MO2 server is not ready for rerlease !

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
change my mind.!

It was ready to spawn me in to MK when I chose meduli. But my mats arrived there (I assume?)! Kind of like the opposite of when you fly over seas and your luggage does not arrive.

It's probably not, but who expected it to be... be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
It's probably not, but who expected it to be...
The people on the forums who have been running their mouths for months going on about how MO2 isnt MO1, its going to have thousands of players, multiple continents full of players, deep sandbox, bla bla. I expect MO2 launch to actually do worse than MO1 steam launch. Its a significantly worse base game, with much less content, and more broken systems. The same towns, and the same GY's. Trying to stuff all the nubs into the little GY's. They made the world 4x as big to try and hold more players, but its just empty space in between the places players will actually be, and severs no real purpose outside making travel more boring.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The people on the forums who have been running their mouths for months going on about how MO2 isnt MO1, its going to have thousands of players, multiple continents full of players, deep sandbox, bla bla. I expect MO2 launch to actually do worse than MO1 steam launch. Its a significantly worse base game, with much less content, and more broken systems. The same towns, and the same GY's. Trying to stuff all the nubs into the little GY's. They made the world 4x as big to try and hold more players, but its just empty space in between the places players will actually be, and severs no real purpose outside making travel more boring.

I mean if you're talking about the content, I agree... but I'd say it's all but assured there are gonna be more people logging in. If you are talking about the server load/crashes/queues in comparison to steam launch and the bugs that caused... I lost like 8 stax of galb in the mailbox at MK or sumshit loool. I could have been faster about picking it up, but still... but yea if this launch is shittier from a mechanical standpoint than steam launch, that's gonna be a super failure. I do expect some trash tho, that's why I'm not gonna be trying to go hard out the gate, but I will play.

And I do wonder if the people saying those things you said even believe it... or just want to believe it. There was a thread on steam forums where dude was saying that new servers can hold 150k people, and it's like... wellllll... or that confirmed 50k copies were sold. It's like welllll... we'll see, but lol, if anything close to that happens I'll be too busy rolling on the floor laughing to log in. I think if we end up with a player base of around 5k active players the world will be pretty amazing. Arguably, will push toward further adjustment of the rep system tho cuz w/ more people you need to kill more people!

Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
but I'd say it's all but assured there are gonna be more people logging in
I think if we end up with a player base of around 5k active players the world will be pretty amazing
The issue is the experience for these new players is going to be even worse than MO1's steam launch. More negative reviews. Higher % will quit. The current game towns and GY cant even sustain 1k players. The world is big but TC isnt in. So everyone has to live in town, making the larger world mean nothing. The rep system doesnt work. Anyone who does any combat will go red and realize they cant use town, and cant get rep back. And you cant live out in the world because its not properly implemented. So they will quit and leave a negative review.

Reactions: nazgo

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
This is not a finished game and will never be. There are bugs in every game. You are allowed to start playing in half a year or later. The subscription starts running with your first login but not at release day.

Let's wait for release day and see if the player chart breaks the 10k!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If judging by content and bugs, this game will never be ready for release. SV will add new content regularly and there will be new bugs with every new patch. So its now or never ;)

yee... but keeping the server up is like... step 1 to running an MMO. There are always SOME server issues (I haven't participated in any MMO launches except this... and if you count steam launch lol) according to what I've read, but there is a point where it becomes unbearably bad and hurts the game. I feel like steam launch went there.

lol Xun, I was gonna make a lewd joke like if player count hits 10k I'll get on cam and... but I already got some warnings. Blee. I think hitting 10k number is possible, but having 10k players actually playing the game is less likely. It would be a one time moment and it might not even be in a moment the server stays on.

Edit: and I hope SV reads the literal 10s of threads we have dedicated to people saying the rep system IS BAD. Everyone says it's bad. Multiple proposed solutions... and has SOME IDEA how to make it more bearable for release.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
I am ready.I got a bag of herbs and few bottles of vermouth.If server is shit I will enjoy those:)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I am ready.I got a bag of herbs and few bottles of vermouth.If server is shit I will enjoy those:)

that's what's up haha. Altho to me I'd be playing some other game. If I'm smokin or w/e I'm not gonna be sitting there trying to log in. I'd just go straight on to something else and come back later.

• Haha
Reactions: Zbuciorn

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021

The issue is the experience for these new players is going to be even worse than MO1's steam launch. More negative reviews. Higher % will quit. The current game towns and GY cant even sustain 1k players. The world is big but TC isnt in. So everyone has to live in town, making the larger world mean nothing. The rep system doesnt work. Anyone who does any combat will go red and realize they cant use town, and cant get rep back. And you cant live out in the world because its not properly implemented. So they will quit and leave a negative review.

Alright. Since no one else has bothered saying this to you, I'll say it.

Almost every post I've ever seen you make has been nothing but straight up negativity. It's clear that in MO1 you were someone who was deeply invested in the game but the many pitfalls and problems has soured your outlook on anything Star Vault has tried to do.

I was like you at one point. Very cynical and opposed to any form of progress, good, neutral, bad.. you name it. But I eventually got rid of that very pointless outlook as all it does is make you upset anytime SV / MO do anything.

Lets get one thing straight. The game already has surpassed MO1, and it's pre-launch. You can utilize Steam Charts to prove this.

The second thing is, is we've had numerous stress tests and recently received server upgrades (Along with instanced Havens, meaning they will not be shared with the rest of Myrland).

I agree that there is less content, and that there are things that are changed / different; but the game has already outpaced MO1 dramatically. MO1 has 2,918 Steam reviews with a rating of 51% (Mixed). But if you look across the internet for other reviews not accounted for, the game clearly was not received well and had a super small / niche population.

MO2 is sitting at a 74% (Mostly Positive) with 902 reviews in total. It's had more public coverage on YouTube, Twitch, MMO Websites, Discords, etc. It's also received a vastly more positive reception. Most people I've spoke to or played with, have said the game has done much more good then bad.. and I'm inclined to agree. Could there be more good to be done? Sure.

You make valid points that I don't disagree with, but I believe with the influx of players & spawners, the content of the game for the time being will mostly be made up of player interaction.

I disagree with your opinion that the launch will be worse. I still think MO1's Haven is superior to MO2's Haven (In content & creativity) - however, I think Haven gives players the appropriate pacing to understand the game better without getting slapped around by vet players in PvP or having mobs wreck their shit randomly. Not everyone will live in towns. Houses already have benches and chests. Players will more than likely rush their houses & guilds so they can begin playing outside of towns - this will leave Anti-PK guilds, Noobs, and other randoms / guildless players in the majority of blue towns.

The rep system does work now. It gives you guaranteed standing. Is it a shitty system that isn't fully fleshed out? Yep. 100%. But it works and is barebones now. I agree that if you go negative reputation, you should be able to redeem yourself (and in some cases this is possible by running parcels from other red towns to other red towns.)

I imagine the next thing SV guns for is the ability to live outside of towns with improved housing permissions, shared chests, and other things to place and or build. They've been quoted numerous times on this.

But yeah, stop being sour about it man. I'm not someone who is going to tell you to go play another game simply cause you sound dissatisfied.. but it sounds like you haven't played recently. If you have been playing recently, then IDK what to tell you. Maybe you should stop playing -for now- and come back at another point in time.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Lets get one thing straight. The game already has surpassed MO1, and it's pre-launch. You can utilize Steam Charts to prove this.

I couldn't read the post beyond this ahaha. Number 1... not really tbh!! And number 2, I dunno if that matters, but yea it's somethin'.

This game has not surpassed MO, but watching those ES guys fight in Fab and it not being a stupid lagfest was welcome to see. THAT is amazing, but the game itself is bare as fuck. Jokey bare. (like yogi bear? :eek:) They still have time to fuck it up, too!

Jax is cool. He's not always negative. He ain't @ThaBadMan hahah <3 tho at him too. But yea, a lot of simple shit fucked a lot of people like say REPSYS.

I def hope MO2 can pull it together, and I'm in for 1 month. The way shit looks like now, I will have done everything I can do in that 1 month, but I hope not!

Zyconnic

May 28, 2020
Denmark

Did you remember what happened at steam launch? Most didn't even reach the outside of an town before they quit... or were farmed to death

I can't say anything about bugs, stability, server issues etc. but Haven and everyone starting from scratch will change things a lot.

Reactions: Amadman and Xunila

Solaris

Nov 25, 2021
NorCal
" Haven and everyone starting from scratch will change things a lot. " This. New players or people new to MO will have a chance to get to know the systems prior to stepping into the real game. Also fuck Steam reviews. Everyone knows they are a toxic metric written by morons who buy into games without having done any homework and understanding what they are buying into. Sure there are legit review with legit criticisms but review bombing is so prevalent, even for good games the reliability of Steam Reviews is sus at best. A game like MO will probably never do well on Steam review wise anyway. It's sandbox pvp. It's s niche product. That said, imo MO2 should be a more successful game than MO do to the new player experience and visuals alone.

Reactions: Xunila

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
This is not a finished game and will never be. There are bugs in every game. You are allowed to start playing in half a year or later. The subscription starts running with your first login but not at release day.

Let's wait for release day and see if the player chart breaks the 10k!

I think it will but I've seen games go from 10k to 100 within 6 months before since gamers are fickle and most people just want to play the newest craze until the next pvp game comes out

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Did you remember what happened at steam launch? Most didn't even reach the outside of an town before they quit... or were farmed to death

I can't say anything about bugs, stability, server issues etc. but Haven and everyone starting from scratch will change things a lot.

What up boyeee. I knew people by their icon from Mofo1. I just saw your name. I remember you. Lone wolf or nah?? :eek: Edit: or ZEAL? :eek: hmm. selfdoubt.

New players are gonna get farmed regardless. Another thing is that SINCE everyone is starting from scratch they will be focused on their own gains. When steam launch came along, a lot of people were already mad. There was a faction of new players plzz maybe that will help the game, but there was also a faction of BURN IN HELL SV!! This will def be different.

But yea to say this game is already better than MO1 is blasphemy. I'm sorry looool. That's just wild. I admit I only played MO for prol a year, year 1/2 total +/- (would quit, come back, etc), but the amount of things I DID during first run, and runs after the game was significantly changed... like the sheer amount of focus I put into A GAME was exceptional. It was the first game I ever subbed to. It was fascinating. MO2 lacks so much that MO1 had, I don't think it's going to hook as many types of people. HOWEVER, we got time to add it all back, and hopefully properly!

I do really think that slowing down the combat and ping normalization seems like the right decision, the more vids I watch of people playing from different areas. It doesn't fix everything, but it makes it more bearable for the 25% of the pop that was just hard scrood. Now it's just the aussies getting screwed, and you know how I feel about that.

Last edited: