MO2 an Anti-PVP PVP Game

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
You basically just have to reroll if a town doesn't like you anymore.

Most people will just quit the game. There is just no point playing a game that cares nothing for player retention.

Anyone defending the harshness of the criminal system doesn't realize that it is basically nosediving the game into it's grave.

Banning someone from spawning from a city is too harsh. Guards should respond to crimes they see, not crimes they do not. It is just word on word, they aren't psychic. Anything in the open world should be fairgame.

"but it will just turn into people killing eachother".

That already happens, It just has some pointless tedium tied to doing it is all, which changes nothing for butthurt PVErs who cry on a PVP game.

Let your PVP game be a PVP game and it will thrive. STOP with this absurd "your actions have consequences" bs.. LET THE PLAYERS BE THE CONSEQUENCES, NOT THE NPC PSYCHIC MIND POLICE.

It is just immersion destroying and nonsensical. Overcomplicating an needless system that shouldn't even be here in the first place. Just do it like other successful PVP games with MMO design. Keep the full loot PVP, but let us spawn again without making us delete our characters.

It is like the core of the game is built on PVP, and then you've put something in to betray the core entirely.. To needlessly hinder it because of people who don't belong on PVP games to begin with.

Stop listening to PVERs for your PVP game. YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE. PICK WHAT YOUR GAME IS GOING TO BE. IS IT PVP CHAD? OR PVE SOY?

Instead, you have this confused mess where no one is pleased, and the game sucks.

The people who want to PVP can't PVP, and the PVErs need players to be the content, because there is no PVE content. An endless destructive feedback loop; if you cannot focus the vision of your game, it is doomed for a swift failure.
finally a man with some sense i am quitting until they fix this game i want to pvp but its just too punishing right now and until they add more ways to gain rep the game is not going to do well because at the end of the day pvp is the end game for this game and if i cant do it because the game tells me to fuck myself for trying to pvp

Reactions: Big Lips and Jatix

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
You basically just have to reroll if a town doesn't like you anymore.

Most people will just quit the game. There is just no point playing a game that cares nothing for player retention.

Anyone defending the harshness of the criminal system doesn't realize that it is basically nosediving the game into it's grave.

Banning someone from spawning from a city is too harsh. Guards should respond to crimes they see, not crimes they do not. It is just word on word, they aren't psychic. Anything in the open world should be fairgame.

"but it will just turn into people killing eachother".

That already happens, It just has some pointless tedium tied to doing it is all, which changes nothing for butthurt PVErs who cry on a PVP game.

Let your PVP game be a PVP game and it will thrive. STOP with this absurd "your actions have consequences" bs.. LET THE PLAYERS BE THE CONSEQUENCES, NOT THE NPC PSYCHIC MIND POLICE.

It is just immersion destroying and nonsensical. Overcomplicating an needless system that shouldn't even be here in the first place. Just do it like other successful PVP games with MMO design. Keep the full loot PVP, but let us spawn again without making us delete our characters.

It is like the core of the game is built on PVP, and then you've put something in to betray the core entirely.. To needlessly hinder it because of people who don't belong on PVP games to begin with.

Stop listening to PVERs for your PVP game. YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE. PICK WHAT YOUR GAME IS GOING TO BE. IS IT PVP CHAD? OR PVE SOY?

Instead, you have this confused mess where no one is pleased, and the game sucks.

The people who want to PVP can't PVP, and the PVErs need players to be the content, because there is no PVE content. An endless destructive feedback loop; if you cannot focus the vision of your game, it is doomed for a swift failure.
i literally couldnt agree more with what you said ive been saying this for months now and my whole guild quit due to the pvp punishment alot of my new guys just wanted to fight people because the game was advertised as a pvp game not parcel running simulator 2

Reactions: Big Lips and Jatix

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
edit: Just to let everyone know, I killed people yesterday in haven just by leashing mobs onto them to where they could not escape.

So u abused a mechanic to drive someone in a corner. How is that gonna help the community? It isnt, its hurting it. Did u know if it was a new player or a expirienced one? If not..... That kind of stuf happening to often is what kills this game. Not the pvp changes, not the pve.

Al the people that even bother to post about how they like the game, but get driven away by actions like urs. Are prolly just a small percentage of the actual amount. They just arnt bothered to come here writing about it.

Dude, the true non casual gaming community isnt as big as u think. The hardcore gaming community is even smaller. The hardcore pvp cummunity is, even smaller.....

Every person you grief, every person you drive away is 1 to many, the sooner people realise this, the better. U cant affort to drive away anyone.

Now you have the mmo genre dying, people are looking for something new. This is the perfect oppertunity for AV to grab some attention.

With big youtubers with 200k+ followers suddenly knowing about this game. Thats big, realy big. MO 1 didnt have that luxery.

Then why is it failing? Cause u just dont have enough hardcore pvp players. So AV needs to make sure they protect the player flow.

The tone on these forums v/s the devs is also bothering me. Imagine ur working ur ass off, only to read the forums and get smashed to bits.

No wonder they arnt reading the forums much.

Hell, if they had more players, they would have more time to let these patches bake, have a much more relax deadline etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stundorn

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Every person you grief, every person you drive away is 1 to many, the sooner people realise this, the better. U cant affort to drive away anyone.

Not putting this on TEEZY cuz I don't think he's there yet, but you have to understand people are sooo mad at various things SV has done. Their Steam Launch for Mo1 was a grief fest because people wanted to pay SV back. It's gonna be a thing. There's no way to stop it. That's why it's grief. PK is something, but it really doesn't stop grief. It helps, haha.

You're not gonna reach people and tell them to be nice or whatever. As said in other threads, tho, this isn't the toxic game people think it is. The people who you might think are toxic probably aren't even toxic. Some are, tho, just like life. Some of the most toxic people might be pretending to be good or upstanding ARPK people. MO is a complex dive into the human psyche. I'd like to keep it that way. I'd like them to build a world. A world has pvp.

If you are really serious about wanting to play MO, I could mentor you and teach you how to survive. lol, sounds like I'm trolling, but I'm not. The thing is, you have to look at it like that. People who don't want to learn that are going to have to quit because you aren't entitled to be saved by following the same cycle. It's like playing Mario 1 and running into the first goomba over and over again.

Jatix said his PvEr friends won't touch this game, but I mean there is plenty of "PvE." It's just not farming mobs or whatever, it's like market play and such. Interacting with the world in non violent ways, but the world is still turning. People who wanna do raids and shit are not gonna enjoy MO, but that's not the market. I disagree that only hardcore pvpers should be able to enjoy this game. I had a hell of a lot of fun and made good friends. I never felt like anyone's bitch, either, whether or not they thought I was, who cares. I had to quit cuz walls cuz... well then there was no way to not be a bitch lol, but SV PROMISED NEVER TO DO THAT AGAIN AHEM. The sad thing is, these mechanics they are introducing are becoming like walls.

I'm never gonna ally w/ some big guild just to be able to play. I was lucky to have friends that were like "yea, you can do this" or "I'll help you with this," prol cuz I could offer things to them, too, but I'm not going out and begging people. In MO1 the gankfest I was running around doing whatever I wanted. Sure I died sometime, but not nearly enough to affect me. I was so successful I had to actually remind myself it was a game and maybe I was a bit too invested in it haha.

I'd say I'm half-casual now. I play hard, but I don't want any big responsibility. I didn't want it then, either, but I ended up putting in a lot more work than I probably would now. If the game world shaped up right, I think I could put in more than I do now, but I don't see any reason. I don't even see a reason to make tungsteel atm. Jade wep, tamed horse, incis armor, crep bow... gg. If I die w/ that I was prol gonna die anyway.

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
I'd say I'm half-casual now

The thing is, Mo already has the hardcore style player won over. Its the on the fence people that SV needs to cather to. They have bills to pay.

And having 1 look over the steam reviews wil paint a very very clear picture. 90% of negetive reviews are about griefind and toxic behavior.

Now if ur telling me the reason poeple are so toxic to begin with, cause they hate SV then... thats some fucked up shit right there.

Prolly the whole reason they implement these things the core community hates, is becuase of the griefing.
And dont get me wrong here, i agree that there are better ways to make it fun for everyone without giving the true fanbase the feeling SV doesnt give a shit about them.

SV would be stupid to not use the steam reviews to tinker their game.

And if its realy this sad of a cycle, how to break it? Perhaps the best way to SV to be succesfull is to not cather to the small deticated playerbase.
This wil inturn get rid of the people with this mindset and SV can then focus on making a balanced game for new and old.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
I can't afford not to.
If you get driven away by minor set backs maybe you shouldn't be playing the game or any game.
People like that is just good riddance tbh. I want the game to succeed but not at any cost what so ever, like playing by the rules of weaklings and simpletons.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The thing is, Mo already has the hardcore style player won over. Its the on the fence people that SV needs to cather to. They have bills to pay.

And having 1 look over the steam reviews wil paint a very very clear picture. 90% of negetive reviews are about griefind and toxic behavior.

Now if ur telling me the reason poeple are so toxic to begin with, cause they hate SV then... thats some fucked up shit right there.

Prolly the whole reason they implement these things the core community hates, is becuase of the griefing.
And dont get me wrong here, i agree that there are better ways to make it fun for everyone without giving the true fanbase the feeling SV doesnt give a shit about them.

SV would be stupid to not use the steam reviews to tinker their game.

And if its realy this sad of a cycle, how to break it? Perhaps the best way to SV to be succesfull is to not cather to the small deticated playerbase.
This wil inturn get rid of the people with this mindset and SV can then focus on making a balanced game for new and old.

yea but it didn't work and it made the game worse, and if people are quitting a game because of believing it's griefy, they are no the core audience. The "find another game" thing is harsh, but it's true. If you can't handle that stuff, it's gonna be an uphill climb regardless.

I know SV is using the steam reviews to tinker their game and they have made it considerably worse. They also used the steam launch from MO1 as a worst case and added Haven which IMO is trash, too, because it gives people a false impression of the game + people are in their grinding their skills but not adding the mats they grind to the economy, etc.

I know you mean well, and I don't know SV means well, but I do think they believe they are doing what the population wants, unfortunately, you can't balance your game off of ragey steam reviews lol. I do have a level of mental toughness, and I've left some reviews shitting on a game, but never because it was too hard or because I got too griefed. That's not a normal response. Those are not emotionally stable people.

There are casual people who want open world pvp as well, was my point. Right now, in order to open world pvp, you have to invest a lot more than you should. We want a vibrant active world. SV should, too. Those ragey people on steam are not worth listening to imo. It's worth keeping in mind if they are talking about a bug, but not if they are talking about the game itself and people. People being unable to take initiative to protect themselves is not what you want for your sandbox. Even the people here who advocate for strict penalties are still playing the game as is, and they would be playing if it was even more hardcore like MO1. So would you, probably, haha.

MO2 ha(d?) this chance to hook a few thousand people to their new game and they blew it in so many ways. Now they need to find a way to make the game good to attract people. Suppressing action isn't going to help IMO.

Reactions: CrgHck

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
I can't afford not to.
If you get driven away by minor set backs maybe you shouldn't be playing the game or any game.
People like that is just good riddance tbh. I want the game to succeed but not at any cost what so ever, like playing by the rules of weaklings and simpletons.
I rest my case. I feel sorry for SV, having such a fanbase.

Seems to me ur just pissed off, cause u know im right. But dont wana admit it to urself.

Last edited:

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
Go play WoW.

Also, i happen to know a version of wow that has full loot high rist pvp. And anyone with high risk enabled can kill eachother and loot all their gear. High risk enables you to find nice pvp oriented epics in the world drops aswell.

So, get on my level man.

oldeurope

Sep 7, 2021
edit: Just to let everyone know, I killed people yesterday in haven just by leashing mobs onto them to where they could not escape. So just to let you know that blue griefers can get you killed. I would have been stopped in nave by someone killing me, but they would have lost rep and a MC.

... what really shows that ur no dude thats worth to argue with. U just want to see the world burn/slurp tears. Theres something in ur mind that has to be healed first. Wish u much love i rl poor padavan.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I am such a tindremic sheep that I didnt even know that parcels are still the only way to gain rep.
I agree that this is a problem. There has to be a way to gain rep outside the town that doesnt like you, besides the parcel. Is parcel to Kranesh the only way to get tindremic rep for a outlaw? If that is so, thats a big big issue.

I would imagine that most towns would like it if you kill the local mob boss or something like that.

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
Here is a video on a study of "fairness", i suggest you watch it :
On a side note, i can hear by the accent of this man this is done in my home country, the netherlands.

The thing i get from this vid is that it shows that noone likes to be treated unfair.

I also belief we humand are just a freak of nature that happed to the world. We are indeed animals in our core.

Wich bring me back to why there need to be hard restictions.

What the true fanbase wants, is a way to escape societies rules and restrictions. I can relate to that in the opposite fasion.

And to me, its a shame that the only truely original MMO, i have intrest in playing, is being controlled my this need to unleash.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
So u get locked up with ur own kind, but think its unfair?

it just shows the mindset of a lot of PK's we have here: no risk, no consequence, all gains. yet when facing even the light consequences we have now this is all unfair.
i stand by that a true PK sure as hell should be part of the game but with a severe consequence like he should be red to anyone, in constant danger when lurking the lands to jump the blues and if you can't take these consequences like that you have to be accepted by those that run the lawless towns...well you should have thought about that before you go on a rampage, period.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
it just shows the mindset of a lot of PK's we have here: no risk, no consequence, all gains. yet when facing even the light consequences we have now this is all unfair.
i stand by that a true PK sure as hell should be part of the game but with a severe consequence like he should be red to anyone, in constant danger when lurking the lands to jump the blues and if you can't take these consequences like that you have to be accepted by those that run the lawless towns...well you should have thought about that before you go on a rampage, period.
But dont you think the outlawed murderers should have some way to redeem themselves(beside one or two possible parcel routes)?
Like defeating some boss or bringing criminals to justice(killing them)?

I am not sure how the flagging and guards work rn, but early on I had the impression that it was supposed to be possible to be red(5 mc's) and in good standing in a town - with the drawback that guards would not help the murderer if she was attacked by other players. I also thought that good standing would mean that guards would be less enthusiastic about interfering if you went grey. Maybe this was something I dreamt, but I liked it.

korteks

Feb 16, 2022
PK is such a disingenuous term for PvP. If you are going around calling PvP PKing then you have a issue.

PvP is such a disingenuous term for PK. If you are going around calling PK PvPing then you have a issue.

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
But dont you think the outlawed murderers should have some way to redeem themselves(beside one or two possible parcel routes)?
Ofc, everyone deserves redemption. Redemption, to me, means regretting what u have done, and change ur ways by paying a price. Its funny, cause the fact that people complain about stuf like this, means its working!
But yeah, why not add some more ways to do so. As long as its punishing to the point that people think twice.

Last edited:

actetto

Apr 21, 2022

I really don't understand this sentiment. The PvP in MO2 is only enjoyable because it feels meaningful. It only feels meaningful as long as there is value in the items used, risked, lost, and gained in PvP. That value comes from the time and effort that "PvErs" put into getting materials and crafting items.

MO2 is a Sandbox MMO, not a "PvP game". I would think it to be obvious that the PvE is what makes the PvP fun in the first place. If you wanted nothing but PvP in your game, surely there are many options with even better and more focused PvP gameplay.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The hilarious thing is that this same argument was going on in MO1, both sides behaving basically the same, and the WHOLE GAME has changed.

I really think, as I have said before, just bring back Red. People who PvP go red, which means they are OPEN PVP outside of cities. Not KoS. The only KoS you get is a timer based on the last time you pvp'd. The other KoS must be handled by players. Why not JUST TRY THAT. Cut all of this other non-working bullshit out. See how it goes.

One thing people are also not thinking is there are pvpers who are trying to help protect people, and there are casual pvpers who are trying to help protect people, who enjoy that. We want those people to come into the game, too. I have high faith that it'll be OK.

- sings - you can't dennnyy.... the gammmee is dyyying....

time to try a different approach?

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022

I am not sure how the flagging and guards work rn, but early on I had the impression that it was supposed to be possible to be red(5 mc's) and in good standing in a town - with the drawback that guards would not help the murderer if she was attacked by other players. I also thought that good standing would mean that guards would be less enthusiastic about interfering if you went grey. Maybe this was something I dreamt, but I liked it.

sure but it should involve some more risk...doing tasks of some sort and yes with more varity than just parcel runs would be nice, what should change is that you are red to everyone until you are back to blue and this should take some effort...as said going red should be a decision you do not want to take likely. the everyday pvp should not be pk style pvp but currently it is.