with facts and real issues and then basically just turned NPC and social justice warrior x1000...sad state of affairs, such ist and such ism...

Always remember trolls be trolls and they are everywhere these days....state of the world!

The trash toxic community it what made the first game fail. It a community driven game made for players influenced by players number 1 issue toxic players just spend 24/7 making people quit the game any chance they can. People camping priest so people can't respawn, dominating top end creatures just to abandon them in GY so new players can't lvl their skills an learn how combat works, leading new players to their death intentionally so they can loot their stuff an avoid murder counts, finding ways to push people into objects an get them stuck so they have to suicide or wait hours for a GM to unstuck them, intentionally giving new players wrong information abouts stats an skills to fuck up builds an force new players to reroll, people intentionally running into your attacks to blue block you in town so you go gray while trying to duel someone, people intentionally joining guilds just to grief people in towns, people intentionally running through a camp or dungeon to mass aggro mobs than leading the mobs into the middle of a group trying to do the dungeon or camp.
FYI the game made the players toxic due to its mechanics, MO2 has even worse mechanics so obviously the players will rot even faster.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
A part of me is curious where u are finding such content as u describe as i havent met anyone being like that since launch ( I guess ur in one of the newbie cesspool areas?).

Tbh tho i think you should just stay away from the internet, maybe you could like build model ships or something idk.
I have to agree. I haven't experienced any of it. If it does exist...don't let it bother you? If a group of people can ruin a game for you with VOIP, then idk man.

Reality is these full loot pvp games will always bring in more "toxic" players than the typical MMO, you just have to learn to deal with it. On the other hand I've met some assholes in other games, but at least in this one I can actually do something about it whenever I want. Having said that, I've met some of the coolest people in the MO community and have been playing games with them for 9+ years now.

Saying "this game may as well be 4chan Online" actually made me laugh. OP really should find a game where people can't talk to them outside of their friend group if they want to avoid the big meanies.

• Angry

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
The community is but one of many factors that lead to the state of mo 1.

Yes, you are right, the whole show was a mess, and the community was just one factor. But it was a BIG factor. The even BIGGER factor was that SV knew there was a problem, they could have dealt with the problem, they ignored the problem.

We all want MO2 to succeed. SV need to prove they learned the lessons, they need to jump on problems fast, and jump on them hard. So far all we are seeing is SV (MO1 edition, head in sand) and if that continues, it will be a death sentence for MO2.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
They never stated it's the worst game ever. They stated it's the worst MMO they personally have ever played. You chose to be butthurt by someone else's opinion and come in here and shit post. They are entitled to feel the game is bad to them. You don't get to dictate how others think and feel. The issues they raised are valued issues, just because you have not experienced them, doesn't mean they don't happen or didn't happen. What are you like 16 years old or something? Anytime someone has a difference of opinion you get butthurt? Now move online.
Now you're the one insulting.

Its funny how that works isn't it?

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
They never stated it's the worst game ever. They stated it's the worst MMO they personally have ever played. You chose to be butthurt by someone else's opinion and come in here and shit post. They are entitled to feel the game is bad to them. You don't get to dictate how others think and feel. The issues they raised are valued issues, just because you have not experienced them, doesn't mean they don't happen or didn't happen. What are you like 16 years old or something? Anytime someone has a difference of opinion you get butthurt? Now move online.
Oh so angry! RAWR !!!! IM A MONSTER!!!! :mad: :ROFLMAO:

Btw you shouldnt abuse post ratings, its a banable offense, just a friendly reminder miss.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Started out so good with facts and real issues and then basically just turned NPC and social justice warrior x1000...sad state of affairs, such ist and such ism...

Always remember trolls be trolls and they are everywhere these days....state of the world!
Not about being a social justice warrior it about not being an asshole. Just because you can say/do something doesn't mean you should.

For instance I can go to a public parking lot an randomly key people's cars, grantee get away with it too if I cover my face, park my own car some were out of sight of cameras an people, and avoid keying cars that people are next too. But really why should I be that kind of an ass? Now let look at an in game comparison, this is no different than being in MK pushing people off the cliff as they try an use the crasher. Both instances result in the offender gaining nothing an the victim being frustrated an annoyed, this than results in people quitting the game or not going to that store anymore.

Lucina

Feb 10, 2022
Being a decent human being isn't being a social justice warrior, so if you have nothing to actually add to the issues that have been raised, then don't post on this thread. Already let the Mods know about the issue of trolls here.

Reactions: TheOnlyRook