MO2 server is not ready for rerlease !

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I remember the launch of MO1 back in 2010. It was a complete disaster with so much crashing and bugs that I left for about 3 years before returning for good.

MO2's server is practically stable and rock solid right now, they ironed out all the crashes and many bugs during the alpha and beta. The game may not be very fleshed out right now, but definitely in a much better state than MO1 ever was at launch.

It recently reached a peak of 1,500+ players which is almost one and a half times more than MO1's lifetime peak, and that's even before it launched.

For a small indie dev company like SV, I'd say that's a phenomenal achievement compared to its multi-billion dollar AAA giant corporate counterparts that do far worse and can't even get the basics right on launch day.

If I had to nitpick on one thing, it would be the server location which I feel should ideally be in the US.

Last edited:

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
server just need more stress test to see whats wrong we all saw what happen on heaven server crashed offline while people in tindrem or meduli were still on!

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Mo1 servers at launch had like an average uptime of 20 minutes. Even during the "early access" of us lootbag plebeians.

The bar for beating that is incredibly low, looks like we are actually in for one of the smoothest launches of any recent MMO TBH. But we'll see.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Brewer

Jan 29, 2022
Yea, they shouldn't be launching a "groundbreaking server" that can't even accommodate more than 2000 people to a global market.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
" Haven and everyone starting from scratch will change things a lot. " This. New players or people new to MO will have a chance to get to know the systems prior to stepping into the real game. Also fuck Steam reviews. Everyone knows they are a toxic metric written by morons who buy into games without having done any homework and understanding what they are buying into. Sure there are legit review with legit criticisms but review bombing is so prevalent, even for good games the reliability of Steam Reviews is sus at best. A game like MO will probably never do well on Steam review wise anyway. It's sandbox pvp. It's s niche product. That said, imo MO2 should be a more successful game than MO do to the new player experience and visuals alone.

I personally left a bad review for the game, it was in really bad shape when i wrote it like 2 months ago and still is now. I know what i was getting into, if you played mortal 1 it wouldn't take you much effort to understand how star vault does shit.

Took me a while to convince some of my friends to try the 2nd iteration of mortal, some of them already quit but i can't blame them because the development direction of this game is terrible, all of them know how stupid development team is. We've seen first hand how SV burried mortal 1 with really shit policies and never aknowledging anything from the community.

All of them had the hope the company would evolve and dodge the mistakes they did on MO1 but SV keeps replicating the exact same way to do things, without testing, having to revert stuff, half made content thats not functional nor well thought/made.

The player experience in mo2 is dumbed down to fit certain mainstream public, but they took the worst of some systems. And still pve and crafting is worse than mo1 ill tell you that.

I'd at least expect them to try patches before releasing them, but i can't start to understand the lack of criteria these dudes have.

"niche" is an euphemism from henrik, to say in other words "don't give 2 fucks, stay or leave".
Exacly like when mortal 1 people would be quitting a lot and instead of adressing the reasons he declared not everyone was the public for the "niche" game, you would have to be a moronic idiot to play mo1 and submit yourself to the worst possible treatment from the development team.

But even tho i do give em the benefit of the doubt im quite sure its gonna continue to be the exact same shitshow unless they change their production model and involve some staff to help them with that. I think they don't play the game and they are completly dissociated with the player's perspective and if they don't address that it will mean the end of the game such as MO1.

Last edited:

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
I personally left a bad review for the game, it was in really bad shape when i wrote it like 2 months ago and still is now. I know what i was getting into, if you played mortal 1 it wouldn't take you much effort to understand how star vault does shit.

Took me a while to convince some of my friends to try the 2nd iteration of mortal, some of them already quit but i can't blame them because the development direction of this game is terrible, all of them know how stupid development team is. We've seen first hand how SV burried mortal 1 with really shit policies and never aknowledging anything from the community.

All of them had the hope the company would evolve and dodge the mistakes they did on MO1 but SV keeps replicating the exact same way to do things, without testing, having to revert stuff, half made content thats not functional nor well thought/made.

The player experience in mo2 is dumbed down to fit certain mainstream public, but they took the worst of some systems. And still pve and crafting is worse than mo1 ill tell you that.

I'd at least expect them to try patches before releasing them, but i can't start to understand the lack of criteria these dudes have.

"niche" is an euphemism from henrik, to say in other words "don't give 2 fucks, stay or leave".
Exacly like when mortal 1 people would be quitting a lot and instead of adressing the reasons he declared not everyone was the public for the "niche" game, you would have to be a moronic idiot to play mo1 and submit yourself to the worst possible treatment from the development team.

But even tho i do give em the benefit of the doubt im quite sure its gonna continue to be the exact same shitshow unless they change their production model and involve some staff to help them with that. I think they don't play the game and they are completly dissociated with the player's perspective and if they don't adress that it will mean the end of the game such as MO1.
agree on all of it

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Pox

Apr 16, 2022
I'm clapping long.

Praise the Sun, for the foresight... 2k players was generous, though.